adidas Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014
Updated Sep 7, 2014

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at adidas Group in September 2014.

I applied for Adidas back in early July and received an email for a group interview in August. Two weeks later, I get to the interview to see about thirty to forty other people there. It wasn't a group interview. They put us on the floor individually with a worker who pretended to be a customer. If we scored good with the worker, we got the job. Luckily, I scored very well and got the job. The General manager is very nice and playful and the whole environment is relaxing.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiations regarding pay. He told us we would start with $8.50 which is fine with me.

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at adidas Group.

I applied for the job online and received a link to interview by video. I was then called a week later by HR who was really impressed and set up a meeting for me and my immediate manager. I talked to them on a Tuesday and had the job by Wednesday!!!!!

Interview Questions
    can't negotiate as an intern

Team Lead Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at adidas Group.

Internal candidates have a couple practice interviews otherwise the interviews consist of the store manager giving an interview, then you are passed up to the area manager, and it finishes it with the regional manager. They are all phone interviews except for the one with the store manager which is a face-to-face interview.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Applied online and called the store to follow up. Received an invitation to interview. Participated in a single interview with one person and was offered a position on the spot

No negotiation

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spartanburg, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at adidas Group in May 2014.

Applied via Personnel Solutions, provided drug screen, sent to work that evening. Personnel at Personnel Solutions were helpful, not hired at permanent employee. Still seeking employment at Adidas Group. I am hopeful a job will become available.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at adidas Group.

The interview process was very long. For a Store Manager position I had to interview with a recruiting specialist, then the head of recruiting, then the area manager for the area I was interviewing in, then an additional 2 area managers from other areas, and finally the head of adidas NAM, NIc Vu. It was long but each person gave me valuable feedback at the end of each interview. I enjoyed the feedback because so many times we leave interviews wondering how it went. Each individual told you how it went, saying they would give feedback to the recruiting department.

Interview Questions
    • So, if we were out to dinner or at a bar, and just met, what would you tell me about yourself?   View Answer
    You are able to negotiate, but there is not much wiggle room. I negotiated for more salary, less sign on bonus. but is was only wiggle a thousand dollars either direction.

Senior IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at adidas Group.

Was contacted by the recruiter, I didn't apply for the job, as I work for a competitor in a similar role. After initial conversation I heard nothing for a few weeks, even though I continued to follow up proactively with the recruiter. In the third week, the recruiter claimed that she spoke to the hiring manager and needed more detail about my history and how it applied to the role. We spoke about the opportunity, what it would entail and why they were looking to fill the position. At her request, I wrote a summary of my experience and employment history tailored to this position and submitted to her a custom resume highlighting my successes and history also as related to this position, rather than the one she had found online. A week later I was emailed by a second recruiter that indicated that the hiring manager had reviewed my information and would like to schedule a phone interview. The email indicated that I would be contacted by phone or email by a third recruiter to set up the meeting. The following day I received a voice mail from the third recruiter to set up the phone interview. I ended up calling back three times, leaving messages each time, before we finally connected. That call lasted a few moments and a 30 minute interview was set for the following day. She indicated that I would be contacted on the number provided and I would receive a meeting invitation by the end of the current business day to confirm. I did not receive an invite by EOD, and after a few hours into the evening I sent a follow up email to confirm and received no reply.

On the day of the phone interview with the hiring manager I still had not received the invitation or any confirmation, so I again sent a message to the third recruiter to confirm and was not contacted back. When the agreed upon time of the interview came and passed I began to wonder if the interview was scheduled at all in consideration of the lack of confirmation. I would wait the entire 30 minute window prior to emailing her again. I was finally called about ten minutes into the 30 minute interview; there was no apology or professional courtesy as to the late start but rather an exasperated comment about back to back meetings all day.

What followed was a very uncomfortable 20 minutes of unorganized discussion. The hiring manager provided no lead in, no introduction and no pleasantries, just 'Tell me why your a fit for this job." I proceeded with my elevator pitch and continued on with a bit of depth behind each of the pitch's points. When he finally spoke again he told me that he was too busy to have read my resume prior to the call and I should continue to explain myself while he read it. After a few minutes I provided a natural pause for him to get involved in the conversation and was met with some very critical comments about the resume I didn't provide them. I explained that he was looking at the incorrect document, to which he began by arguing that I was wrong, than some excuses were mumbled and he finally came up with the correct one.

The final few minutes of his 'interview' of me can only be described as, perhaps slightly hostile, but definitely curt. When I inquired how his line of questioning lined up against the positions title and the job description I was told that they were inaccurate, that what I was told by the recruiter was only about 10% of the positions actual duties and he was looking for something else, blaming HR for 'doing whatever they want'. I can confidently say I felt that was true. At the end I took the opportunity to ask questions about him, his team, how he engages, why the position was open and what to expect. I was again met with one word and curt answers with a series of uncomfortable silences in between culminating with a comment about how disappointed he was that I didn't have a depth of skills that he was seeking - specifically the ones that were not on the job req.

This was one of the worst phone interviews I have ever had. The lack of preparation makes me believe they didn't care and were obviously not investing in the call or the position. The lack of interview skills, or just general good personnel management skills, lead me to believe that there is an esprit de corps and leadership problem on the team, perhaps why the position is open to begin with. The lack of professionalism and how the interview was handled makes me confident that I don't want to work for that person.

I do not know if I will be contacted for a follow up but with the tenor of the call, I am inclined to believe I will not be. Regardless, I have lost interest in the position, and perhaps employment as Adidas Group as a whole. For being sought and asked to apply, I did not feel welcomed or encouraged at all. If I am extended the invitation for a follow up interview I will decline as I am dissuaded by the notion of a weak/poor manager and being surprised by responsibilities that were not on the job req.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions but there was certainly a difficult air of communication. The call was uncomfortable and difficult, not the topics.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at adidas Group in March 2013.

I applied online and was contacted within a week. After that I interviewed with a robot where I was asked to answer 3 or 4 simple entry-level questions. I made it to a skype interview that lasted about 10 minutes with only 4 questions. Simple process overall, very comfortable interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pottstown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pottstown, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at adidas Group in December 2012.

The interview process was great. We placed the application and actually did a group session. The manager chose from our team work ethic who would go on to the next interview.

Interview Questions
    • If someone in the store was struggling with a customer what would you do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at adidas Group.

Applied online and was called in for an interview about 4-5 days later. It was a group interview, and was asked the general retail/ customer service questions. It helps to have a knowledge of the brand, and of sports. The HR manager asked us questions for about 10 minutes, then the store manager came in, and familiarized us with his style of management, and what he expects as an employer. When the interview was over, we were told that those hired would be notified by the end of the day.

Interview Questions
    • Name a positive experience you had working with a team? What are the benefits of working on a team, and what role in the team did you play?   Answer Question

Worked for adidas Group? Contribute to the Community!