a2z Interview Questions

3.3

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at a2z (Columbia, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

a2z Inc. left me an initial impression of a company that takes care of its employees and the employees seem to love being there. However, my personal experience as someone who just put himself through 4 years of college education and is now in one of the most demoralizing situations a person can find oneself - job hunting, has been a complete opposite of that image. In fact, a2z Inc., to me, now represents everything that is wrong with corporate hiring practices in America.

After the initial phone interview I was scheduled to appear in person at their location in Columbia, MD. This was rescheduled the day before the actual interview (not by phone call, but by email, less than 24 hours before the actual interview was supposed to happen). One week later I was finally able to sit down, take the general aptitude test and talk to the HR and several other employees there. Although the employees that work there seem nice and contempt with their jobs there, the actual interview was just another uninspiring, bland series of questions that make you want to start questioning your own life and the future that it's heading toward. The company's atmosphere, however, seemed nice and had a feeling of a close-knit, caring community within it. At the time, I truly believed that I could make a positive addition to the company. I thanked for their time and was promised an answer within a week. In addition, I emailed the same day and thanked the HR and my initial person of contact for taking the time. One week goes by, I hear nothing. I email the HR asking whether they're still considering me for the position. I hear nothing. Another week goes by, I hear nothing. No "thanks for your time, but we've hired someone else", no "thanks for your time, but we've decide not to hire anyone at the moment". Nothing. In fact, the original ad for the position is still up on their website, 2 months after I interviewed. Not bad for a company that is supposed to be one of the "Top Work Places 2014". At the end, however, I have to thank a2z, Inc. for making me realize that I any company that treats potential new hires like that is a company I definitely do not want to work for.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. It was a textbook "How to Interview a New Employee" questions. Bland, uninspiring and boring.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at a2z (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone interview went great. Went for a 1:1 interview with 4 different people. Was told 3 days later that they wouldn't hire me. No reason given. Just a weird feeling about that company now...

I've been a software developer for many years...and doing much more complex software... may be they couldn't afford me... but they never let know what they didn't like. Was not completely a wast of time, but pretty close.

Interview Questions

• Given 2 lists of numbers (A, B), write a program that will return 3 lists. One that has the number common of the 2 lists, one that has the one in A only and one that is in B only.   3 Answers

Senior Manager QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at a2z (Irvine, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Sr. Dev Manager contacted me with an unsolicited request to interview for a Sr. QA role at their A2Z facility in Irvine. He proceeded to pull me along for a couple of weeks and then was a no-show for our interview call. I passed on any further discussion. Extremely unprofessional group!

Some Sort of QA Or Developer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at a2z (San Francisco, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Had 3 sessions of phone interview. Questions were no that hard, both interviews had ended in a type_something website. Last one I had to solve a problem by writing a function (word sorting).

On site interview went great, and I was told to get a feedback withing ONE day, lol, yeah I know...It never happened :). Got a call a week later saying that they are passing.

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at a2z (San Francisco, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Questions are not very difficult but requires comprehensive description.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of design process do you take?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Mobile Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at a2z (Orange, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Me and the HR people arranged a phone interview. I was the called by a Software engineer. The phone screen lasted 1 hour. The engineer was very polite and clear in explaining what he asked. During the interview I had to type solutions on typewith.me. The link to typewith.me had been sent to me via email right at the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Suppose we want to simulate traffic over a new area, which object oriented design would you use? Which objects and interfaces do you design to describe and simulate the system?   Answer Question
    • Solve this algorithm: find the longest common sequence among 2 string (e.g "EDfghjuy B", "dsicbw B d-oi" -> " B")   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at a2z (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I was apply for the software engineer level 1. I cought the email of recuiter to set up technical interview. In 3 weeks, we have 3 phone interviews.

The first two phone interview went just as other people's review in Glassdoor, past experience and a little bit programing tests. like find the frequenct of words in a given texture file.

These two interview went really well and I was waiting for the onsite interview. But one week later, the recuiter email me that they would like to move my application to a higher position - "software engineer 2 in test". I guess the level 1 position has already been filled by other guy. The new position require more experience and I failed in the third interview. No programing question but past experice in management. ..

Interview Questions

• find the frequence of words in a given file   3 Answers
    • find the first two words which happen most in the given file   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at a2z (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

1st Phone Interview: Series of simple 15 question -overriding,overloading, dom,xmlhttprequest

2nd interview: What kind of data structure to use during a scenario

Interview Questions

• Best data structure to scan two tables and eliminate duplicates   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at a2z (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

They called me 2 days after submitting the resume in the Amazon Website to check my background. They set an interview on the phone for the day after. They asked me a lot of questions about previous projects and the reasons why I wanted to work there. Then the lady spent 30 minutes asking me a lot of Java questions and previous experience with threads (they were REALLY interested in multithreading and application performance). I received an email 2 days after saying they wouldn't consider my application.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between HashMap and HashTable in Java and wich one would you use when programming a network application.   1 Answer
    • What is a delegate in Java.   2 Answers
    • Explain with details how a HasMap works and put some examples.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at a2z in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online for New Graduate Position and was contacted by HR to set up an in person interview. Was interviewed by 2 one Development Lead and the second was a Sr. SE. They asked me some basic questions based on OOP and Java. Then was asked to write a two programs through the shared screen. And i was asked questions on my approach.

1. OOP concepts,
    2. OS concepts
    3. Power Function Program.
    4. Distance formula Program

Interview Questions

• Nothing Difficult mostly basics...   1 Answer