a2z Interview Questions

3.5

Software Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at a2z.

I do not recommend that you waste your time here. Long all day interview, no breaks, not even lunch. Very unprofessional, HR was terrible, bragging about how good they were a hacking things together. Yes we know, your system is down a lot. They want coders, not managers or architects. Positive, I did get a free trip to SF for the weekend.

Interview Questions
    • Write a binary search. Are you kidding, you the interviewer did just get out of college.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 4 days - interviewed at a2z in June 2012.

Phone interview went great. Went for a 1:1 interview with 4 different people. Was told 3 days later that they wouldn't hire me. No reason given. Just a weird feeling about that company now...

I've been a software developer for many years...and doing much more complex software... may be they couldn't afford me... but they never let know what they didn't like. Was not completely a wast of time, but pretty close.

Interview Questions
    • Given 2 lists of numbers (A, B), write a program that will return 3 lists. One that has the number common of the 2 lists, one that has the one in A only and one that is in B only.   View Answers (3)

Senior Manager QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at a2z in January 2012.

Sr. Dev Manager contacted me with an unsolicited request to interview for a Sr. QA role at their A2Z facility in Irvine. He proceeded to pull me along for a couple of weeks and then was a no-show for our interview call. I passed on any further discussion. Extremely unprofessional group!

Some Sort of QA Or Developer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at a2z in December 2011.

Had 3 sessions of phone interview. Questions were no that hard, both interviews had ended in a type_something website. Last one I had to solve a problem by writing a function (word sorting).

On site interview went great, and I was told to get a feedback withing ONE day, lol, yeah I know...It never happened :). Got a call a week later saying that they are passing.

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at a2z in November 2011.

Questions are not very difficult but requires comprehensive description.

Interview Questions
    • What kinds of design process do you take?   View Answer

Software Engineer Mobile Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days - interviewed at a2z in September 2011.

Me and the HR people arranged a phone interview. I was the called by a Software engineer. The phone screen lasted 1 hour. The engineer was very polite and clear in explaining what he asked. During the interview I had to type solutions on typewith.me. The link to typewith.me had been sent to me via email right at the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose we want to simulate traffic over a new area, which object oriented design would you use? Which objects and interfaces do you design to describe and simulate the system?   Answer Question
    • Solve this algorithm: find the longest common sequence among 2 string (e.g "EDfghjuy B", "dsicbw B d-oi" -> " B")   View Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at a2z in August 2011.

I was apply for the software engineer level 1. I cought the email of recuiter to set up technical interview. In 3 weeks, we have 3 phone interviews.

The first two phone interview went just as other people's review in Glassdoor, past experience and a little bit programing tests. like find the frequenct of words in a given texture file.

These two interview went really well and I was waiting for the onsite interview. But one week later, the recuiter email me that they would like to move my application to a higher position - "software engineer 2 in test". I guess the level 1 position has already been filled by other guy. The new position require more experience and I failed in the third interview. No programing question but past experice in management. ..

Interview Questions
    • find the frequence of words in a given file   View Answers (3)
    • find the first two words which happen most in the given file   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at a2z in March 2011.

1st Phone Interview: Series of simple 15 question -overriding,overloading, dom,xmlhttprequest

2nd interview: What kind of data structure to use during a scenario

Interview Questions
    • Best data structure to scan two tables and eliminate duplicates   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at a2z in January 2011.

They called me 2 days after submitting the resume in the Amazon Website to check my background. They set an interview on the phone for the day after. They asked me a lot of questions about previous projects and the reasons why I wanted to work there. Then the lady spent 30 minutes asking me a lot of Java questions and previous experience with threads (they were REALLY interested in multithreading and application performance). I received an email 2 days after saying they wouldn't consider my application.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between HashMap and HashTable in Java and wich one would you use when programming a network application.   View Answer
    • What is a delegate in Java.   View Answers (2)
    • Explain with details how a HasMap works and put some examples.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at a2z in June 2012.

Applied online for New Graduate Position and was contacted by HR to set up an in person interview. Was interviewed by 2 one Development Lead and the second was a Sr. SE. They asked me some basic questions based on OOP and Java. Then was asked to write a two programs through the shared screen. And i was asked questions on my approach.

1. OOP concepts,
    2. OS concepts
    3. Power Function Program.
    4. Distance formula Program

Interview Questions

Worked for a2z? Contribute to the Community!