adMarketplace

adMarketplace Account Manager Interview Questions

4.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at adMarketplace in September 2012.

Definitely the most bizarre interview process I've ever experienced. First, it took around 4-5 weeks to set up an in person interview. Started very swiftly with a phone call and online IQ test that took around 2-3 hours. (waste of time) The next part of the interview process consisted of HR calling and leaving a message about a potential interview then would ignore emails about scheduling a phone call. I finally got through on the phone, then held for about 10 minutes then scheduled an interview. Arrived at the interview on time. Waited about 15 minutes for HR to retrieve me. They both greeted me with a frown and a look of "you are already wasting our time." The first interview, which consisted of two HR reps that had both been at the company less than 4 months with unpleasant. Both of them spoke to me as if I was below the company and ridiculed my background. They both then left for about 15 minutes and next two managers came in. Both shook my hand with a frown and acting very uptight. Initially they discussed my background and looked at it with disgusted looks on their faces. They asked me a logic problem question that wasn't explained properly explained that they later revised their wording. Next, they asked me a question about a more open logic problem which was much easier to comprehend. After those two left, I waited another 10-15 mins alone in the room. Then the HR rep came back and thankfully dismissed me. It was more of an interrogation than an interview.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you like client interaction at Admarketplace?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for adMarketplace

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at adMarketplace in August 2012.

Completed a phone interview, and online assessment. Was brought in and met with two HR people and one Director. HR was friendly, laid-back and welcoming. The Director was aloof and didn't warm up to me at all. He asked some perfunctory questions... tell me about yourself.. why do you want to work here, etc. He let me ask some questions and then ended the interview abruptly. I got the sense that it was a bad fit immediately. Also- the "consulting" type questions are superfluous hamster-wheel exercises for a very rote position that seems like it would not require any type of creative or abstract thinking whatsoever. Please do not model your interview process after McKinsey- it is embarrassing for everyone involved.

Interview Questions
    • How many cups of coffee are consumed in New York on a Monday morning?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at adMarketplace in October 2011.

Absolutely the worst interview process I've ever had. It started normal. I found a job posting on line, emailed my cover letter and resume and was contacted by the HR contact within a day or so. This led to a phone call which went fine. The next step was an online skills test along with one of those rather silly personality tests. After that came the in-office interviews and this is where things got really weird.

I first meet with one gentleman. We talk for about 10-15 minutes and everything is going smoothly. Then he asks me a problem solving question. As I was not allowed to consult the internet he acknowledged that there was no way I could get the right answer. He just wanted me to talk it out so he could follow my problem solving skills.

Next individual was essentially the same though he asked a different question.

The third individual was the last person I had the opportunity to speak with. She ended up asking me two questions, both of which pretty much stumped me. After about 10 minutes she says that she has a meeting and will connect with me later or the next person I speak with will have the answer. With that she gets up and leaves.

So I'm sitting in the room for about 15-20 minutes when another guy walks in. I could tell from his demeanor that he was a big fish in this rather tiny pool so I gave him my attention. All he says upon walking in is "Hi." No name. No card. No handshake. He looks at the board (the previous woman had actually had to write this problem out on the dry erase board) and says "Oh, I know the answer to this one" and proceeds to sit down, pretty much facing away from me and diddling with his Blackberry.

At this point I'm starting to think that this was all really some sort of psychology experiement and people are watching me through the video conf camera.

After 5 minutes of complete silence he gets up and announces that he has a meeting to go to. Again, no handshake, no card, just "poof".

So now I'm sitting there another 15-20 minutes when the HR contact finally comes in and, hoping I am done, I let her know that I just cannot figure out the problem. She asks me where the problem is and I explain to her that I'm continually reducing the previous sum by half which means I'll never get to zero.

She looks at my work and says "Figure out another way to solve it. I'll be back in 15 minutes." and walks out the room.

At this point I'm starting to hear the Twilight Zone lead-in. I'm convinced that the entire office is in the other conference room laughing theirs butts off at my expense.

Finally my HR contact comes back and I simply tell her that I just can't solve it. With that she says "Thanks. Let me show you out."

Too shocked to do anything I get up, follow her out the door and shake her hand in the lobby. No "We'll contact you soon."

I spent over three hours there, had all the experience they wanted and got along with everyone but because of one obscure math question I got passed over. Utterly disgusting.

Interview Questions
    • How many minivans are on the road today.   View Answer
    • What is the sum of the first 100 odd numbers.   View Answer
    • You have 8 coins. One is slightly heavier than the other 7. You have a scale. It costs $100 each time you use the scale. If you identify the heaviest coin you will get $250.   View Answers (3)
    • The distance between LA and NY is 3,000 miles. A train leaves LA and heads for NY at 100 mph. At the same time a bird leaves LA and heads to NY traveling at 300 mph. When the bird reaches NY it will turn around and head back to the train. Upon reaching the train the bird will turn around and head back to NY. This will repeat continuously until both the bird and the train are in NY.   View Answers (3)