alliantgroup, LP

55 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at alliantgroup, LP.

Interview Details – I was told the interview process would be quick and painless. The initial interview went well, the second was rushed. While I already had one foot out of the door because of the other reviews, I do not think I was given a chance.

Interview Question – What motivates you? What is your dream job?   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Data Entry

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at alliantgroup, LP.

Interview Details – The two people interviewing me looked dead. The woman who was there for 7 years literally told me that sometimes she doesn't think she can make it through the day but then there are some good days. The other guy only started working there 6 weeks prior. They barely asked me any questions. And kept asking me if I had questions and soon it became me interviewing them and I did not want to be a part of that company.

Interview Question – so why accounting? The staffing service I was using did not tell me it was an accounting job. I just thought it was a data entry position and I absolutely hate accounting, so I was caught off guard.   Answer Question

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Senior Graphic Designer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at alliantgroup, LP in March 2014.

Interview Details – Get called for a phone interview, get called again for a phone interview, then another phone interview, then an in person interview. HR person was very friendly, and we had a good meeting. I felt very satisfied with the company and a few people i had met in the elevator were very friendly. I had read very bad reviews online, so i was expecting more of a dungeon with dreary people. Was called back in for another interview with the main designer who kept stressing "its a meritocracy, no matter how long you have been here its a matter of who does the most/best work". I met the CMO, interview was great, but she had only been there two weeks and talked about how much the company needed to get someone in who actually knew design and marketing. Was given a background check, had to prove all sorts of information to the back ground check people, finally get the "You passed" letter from the background check people, and 1 hour later got an email saying "we have chosen not to proceed with your application." So I called and was told that basically I was too skilled for the position, regardless of the whole "meritocracy" speech i was given.

Interview Questions

• They want to make sure you are willing to lay down your life for the company. The oddest question was on the lines of "Lets say you had made plans to be at an important Black Tie Gala for a charity you support, and you found out you were needed to attend a late night meeting, what would you do". While I said that I believed in a healthy work/life balance, and I would have let them know in advance about the gala, so that schedules could be considered they wanted to make sure that you would drop everything for them.   Answer Question
  • How do you feel about working 50+ hours a week.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Associate-Attorney Interview

Project Associate-Attorney
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at alliantgroup, LP in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was great. I was contacted by Talent Integration by phone after applying online and asked to interview the next day. Upon arrival, I met with the director of Talent, who was very positive and straight forward. She explained the departments and corporate structure. After talking with me about my background and work history and goals, she scheduled additional interviews for the next day.

The next day, I met with the COO first, then the Managing Director and Director after a brief lunch break. Everyone was very inquisitive and genuinely interested in what I was saying. The questions were very fair, and they told me a nice background and working history of the Company, with honesty about the job requirements, time commitment and qualifications. The conversation flowed very nicely and it wasn't a stuffy interview atmosphere. I enjoyed the conversation and felt like a good relationship was being built.

After meeting with everyone, I was given a verbal offer, and explained the company's salary and benefit's structure. No pressure was put on me to accept at that moment, but I did verbally accept while in the office and confirm later in writing. My start date was set for 2 weeks later.

On the way out, I was walked to the COO's office to tell him that I would be joining the company. He challenged me to be the best and said they were happy to have me in the team!

Afterwards, the team followed up with paperwork and also sending congratulations for passing the bar. Great experience that put me in a great job!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not partake in a negotiation phase.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at alliantgroup, LP in November 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process is pretty straight forward. You have a phone interview, then you go in to the office for an in person interview. If you're from out of town, then you do all your interview in person. My best recommendation is to not be intimidated by the office or people interviewing you. Just be confident about yourself and what you have to offer.

Interview Question – They won't ask you anything crazy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will offer you a high salary, but don't get lured in by the money because the company expects a lot from you for their compensation. Very high stress position that requires long hours.

Houston, TX

I interviewed at alliantgroup, LP in February 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and a detailed cover letter and received a call two days later. I was called in for an interview the day after. I met with a recruiter, a Senior Managing Director, and the COO. The interviews were all about me and my background. I was able to ask questions about the firm and I received candid answers.

Interview Question – How many gallons of gas does the city of Houston use on a yearly basis?   Answer Question

Project Associate-Engineering Interview

Project Associate-Engineering

I applied online - interviewed at alliantgroup, LP in February 2014.

Interview Details – I received a phone call inquiring if I was still on available on the job market. This most likely was attributed to the fact that I submitted my resume at a college career fair several months earlier. I informed them that I was still searching for a job opportunity and I would be interested in what they may have to offer. They never followed up with me after that despite the fact that I attempted to contact them to follow up. Several days afterwards I decided to directly apply online and I ironically received an e-mail and phone call the following day stating their expressed interest. From there I was scheduled a phone interview that was stated to last up to an hour. However, 5 minutes into the interview the interviewer said she would speak to her manager about my qualifications and I never heard back. Their recruiting process is largely voided of any sense of ethical professionalism. I should have heeded the actual reviews expressed on here. Lesson learnt.

Interview Question – Only asked about my work experience with clients. Informed that there were subjectively no long term client interactions, but I had experience with interacting with client nonetheless. Then the interview ended.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Consulting Team Director Interview

Consulting Team Director

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at alliantgroup, LP in May 2014.

Interview Details – Simple, and a total waste of time.
Got call, and the 'talent acquisition' person said they had received my resume 2 weeks ago. It was a fairly brief phone screen. At the end of the call, I was told that 'our hiring process is quick', and so offered to have an in-person interview in 2 days. I suggested the next day, and that worked out well. A couple of hours later, received an email confirmation with a full description of the role, as well as location of the office.

Once I made it to the Elevator lobby, and pulled on the glass door to get into the office, I had to wait for the receptionist to walk over and open it for me. The lobby was not particularly huge, it just seemed cavernous and sparse. There was a receptionist desk, and all of 2 leather chairs, facing each other, in a space that could probably fit a 'starter house'. The 2 receptionists were extremely nice though.

That's when it got weird. Not way out there, but just 'off'. One HR rep came by, confused as to who I was, and asked if I had a resume. She assured me that while I wasn't on her calendar, I probably was on the other HR rep.
A few minutes later, she came back and escorted me to a tiny office with glass doors. The HR person I had spoken to the day before arrived about 10 minutes later and after briefly sitting in the only other chair in the room, decided it just wasn't right. So she left and came back with a much bigger, leather chair.
After she was comfortable, she asked what I knew about the company. I thought it odd that she neither added anything to what I had said, nor asked if I had any questions about the company. Most of the time, people take at least a little bit of pride in their company and want to share some insight, but this wasn't the case.
And then the normal questions commenced, for about 10 minutes. She clearly had no recollection of our conversation the day before, and hadn't looked at my resume that had presumably been given to her.
I was then told that PM work at AG was nothing like PM work anywhere else, and so she really didn't see me in the PM role. I mentioned that she had suggested the Consulting Team Director role, and that was the description in the email that I had received from her. She quickly agreed, and said she'd need to take my salary requirements 'upstairs' to management.
And that was it. Not even a hint of , 'do you have any questions', etc.

Interview Question – Totally unexpected question: "What other jobs are you applying for elsewhere?" That one threw me.   Answer Question

Project Associate - Law Interview

Project Associate - Law

Interviewed at alliantgroup, LP

Interview Details – They initially contacted me via phone. The interviewer did not seem to understand the timeline for the bar admission process. She asked me general questions and scheduled my follow up. My second interview was via skype. The interviewer was drinking wine. They kept pushing my interview back (at least twice) and I was not able to talk to someone until 6pm that evening.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to be ranked and how did you fair against your opponents?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at alliantgroup, LP in May 2014.

Interview Details – A complete waste of my time. I applied online with my resume, without a cover letter. So, I was very surprised to hear from them.

They are likely aware of the negative reviews on this web site and the comments suggesting that they will hire anyone. They now appear to be interviewing individuals without actual interest in hiring them to alter that reputation. HR (or the "talent acquisition associate") contacted me. The talent acquisition associate interviewed me twice (once by phone and once by video, as I don't live in Houston). She was like an extremely aggressive (but very friendly) saleswoman. At the conclusion of the video interview, she arranged for me to have another video interview with two directors two days later.

Two days later, twenty-minutes late, and one director short, the most discourteous woman I have ever had the misfortune of interviewing with appeared on-screen for the interview. Do not forget her title and mistakenly call her a Project Manager or something other than a DIRECTOR, it offends her greatly and she'll be sure to bite your head off if you do. My encounter with this interviewer is likely indicative of the unsavory characters who run this shop.

Interview Question – None - but extremely turned off when I was told I would be "digging, digging, digging" to find those tax credits.   Answer Question

Worked for alliantgroup, LP? Contribute to the Community!