a2z Development Center Software Development Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 3, 2014
Updated Apr 3, 2014
5 interviews

4.0

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at a2z Development Center in March 2014.

5 interviews, lasting all day. Ridiculous academic-type algorithm questions... nothing that would be useful in the real world as a software engineer. It seemed more geared toward a new college graduate than someone with real world experience. Complete waste of time, for me at least. This position was supposed to be for a level 2 or 3 software engineer but there wasn't a single question related to anything I've worked on in 8 years as a SWE.

Interview Questions
  • Algorithms, algorithms, algorithms... all functional type stuff, no OO stuff that people use everyday in the software engineering world. Seemed like all academic type questions and not real-world uses.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for a2z Development Center

Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at a2z Development Center in February 2013.

1 phone interview followed by on site call. Phone call question was a basic coding problem on arrays and some knowledge based questions. The onsite was with 5 interviewers- 3 of them asked coding, object oriented questions followed by a behavioral/lunch interview and finally, a resume-based/behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Print a 2d-character matrix in spiral order, design a chess game, Identify patterns in a 2d-boolean matrix.   View Answers (2)

Software Development Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at a2z Development Center in May 2012.

Applied through their website, they also came to our college for a info session and collected resumes. Later I received a mail from them to schedule two back to back phone interviews each 30 mins long. One of it was a programming exercise and other was a technical interview with lot of ques on datastructures.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at a2z Development Center in October 2011.

3 phone interviews & 1 on-site session of about 4 interviewers + a 1:1 lunch meeting
    Everyone were extremely nice and helpful. Always had time for questions at the end of every inter view to ask general questions about the work environment and processes and everyone were highly cooperative and verbose about their answers. The on-site interview was a good experience, great accommodation and all.

Interview Questions
    • (OOP Question) Describe in detail a system that manages a parking lot.   View Answer
    • Given a list of numbers and a numeric value, return all couples from the list whose sum equals the given numeric value.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at a2z Development Center in October 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter and invited to an initial phone screen. The first phone screen took approximately 45 minutes and covered basic data structures and algorithms questions with a bit of discussion about my background. I was contacted first thing the next morning to set up a 2nd phone screen which also lasted about 45 minutes and delved into more complex questions. I was contacted the next morning and told that I was invited to an in-person interview and a mixer the night before. The mixer was a lot of fun and introduced myself and the other candidates to the culture, people and environment.

The in-person interview took approximately 5 hours. I had a series of 5 1:1 interviews with a mix of junior developers, senior developers and managers ranging in topic from algorithms to career achievements and everything in between. The technical questions were challenging without being painful and all of the interviewers were friendly and encouraging. They served lunch before the last interview and my recruiter walked me to the reception area to ask how it went when we were finished.

I was called just a few hours after the interview was finished with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Write a method to reverse the order of words in a string. e.g.: "This is a string" -> "string a is This"   View Answers (2)

Worked for a2z Development Center? Contribute to the Community!