a2z

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Manager Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at a2z.

Interview Details – I do not recommend that you waste your time here. Long all day interview, no breaks, not even lunch. Very unprofessional, HR was terrible, bragging about how good they were a hacking things together. Yes we know, your system is down a lot. They want coders, not managers or architects. Positive, I did get a free trip to SF for the weekend.

Interview Question – Write a binary search. Are you kidding, you the interviewer did just get out of college.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

The process took 4 days - interviewed at a2z in June 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview went great. Went for a 1:1 interview with 4 different people. Was told 3 days later that they wouldn't hire me. No reason given. Just a weird feeling about that company now...

I've been a software developer for many years...and doing much more complex software... may be they couldn't afford me... but they never let know what they didn't like. Was not completely a wast of time, but pretty close.

Interview Question – Given 2 lists of numbers (A, B), write a program that will return 3 lists. One that has the number common of the 2 lists, one that has the one in A only and one that is in B only.   View Answers (3)

Senior Manager QA Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at a2z in January 2012.

Interview Details – Sr. Dev Manager contacted me with an unsolicited request to interview for a Sr. QA role at their A2Z facility in Irvine. He proceeded to pull me along for a couple of weeks and then was a no-show for our interview call. I passed on any further discussion. Extremely unprofessional group!

Interview Question – How old are you   View Answer

Some Sort of QA Or Developer In Test Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at a2z in December 2011.

Interview Details – Had 3 sessions of phone interview. Questions were no that hard, both interviews had ended in a type_something website. Last one I had to solve a problem by writing a function (word sorting).

On site interview went great, and I was told to get a feedback withing ONE day, lol, yeah I know...It never happened :). Got a call a week later saying that they are passing.

Interview Question – lerler   View Answer

Interaction Designer Interview

San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at a2z in November 2011.

Interview Details – Questions are not very difficult but requires comprehensive description.

Interview Question – What kinds of design process do you take?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer Mobile Interview

Orange, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at a2z in September 2011.

Interview Details – Me and the HR people arranged a phone interview. I was the called by a Software engineer. The phone screen lasted 1 hour. The engineer was very polite and clear in explaining what he asked. During the interview I had to type solutions on typewith.me. The link to typewith.me had been sent to me via email right at the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Suppose we want to simulate traffic over a new area, which object oriented design would you use? Which objects and interfaces do you design to describe and simulate the system?   Answer Question
  • Solve this algorithm: find the longest common sequence among 2 string (e.g "EDfghjuy B", "dsicbw B d-oi" -> " B")   View Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at a2z in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was apply for the software engineer level 1. I cought the email of recuiter to set up technical interview. In 3 weeks, we have 3 phone interviews.

The first two phone interview went just as other people's review in Glassdoor, past experience and a little bit programing tests. like find the frequenct of words in a given texture file.

These two interview went really well and I was waiting for the onsite interview. But one week later, the recuiter email me that they would like to move my application to a higher position - "software engineer 2 in test". I guess the level 1 position has already been filled by other guy. The new position require more experience and I failed in the third interview. No programing question but past experice in management. ..

Software Engineer Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at a2z in March 2011.

Interview Details – 1st Phone Interview: Series of simple 15 question -overriding,overloading, dom,xmlhttprequest

2nd interview: What kind of data structure to use during a scenario

Interview Question – Best data structure to scan two tables and eliminate duplicates   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at a2z in January 2011.

Interview Details – They called me 2 days after submitting the resume in the Amazon Website to check my background. They set an interview on the phone for the day after. They asked me a lot of questions about previous projects and the reasons why I wanted to work there. Then the lady spent 30 minutes asking me a lot of Java questions and previous experience with threads (they were REALLY interested in multithreading and application performance). I received an email 2 days after saying they wouldn't consider my application.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between HashMap and HashTable in Java and wich one would you use when programming a network application.   View Answer
  • What is a delegate in Java.   View Answers (2)
  • Explain with details how a HasMap works and put some examples.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at a2z in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online for New Graduate Position and was contacted by HR to set up an in person interview. Was interviewed by 2 one Development Lead and the second was a Sr. SE. They asked me some basic questions based on OOP and Java. Then was asked to write a two programs through the shared screen. And i was asked questions on my approach.

1. OOP concepts,
2. OS concepts
3. Power Function Program.
4. Distance formula Program

Interview Question – Nothing Difficult mostly basics...   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for a2z? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at a2z interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by a2z employees and interview candidates.