alliantgroup, LP Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with the HR director. She asked the typical background questions about education and experience background as well as some general tax and consulting questions. There was a short written test where a company wanted advice about a business and tax issue. I had to write and describe the advice I would give to the company. Afterwards she answered some of my questions about the job and company. She made it very clear that long hours were expected. I got a call back for a second interview but declined because I received an offer from another company.

Interview Questions

• can you work from 7:30-6:00 each day and more during tax season?   Answer Question

Project Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at alliantgroup, LP.

Interview

I applied through Linked IN. The recruiter said she would call me the next day and talk to me. I waited for a week and never received any calls. I contacted her after a week and she said due to personal reasons she could not contact me and will call me back in a few hours. I waited again and nothing. 2 days later I got an email from her saying that they thought I don't fit their requirements and they are going ahead with other candidates. I don't understand what I did wrong.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted fairly soon after submitting an online application. A web video conference was scheduled and performed. The recruiter asked one or two questions but encouraged me to primarily ask any that I had. The recruiter was open to inform that deadlines are firm and that long hours may be required. When asked about investment / priority of professional development, the response was "oh yes, we definitely would train [you] to perform the job". There were few questions asked that were of an expected nature.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at alliantgroup, LP.

Interview

They are personal and do not hide any details. I did not think the interview process was hard but found that the job just was not for me. Most of the questions asked were common questions trying to learn more about your personality. Overall, I had a good experience with them but found another job that was a better fit for me.

Interview Questions

• What is something you would like to improve about yourself?   Answer Question

Project Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP.

Interview

The first interview process went great but it was a recruiter so they make the company look/sound good. Their job is not to interview you, it's more of getting you ready and what they want you to expect before going to a second interview.
    Second time round, I met with the Senior Director and a new HR who was shadowing the director (practice). Let's just say it was the most unprofessional interview I've ever experience. That being said, I made my decision within 3 minutes of the interview. I don't want to work with fake upper management and work like a dog.
    Thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your previous job?
      What's the culture of your previous job?
      What can you bring to this company with the (insert degree) you acquired?
      Why this position?
      What have you been doing to prepare for this job?

Answer Question

Project Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP in February 2015.

Interview

Very simple interview - straight forward and to the point. Recruiter discussed the details of the position for the majority of the time. Total interview process consisted of two rounds. Very friendly staff and beautiful office building. Management is very transparent about the job. Overall process was very convenient.

Project Associate Interview

Interview

The entire process probably took a little over a week. I sent in my resume and was contacted by a recruiter that was full of energy. She really made me excited about the entire process. We set up a video interview which was easy and painless. Pretty much she just had me ask questions about the position and company. After we talked she told me that she would like for me to come into the Houston office for an in person interview.

It was probably one of the most unorganized and unprofessional interviews I have ever been to. They wrote down the wrong day of my interview so I drove to their office for no reason. They were really nice about the confusion so I decided to reschedule for the next day at the same time. This time I double checked the time and date with the recruiter. After getting there a little early I waited in their lobby for 30 minutes until one of the HR team members came to see why I was there early (they had written down the wrong time again). After waiting about another half hour I was taken back to a private room where I had to wait about 45 minutes to 1 hour for my interviewer to come in.

She briefly had me describe my internships and asked me two questions after that (probably took a total of five minutes if that). The rest of the interview consisted of me asking questions. I felt like I was interviewing her. The woman kept looking out the door like she had to get somewhere. It seemed like she had already made up her mind about me before she met me. I felt so uncomfortable.

I was very disappointed to say the least. I really hope that this hasn't happened multiple times.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Heads up, age matters. I was asked twice about what year I graduated college. The first time was when I was being prescreened by the recruiter over the phone and the second time was during my interview with one of the directors. Also, couldn't help but notice all the staff (excluding directors) looked like they were about 25-30 years old.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions: why do you want to work here? What are your strengths/weaknesses? Then went over resume.   Answer Question

The company seems superficial. Everyone seemed fake like they were prepped and brainwashed with what to say about the company. Almost cult-ish. You'll also be working 8-7 without any overtime.

Accounting/Finance Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

First I interviewed with two of the leads in the department and then I was asked to come back for a second interview with management. Very very easy. The next day, after the second interview I was offered the position. I decided to do some research on my own because I felt it was almost too good to be true. Come to find out I went through tons & tons of bad reviews on this company and it all made sense. I remember reading one review stating that the only good reviews you will probably find about this company is that of the employees that are still working there; only because they probably got promoted and when that happens they are required to put a "good" review up about the company. I found that somewhat true as I began to read all of the "good" reviews and 98% came from employees that are still employed there with no cons... I am sorry but every job has it's cons. I am not the type to go by what others say but I had a gut feeling about this one. Everything was way too easy. Better be safe than sorry. Good luck to those that are still pursuing this company & thank you to those who kept me from pursuing :)

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What do you like and dislike about your current job?
      What do you know about the company?
      Are you good at multitasking?
      How do you deal with difficult people?
      Are you a team player or do you work better alone?

Really easy elementary questions.

1 Answer

Please do your research about this company and you would know exactly why I declined the offer. It does not hurt to go to the interview and see it for yourself. Please observe everything carefully. Don't let the nice building & views distract you. It's a beautiful building from the outside but I believe its complete hell on the inside. If you are second guessing it then don't do it.

QC Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who explained that the job not only paid well, but would also nearly guarantee significant pay raises within 90 days. After two conversations with the recruiter, I met with the Associate Director of Talent Acquisition via Webex. This conversation was a typical first-round discussion -- she was able to answer difficult questions about the company's reputation. She said she appreciated the frankness of the questions, but told the recruiter that she interpreted the questions as a sign that I was not "excited" about the position.

Finally, I met a Senior Managing Director and Senior Director for an in-person interview. The recruiter prepared me for the interview by strongly encouraging me to compliment the building. The conversation started out well, but took a turn for the worse when I asked about "work-life balance." The chief interviewer became visibly agitated by the question and said that he was not going to make excuses for hard work. He preferred to describe the issue as a "work-life integration" and said he would not be working for AlliantGroup if the integration wasn't workable. This was not a helpful answer, but I believe he did not intend it to be helpful because he was offended that I would ask about the issue in the first place. I have the impression this is a very touchy topic for this organization.

One last note: when I asked him to tell me a bit about the employees who were working within view, he discussed only to male employees. It wasn't until the second interviewer intervened that he was able to tell me about a female employee. And the second interviewer, a woman, was not encouraged in any way to ask questions during the interview. It was uncomfortable.

When the interviewers left the room, they said someone would be by to talk about next steps, but that did not happen. I was shown the door and within a few minutes I received a call from the recruiter telling me they had "passed" on hiring. The feedback was that I was "too cautious" during the interview and focused too much on learning about the company rather than "selling" myself. I was also "not competitive enough." The entire process from first call to finish took just more than a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history.
      Why do you want to work here?
      Are you a competitive person?
      What do you dislike about your current job?
      Describe how you deal with difficult people.
      What are your strengths and weaknesses at work?

Answer Question