adidas Group Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at adidas Group in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for Adidas back in early July and received an email for a group interview in August. Two weeks later, I get to the interview to see about thirty to forty other people there. It wasn't a group interview. They put us on the floor individually with a worker who pretended to be a customer. If we scored good with the worker, we got the job. Luckily, I scored very well and got the job. The General manager is very nice and playful and the whole environment is relaxing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiations regarding pay. He told us we would start with $8.50 which is fine with me.

Other Interview Reviews for adidas Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at adidas Group (Leesburg, VA).

Interview

I had one interview in person, and it was interesting to get a look at the actual site that I would be working at.

Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at adidas Group (Camarillo, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I was sent an email a week after applying. They told me to bring my social security and ID with me implying that they were going to hire people on the spot. It was a group interview with 6 other people. There were 2 interviewers that arrived late, and clearly had no clue what they were doing. They blankly looked at each other and asked what they should ask us. It was extremely un-professional and disappointing to sit there and listen to them. After being puzzled for 5 minutes and staring at us they walked to the front to go find a question are to ask us. After that they only asked two questions. "do you have any retail experience" and "can you work a cash register"? That was literally the end of the interview. There was a lady with 13 years retail experience that they denied, as well as an AT&T sales Associate. They actually chose the most inexperienced workers. It was a mess, and disappointing to say the least. They said that you start with a minimum number of hours and work your way up based on your performance. After the two questions, they chose 4 out of the 7 people and hired them on the spot, asking me and two others to leave. Apparently the answers did not really matter to them. I studied hard on the questions that i would answer, especially about sports but they were never answered. I most likely would have declined the offer due to the interview even if they did say yes! They hired employees that were clearly uneducated in sports.

Interview Questions

• I was ready to answer questions about sports and what i love about them, but they asked nothing of the sort and were completely un-prepared only asking 2 basic questions about retail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at adidas Group (Lawrenceville, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

You must first create an account and then apply online. Ten days after i sent in my application i received a text message asking if i would like an interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were in my position what would you say to convince yourself to hire yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations of salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tannersville, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at adidas Group (Tannersville, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Quick to respond for interview and the interview was easy and quick

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at adidas Group (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

walked in an applied on a wednesday got called in for an interview friday, had a second interview the following monday with the general manager asked simple questions, mostly stressing how do you deal with working in a team environment and how do you handle being around celebrities, also there is a rookie camp you must go through where you learn about the adidas company as well as the nba.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I started off at 11.00 i was happy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at adidas Group (Honolulu, HI) in October 2012.

Interview

Most correspondence done via e-mail. One on site group interview was all it took.

Interview Questions

• Acted out situations with others to perform situation and how we would deal with them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at adidas Group (Elizabeth, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

I loved working at Adidas and if i had the choice i'll do it again, the only reason im not working there i was seasonal and got laid off but it a good place to work at.

Interview Questions

• Hate the fact you get a lot of tourist and sometime you dont understand wht there saying   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at adidas Group (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

One phone call interview, very easy. After that a one on one interview was scheduled. The questions were pretty straight forward.since this was the NBA store it helps to know a lot about basketball. Some of the questions involved answering who your favorite team is and what sports do you play

Interview Questions

Decent salary but another job offered me more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at adidas Group (Orlando, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

two interviews, both are sports-based conversations, both can be group interviews. Was made to wait 20 - 30 minutes past the scheduled interview time both times.

Keep in mind, many young people apply for these kinds of jobs so the interview process is set up to accommodate the mentality of teenagers and young adults.

Interview Questions

• none, as long as you know about current sports topics and how to behave responsively and efficiently at work (good work ethics) then you're all set.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there wasn't a negotiation able to be made because the hourly rate wasn't told to me until after training already began.