arvato AG

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Valencia, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at arvato AG in January 2008.

Interview Details – The goal of the human resources dept. at arvato digital services is to find people who can LISTEN and think on their feet. Aside from probing you for computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office apps and typing skills, they will stage a fake call session with you. They asked me to make up whatever solution came to my head to meet the needs of the customer. My particular "fake call" involved me as an employee at The Gap. A customer called to complain that they ordered clothes and haven't received them when they were supposed to. I basically had to think on my feet and find a solution for them to keep them satisfied.

In addition to a verbal interview, a written portion was included, where I was asked to form letters in response to different email complaints. In these letters, I had to include certain points of action that would be taken to address the shortcomings of the previous employee interactions. There was a computer-based portion that tested my typing skills by copying word for word a document presented to me on the screen.

One of the hardest parts of the process was a computer-based portion where I had to listen to people leave voicemails with noisy backgrounds and determine exactly what they needed by answering from a multiple choice questionnaire.

I had to go get drug tested, which is always an annoying process, only because who enjoys peeing in a cup? And the nurse I got was my age and really cute. So that's always awkward...

Interview Question – The "fake call" setup.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They started at $11 and you take it or leave it.

Sacramento, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at arvato AG in December 2008.

Interview Details – I initially submitted my resume through careerbuilder online. I was contacted for an interview within a couple of days. During the interview, which was with the manager of the location, I felt that I answered all the questions honestly. Communication between us was good. We agreed that I was fully qualified for the position and she would contact me by the end of the week. I did not hear from her by Monday so I called and left at least three voicemail messages over a period of four days. She finally called me back to let me know she had chosen someone else.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had an irate customer and what the outcome of the situation was.   View Answer

Interviewed at arvato AG

Interview Details – standard questions

Interview Question – What is ur favourite food   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Gütersloh (Germany)

I applied online - interviewed at arvato AG in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview took about 1.5 hours. 2 sales case scenario with role plays. General HR & Dept Interview. Language and IT test

Interview Question – The sales role play   Answer Question

Venlo (Netherlands)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at arvato AG in September 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process implemented very high standards, but it did not reflect the work conditions, which had very law standards.

Interview Question – I was asked on each work day to start working earlier than my official start time and explained that I have to do that for free, like a gift to the company! My reaction: I was surprised to see a company who is declaring they do not want to pay for an extra work time!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They just asked do I wish to accept that. I wanted to change my previous job, so I agreed. Now I admit it was a mistake.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at arvato AG in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was incredibly simple. I just said why I wanted to work with Arvato and answered some questions about my previous places of employment, what I did there what I liked what I didn't like (always make sure to keep everything positive). It was a lot of hurry up and wait. The majority of everything took just one day. They had a career fair, I recommend getting there as soon in the day as possible as the wait to get through all the steps was long. If you are in faster (earlier) you will be out faster (earlier), otherwise expect to wait most of the day. I went through two brief interviews one with a general recruiter and one with a supervisor, they were both very nice. I then took an online skills test, personality test, basic math test with listening sections where you respond on the computer typing what you heard or answering a question re. what you heard. This part took another hour. Then I left for the day. Everyone was very nice!

The next day I got a call telling me I had a conditional job offer but needed to take their drug test and they would then run my background testing too. One more day passed and I got a call offering me the job and I accepted the offer. Again everyone was very nice. I hope this continues throughout employment.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in working with Arvato   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available. They offer what they offer and that is it. They did seem to want to advance people who do well in their work. I do not know how long that will take to get there but I am interested.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Scarborough, ON (Canada)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at arvato AG in December 2010.

Interview Details – interview with HR

will send you an online exam link

interview with Manager

Offer

Interview Question – can you work 24/7   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at arvato AG in January 2009.

Interview Details – If anyone needs a starting job to gain confidence, experience....this is the place to be. this company does not pay much, just the basic pay but spend a year or so and then u can move up with other companies or as other profiles.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no scope of negotiation as it is like a start-up job. Take it or leave it.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for arvato AG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at arvato AG Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by arvato AG employees and interview candidates.