algorithm Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

666 Interview Questions: 3140 of 666 Sort by

Jul 15, 2014

Interview Question for SEO Account Manager at Elite SEM:

“What's the biggest misconception people have about you when they first meet you?”

Jul 15, 2014

Interview Question for Junior Developer at FINRA:

“How would you implement addition of large integers with carrying between multiple parallel processors?”

Interview Question for Software Engineer at Yahoo:

“Questions were typical coding questions, i.e. shuffle cards, merge sort using files, traversing trees, C++ related questions. One of the interviewers (probably non-technical) asked me a physics brain…”

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer at Green Hills Software:

“The final programming test was an extremely hard problem with NP complexity. I will not give details here because they obviously want that to be a surprise when you take the test.”

Interview Question for Quality Engineer at One Kings Lane:

“I was asked 2 sql queries to solve.
Q1. Given a Employee table that contains DOB, how will I determine the employees who are 30 years or more old.
Q2. It was fairly easy. Something related to…”

Jul 11, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer II at Amazon Lab126:

“Is there a situation in your career with your colleagues that you would like to fix (if given the chance)? What is your greatest achievement? Some think big questions. How would you solve the Netflix…”

Jul 10, 2014

Interview Question for Software QA Engineer at AppFolio:

“if there were 15 horses, and if you could race 3 at a time. Whats the minimum number of races that is required to determine the top three horses. He then asked me to generalize this problem for any…”

Interview Question for Senior Software Engineer at Yahoo:

“Given a binary min heap, insert a new member.”

Interview Question for Senior Software Developer at Ab Initio:

“We discussed their products and talked about their potential needs and how I would solve the problem. In general I work better with well-defined problem, in this session I frequently found myself…”

Interview Question for Software Engineer at Google:

“Given a array of numbers, output the array like this: a1 <= a2 >= a3 <= a4 >= a5...”