alliantgroup, LP Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.5

Project Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP.

Interviewed with the HR director. She asked the typical background questions about education and experience background as well as some general tax and consulting questions. There was a short written test where a company wanted advice about a business and tax issue. I had to write and describe the advice I would give to the company. Afterwards she answered some of my questions about the job and company. She made it very clear that long hours were expected. I got a call back for a second interview but declined because I received an offer from another company.

Interview Questions
    • can you work from 7:30-6:00 each day and more during tax season?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP in March 2015.

I was contacted fairly soon after submitting an online application. A web video conference was scheduled and performed. The recruiter asked one or two questions but encouraged me to primarily ask any that I had. The recruiter was open to inform that deadlines are firm and that long hours may be required. When asked about investment / priority of professional development, the response was "oh yes, we definitely would train [you] to perform the job". There were few questions asked that were of an expected nature.

Project Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP in February 2015.

Heads up, age matters. I was asked twice about what year I graduated college. The first time was when I was being prescreened by the recruiter over the phone and the second time was during my interview with one of the directors. Also, couldn't help but notice all the staff (excluding directors) looked like they were about 25-30 years old.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions: why do you want to work here? What are your strengths/weaknesses? Then went over resume.   Answer Question

The company seems superficial. Everyone seemed fake like they were prepped and brainwashed with what to say about the company. Almost cult-ish. You'll also be working 8-7 without any overtime.

QC Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP in January 2015.

I was contacted by a recruiter who explained that the job not only paid well, but would also nearly guarantee significant pay raises within 90 days. After two conversations with the recruiter, I met with the Associate Director of Talent Acquisition via Webex. This conversation was a typical first-round discussion -- she was able to answer difficult questions about the company's reputation. She said she appreciated the frankness of the questions, but told the recruiter that she interpreted the questions as a sign that I was not "excited" about the position.

Finally, I met a Senior Managing Director and Senior Director for an in-person interview. The recruiter prepared me for the interview by strongly encouraging me to compliment the building. The conversation started out well, but took a turn for the worse when I asked about "work-life balance." The chief interviewer became visibly agitated by the question and said that he was not going to make excuses for hard work. He preferred to describe the issue as a "work-life integration" and said he would not be working for AlliantGroup if the integration wasn't workable. This was not a helpful answer, but I believe he did not intend it to be helpful because he was offended that I would ask about the issue in the first place. I have the impression this is a very touchy topic for this organization.

One last note: when I asked him to tell me a bit about the employees who were working within view, he discussed only to male employees. It wasn't until the second interviewer intervened that he was able to tell me about a female employee. And the second interviewer, a woman, was not encouraged in any way to ask questions during the interview. It was uncomfortable.

When the interviewers left the room, they said someone would be by to talk about next steps, but that did not happen. I was shown the door and within a few minutes I received a call from the recruiter telling me they had "passed" on hiring. The feedback was that I was "too cautious" during the interview and focused too much on learning about the company rather than "selling" myself. I was also "not competitive enough." The entire process from first call to finish took just more than a week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your work history.
      Why do you want to work here?
      Are you a competitive person?
      What do you dislike about your current job?
      Describe how you deal with difficult people.
      What are your strengths and weaknesses at work?

Answer Question

Accounting/Finance Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP in January 2015.

First I interviewed with two of the leads in the department and then I was asked to come back for a second interview with management. Very very easy. The next day, after the second interview I was offered the position. I decided to do some research on my own because I felt it was almost too good to be true. Come to find out I went through tons & tons of bad reviews on this company and it all made sense. I remember reading one review stating that the only good reviews you will probably find about this company is that of the employees that are still working there; only because they probably got promoted and when that happens they are required to put a "good" review up about the company. I found that somewhat true as I began to read all of the "good" reviews and 98% came from employees that are still employed there with no cons... I am sorry but every job has it's cons. I am not the type to go by what others say but I had a gut feeling about this one. Everything was way too easy. Better be safe than sorry. Good luck to those that are still pursuing this company & thank you to those who kept me from pursuing :)

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What do you like and dislike about your current job?
      What do you know about the company?
      Are you good at multitasking?
      How do you deal with difficult people?
      Are you a team player or do you work better alone?

Really easy elementary questions.

View Answer

Please do your research about this company and you would know exactly why I declined the offer. It does not hurt to go to the interview and see it for yourself. Please observe everything carefully. Don't let the nice building & views distract you. It's a beautiful building from the outside but I believe its complete hell on the inside. If you are second guessing it then don't do it.

LL M Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP in January 2015.

There is an initial phone screening. Next, there is another phone call to schedule a Skype interview. After that, there is a follow up in-person or phone interview with a manager.

They then forgot completely about getting back to me, so I call in about a week later, only to not be able to reach anyone. By coincidence I get a form rejection letter with zero explanation as to why they waited so long, which was very inconsiderate and short-sited.

MBA Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP.

I applied online for this position and was called back immediately the same day. The interview was scheduled for the following day and at the end of the interview I was basically offered the job "if I thought it was a good fit." Some of the things which were concerning for me was the way the interviewer kept asking me if I liked long hours and when I asked how alliantgroup viewed work life balance, she responded with "we don't call it work life balance here, we call it work life integration." With that response and the other negative reviews I have heard about excessive hours and sheep to the slaughter, I decided to look elsewhere for employment.

Interview Questions

Too many bad reviews and it does feel like they hire just about anyone with a degree that is willing to work their butt off for little pay.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP in November 2014.

First interview was good, their recruiter is really nice. She actually tries to get to know the candidate by asking questions and letting you explain.
    Second interview is where you meet the management. The moment they stepped into the room.. It was on their face that they were just killing time and their decision was made before stepping into the room. Instead of trying to see my capability to perform the job, they made me ask questions about the company and they kept giving the same answers even though my questions were about something else. They had this bored/unhappy look during the whole interview which made me very uncomfortable.
    Too bad so sad they didn't see how I was dying to work there and was ready to give up my social life.

Interview Questions
    • First Interview:
      Tell us about yourself.
      Why alliantgroup?
      What did you do in your previous jobs?
      Other standart questions.
      Second Interview:
      Do you have any questions for us?

Answer Question

Legal Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at alliantgroup, LP in November 2014.

Received a phone call a few weeks after application unexpectedly. But it was a very pleasant experience and I had fantastic discourse with the interviewer. I was asked to come in for a face to face interview, which I will do in a few days. I was also told that I should research the employee reviews before coming in for the interview, which I found very interesting.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was "What is your biggest professional achievement to date?"   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP in September 2014.

Remember this, "Everything that glitters isn't gold!!!" If you're looking to jump through hoops with a pretentious, unrefined, slackened professionally corporation then this is it. I went through a tumultuous two week interview process with this company. I applied for several positions and received a call back in what seemed to be minutes after hitting submit. The recruiter was professional and eager to meet for an interview. The next day we met for over an hour and she painted this remarkable picture of this company. She was so impressed from our interview that she wanted me to meet with the manager that day, however it conflicted so we agreed on a later date. That same evening near 7p.m. I received an email from her asking to meet with him the following evening, 5 p.m. to be exact, I agreed even after seeing horrible reviews. The following afternoon I received a call from one of the coordinators asking to reschedule, and once again I agreed. There were several emails exchanged in the time frame of my first interview and "2nd" interview of how excited the manager was to speak with me, impressed and wanted to hear about my background, and in fact how she was going to move forward and send my things in for a background check. I promptly walked into the managers office to wait for our interview and was taken aback by the gallon of Crown Royal, Vodka, and Red Bull on his in office bar. In walked the manager and I stood to introduce myself and he immediately appeared cold. No small talk right to it and asked, "Why should I hire you?" Confidently I a replied and things went far south quick! Needless to say I was dismissed after a 2 minute spill of 'how I would be a better fit for another department' and kindly escorted out. I informed the recruiter of what took place, and they setup this "mock" interview just to save face. I am still shocked that after this circus of a process, the recruiter still ask if I would be interested in future opportunities.