alliantgroup, LP

Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.4

LL M Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP in January 2015.

There is an initial phone screening. Next, there is another phone call to schedule a Skype interview. After that, there is a follow up in-person or phone interview with a manager. They scheduled me for an interview, gave me the name of a manager I would be interviewing with and then blew me off!

Associate Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP.

I went through a recruiting service and was immediately asked to come in. The building is beautiful and I walked into the room where all the employees were. The room is so open that everyone stares and awkwardly watches you being interviewed. I was literally asked 3 questions while the very ditzy recruiter kept getting up to leave every minute. She had no idea what this position entailed and it was very rushed....because she kept leaving the room.

This was a similar experience that others had...where the ONLY aspect of the job they care about is IF you're okay with the long hours.

It was an awkward and unprofessional experienc.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP in December 2014.

I was contacted two days after application to set up a phone interview with the recruiter. The interview with the recruiter was very direct and was aimed at figuring out if my background would be useful to the company. She was very thorough and actually made me want to work there. At the end of the call, the recruiter set up an in-person interview with two senior directors for the next week. Upon arrival, I was given a tour of the building, which had great views. My interview with the senior directors was short - i.e. about 15 minutes long - and it seemed like they had quite a number of interviews lined up for that day. I sent thank you emails later that day and received a response four days later expressing a disinterest in moving forward.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were straight forward. The entire interview process is about trying to determine if you are a good "fit" rather than if you are competent.

"Why do you want to work here?" and "What do you think you would be doing on a daily basis here?", both questions which were aimed at determining your personality type, were slightly difficult only because the directors have a set notion of the personality type they want, and without actually coming from a consulting background or being extremely likable, it is a bit difficult to talk your way around that.

Answer Question

MBA Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP.

I applied online for this position and was called back immediately the same day. The interview was scheduled for the following day and at the end of the interview I was basically offered the job "if I thought it was a good fit." Some of the things which were concerning for me was the way the interviewer kept asking me if I liked long hours and when I asked how alliantgroup viewed work life balance, she responded with "we don't call it work life balance here, we call it work life integration." With that response and the other negative reviews I have heard about excessive hours and sheep to the slaughter, I decided to look elsewhere for employment.

Interview Questions

Too many bad reviews and it does feel like they hire just about anyone with a degree that is willing to work their butt off for little pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP in November 2014.

First interview was good, their recruiter is really nice. She actually tries to get to know the candidate by asking questions and letting you explain.
    Second interview is where you meet the management. The moment they stepped into the room.. It was on their face that they were just killing time and their decision was made before stepping into the room. Instead of trying to see my capability to perform the job, they made me ask questions about the company and they kept giving the same answers even though my questions were about something else. They had this bored/unhappy look during the whole interview which made me very uncomfortable.
    Too bad so sad they didn't see how I was dying to work there and was ready to give up my social life.

Interview Questions
    • First Interview:
      Tell us about yourself.
      Why alliantgroup?
      What did you do in your previous jobs?
      Other standart questions.
      Second Interview:
      Do you have any questions for us?

Answer Question

Attorney/Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP in November 2014.

Had interview over Skype only. They called me to schedule day after I submitted resume. Reviews in here are 99.9% accurate: interview was very scripted, they think they are the Google of Texas (lol), and long hours. But at least she was honest about the hours being insane, as everyone on here says. She got defensive when I asked about their attrition rate. I'm not into a 75 hour week lifestyle as an attorney anymore. Even if offered, I would have declined.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. I was ready for the interview b/c I read all the reviews on this site. So I knew basically what she would ask.   Answer Question

Legal Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at alliantgroup, LP in November 2014.

Received a phone call a few weeks after application unexpectedly. But it was a very pleasant experience and I had fantastic discourse with the interviewer. I was asked to come in for a face to face interview, which I will do in a few days. I was also told that I should research the employee reviews before coming in for the interview, which I found very interesting.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was "What is your biggest professional achievement to date?"   Answer Question

Project Associate-Law Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP.

I applied online for the Project associate-law position. I'm a recent law school graduate. I had the first phone interview which was very quick and I the recruiter immediately set up a skype interview for the next day. During the skype interview, it seemed as though the recruiter had made up her mind about me within the first minute and was rushing to get off for the rest of the time. She did not ask me if I had any questions and told me at the end that she would give my resume to upper management. I didn't get the position but feel like I never really had a shot. It seems that people who are moved on to the next phase of interviewing find out during the interview. That wasn't the case with me. I can't understand why the recruiter never gave me a fair shot. Maybe they hear about how easy to get a job there and are trying to rectify the situation.

Interview Questions
    • It was fairly easy questions. "What made you want to be a lawyer? Tell me about yourself? What brings you to houston"   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at alliantgroup, LP in September 2014.

Remember this, "Everything that glitters isn't gold!!!" If you're looking to jump through hoops with a pretentious, unrefined, slackened professionally corporation then this is it. I went through a tumultuous two week interview process with this company. I applied for several positions and received a call back in what seemed to be minutes after hitting submit. The recruiter was professional and eager to meet for an interview. The next day we met for over an hour and she painted this remarkable picture of this company. She was so impressed from our interview that she wanted me to meet with the manager that day, however it conflicted so we agreed on a later date. That same evening near 7p.m. I received an email from her asking to meet with him the following evening, 5 p.m. to be exact, I agreed even after seeing horrible reviews. The following afternoon I received a call from one of the coordinators asking to reschedule, and once again I agreed. There were several emails exchanged in the time frame of my first interview and "2nd" interview of how excited the manager was to speak with me, impressed and wanted to hear about my background, and in fact how she was going to move forward and send my things in for a background check. I promptly walked into the managers office to wait for our interview and was taken aback by the gallon of Crown Royal, Vodka, and Red Bull on his in office bar. In walked the manager and I stood to introduce myself and he immediately appeared cold. No small talk right to it and asked, "Why should I hire you?" Confidently I a replied and things went far south quick! Needless to say I was dismissed after a 2 minute spill of 'how I would be a better fit for another department' and kindly escorted out. I informed the recruiter of what took place, and they setup this "mock" interview just to save face. I am still shocked that after this circus of a process, the recruiter still ask if I would be interested in future opportunities.

Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at alliantgroup, LP.

I was told the interview process would be quick and painless. The initial interview went well, the second was rushed. While I already had one foot out of the door because of the other reviews, I do not think I was given a chance.