adidas Group

103 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at adidas Group.

Interview Details – Internal candidates have a couple practice interviews otherwise the interviews consist of the store manager giving an interview, then you are passed up to the area manager, and it finishes it with the regional manager. They are all phone interviews except for the one with the store manager which is a face-to-face interview.

Interview Question – How do people see you as a role model?   Answer Question

Interviewed at adidas Group

Interview Details – Applied online and called the store to follow up. Received an invitation to interview. Participated in a single interview with one person and was offered a position on the spot

Interview Question – Status quo behavioral interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Warehouse Associate Interview

Warehouse Associate
Spartanburg, SC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at adidas Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied via Personnel Solutions, provided drug screen, sent to work that evening. Personnel at Personnel Solutions were helpful, not hired at permanent employee. Still seeking employment at Adidas Group. I am hopeful a job will become available.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at adidas Group.

Interview Details – The interview process was very long. For a Store Manager position I had to interview with a recruiting specialist, then the head of recruiting, then the area manager for the area I was interviewing in, then an additional 2 area managers from other areas, and finally the head of adidas NAM, NIc Vu. It was long but each person gave me valuable feedback at the end of each interview. I enjoyed the feedback because so many times we leave interviews wondering how it went. Each individual told you how it went, saying they would give feedback to the recruiting department.

Interview Question – So, if we were out to dinner or at a bar, and just met, what would you tell me about yourself?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You are able to negotiate, but there is not much wiggle room. I negotiated for more salary, less sign on bonus. but is was only wiggle a thousand dollars either direction.

Senior IT Manager Interview

Senior IT Manager
Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at adidas Group.

Interview Details – Was contacted by the recruiter, I didn't apply for the job, as I work for a competitor in a similar role. After initial conversation I heard nothing for a few weeks, even though I continued to follow up proactively with the recruiter. In the third week, the recruiter claimed that she spoke to the hiring manager and needed more detail about my history and how it applied to the role. We spoke about the opportunity, what it would entail and why they were looking to fill the position. At her request, I wrote a summary of my experience and employment history tailored to this position and submitted to her a custom resume highlighting my successes and history also as related to this position, rather than the one she had found online. A week later I was emailed by a second recruiter that indicated that the hiring manager had reviewed my information and would like to schedule a phone interview. The email indicated that I would be contacted by phone or email by a third recruiter to set up the meeting. The following day I received a voice mail from the third recruiter to set up the phone interview. I ended up calling back three times, leaving messages each time, before we finally connected. That call lasted a few moments and a 30 minute interview was set for the following day. She indicated that I would be contacted on the number provided and I would receive a meeting invitation by the end of the current business day to confirm. I did not receive an invite by EOD, and after a few hours into the evening I sent a follow up email to confirm and received no reply.

On the day of the phone interview with the hiring manager I still had not received the invitation or any confirmation, so I again sent a message to the third recruiter to confirm and was not contacted back. When the agreed upon time of the interview came and passed I began to wonder if the interview was scheduled at all in consideration of the lack of confirmation. I would wait the entire 30 minute window prior to emailing her again. I was finally called about ten minutes into the 30 minute interview; there was no apology or professional courtesy as to the late start but rather an exasperated comment about back to back meetings all day.

What followed was a very uncomfortable 20 minutes of unorganized discussion. The hiring manager provided no lead in, no introduction and no pleasantries, just 'Tell me why your a fit for this job." I proceeded with my elevator pitch and continued on with a bit of depth behind each of the pitch's points. When he finally spoke again he told me that he was too busy to have read my resume prior to the call and I should continue to explain myself while he read it. After a few minutes I provided a natural pause for him to get involved in the conversation and was met with some very critical comments about the resume I didn't provide them. I explained that he was looking at the incorrect document, to which he began by arguing that I was wrong, than some excuses were mumbled and he finally came up with the correct one.

The final few minutes of his 'interview' of me can only be described as, perhaps slightly hostile, but definitely curt. When I inquired how his line of questioning lined up against the positions title and the job description I was told that they were inaccurate, that what I was told by the recruiter was only about 10% of the positions actual duties and he was looking for something else, blaming HR for 'doing whatever they want'. I can confidently say I felt that was true. At the end I took the opportunity to ask questions about him, his team, how he engages, why the position was open and what to expect. I was again met with one word and curt answers with a series of uncomfortable silences in between culminating with a comment about how disappointed he was that I didn't have a depth of skills that he was seeking - specifically the ones that were not on the job req.

This was one of the worst phone interviews I have ever had. The lack of preparation makes me believe they didn't care and were obviously not investing in the call or the position. The lack of interview skills, or just general good personnel management skills, lead me to believe that there is an esprit de corps and leadership problem on the team, perhaps why the position is open to begin with. The lack of professionalism and how the interview was handled makes me confident that I don't want to work for that person.

I do not know if I will be contacted for a follow up but with the tenor of the call, I am inclined to believe I will not be. Regardless, I have lost interest in the position, and perhaps employment as Adidas Group as a whole. For being sought and asked to apply, I did not feel welcomed or encouraged at all. If I am extended the invitation for a follow up interview I will decline as I am dissuaded by the notion of a weak/poor manager and being surprised by responsibilities that were not on the job req.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions but there was certainly a difficult air of communication. The call was uncomfortable and difficult, not the topics.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at adidas Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted within a week. After that I interviewed with a robot where I was asked to answer 3 or 4 simple entry-level questions. I made it to a skype interview that lasted about 10 minutes with only 4 questions. Simple process overall, very comfortable interviewers.

Interview Question – What do you know about t-shirts?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Pottstown, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at adidas Group in December 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was great. We placed the application and actually did a group session. The manager chose from our team work ethic who would go on to the next interview.

Interview Question – If someone in the store was struggling with a customer what would you do?   View Answer

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at adidas Group.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called in for an interview about 4-5 days later. It was a group interview, and was asked the general retail/ customer service questions. It helps to have a knowledge of the brand, and of sports. The HR manager asked us questions for about 10 minutes, then the store manager came in, and familiarized us with his style of management, and what he expects as an employer. When the interview was over, we were told that those hired would be notified by the end of the day.

Interview Question – Name a positive experience you had working with a team? What are the benefits of working on a team, and what role in the team did you play?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at adidas Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – walked in an applied on a wednesday got called in for an interview friday, had a second interview the following monday with the general manager asked simple questions, mostly stressing how do you deal with working in a team environment and how do you handle being around celebrities, also there is a rookie camp you must go through where you learn about the adidas company as well as the nba.

Interview Question – what does working in a team environment mean to you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I started off at 11.00 i was happy

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Elizabeth, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at adidas Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – I loved working at Adidas and if i had the choice i'll do it again, the only reason im not working there i was seasonal and got laid off but it a good place to work at.

Interview Question – Hate the fact you get a lot of tourist and sometime you dont understand wht there saying   Answer Question

Worked for adidas Group? Contribute to the Community!