arvato AG

Updated May 22, 2014

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews

Valencia, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at arvato AG in January 2008.

Interview Details – The goal of the human resources dept. at arvato digital services is to find people who can LISTEN and think on their feet. Aside from probing you for computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office apps and typing skills, they will stage a fake call session with you. They asked me to make up whatever solution came to my head to meet the needs of the customer. My particular "fake call" involved me as an employee at The Gap. A customer called to complain that they ordered clothes and haven't received them when they were supposed to. I basically had to think on my feet and find a solution for them to keep them satisfied.

In addition to a verbal interview, a written portion was included, where I was asked to form letters in response to different email complaints. In these letters, I had to include certain points of action that would be taken to address the shortcomings of the previous employee interactions. There was a computer-based portion that tested my typing skills by copying word for word a document presented to me on the screen.

One of the hardest parts of the process was a computer-based portion where I had to listen to people leave voicemails with noisy backgrounds and determine exactly what they needed by answering from a multiple choice questionnaire.

I had to go get drug tested, which is always an annoying process, only because who enjoys peeing in a cup? And the nurse I got was my age and really cute. So that's always awkward...

Interview Question – The "fake call" setup.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They started at $11 and you take it or leave it.

Gütersloh (Germany)

I applied online - interviewed at arvato AG in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview took about 1.5 hours. 2 sales case scenario with role plays. General HR & Dept Interview. Language and IT test

Interview Question – The sales role play   Answer Question

Purchasing Manager Interview

Purchasing Manager
Gütersloh (Germany)

I applied online and interviewed at arvato AG.

Interview Details – Communications and hiring process quick. Interviewer awkward and unusual.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Corporate Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at arvato AG in July 2012.

Interview Details – 30 minute phone interview, 30 minute in-person interview the whole time was spent hearing about the company no question for interviewee. The HR person pulled into another meeting and I was left sitting in her office. Horrible about following up.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at arvato AG in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process takes 2 days and they expects me to have the positive attitude towards the job. Initiallly I did a test but it's not too hard. But you'd better to show them all you got since there are lots competitors. And the company treats security very serious so make sure you will not breech any of the rules.

Interview Question – What is the most challenging work you have done in the past.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at arvato AG.

Interview Details – called up for an interview. interview process was smooth. Hiring manager was friendly. get the offer after an hour.

Interview Question – pattern base question   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance
Mountain View, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at arvato AG in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interview took a very long time and consisted of a phone screen, 2 pannel interviews, 1:1 with manager, 1:1 with global manager from Ireland, skilltest for Word and Excel and short chat with HR regarding the offer details. I had to send follow up emails in between the interviews to find out if the position was still open. Mostly interviews were not hard and didn't consist of any specific technical finance questions, but rather the behavioral tests to check how would you handle different situations, and focused on taking initiative and leadership qualities. Atmosphere was informal and people were friendly and open except for the manager.

Interview Question – What would you do if you send erroneous financial report to the client?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They didn't give a chance to negotiate, just offered a position at a certain rate. Rate was less than average in South Bay, but because it was a Google account I took it anyway.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at arvato AG.

Interview Details – They took quite some time to review your resume. After that, a week is needed to arrange and interview. The interview location is very remote area with few public transport.
During interview, they ask mostly basic C# question as well as SQL question such as retrieving using joins and how to apply them

Venlo (Netherlands)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at arvato AG in September 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process implemented very high standards, but it did not reflect the work conditions, which had very law standards.

Interview Question – I was asked on each work day to start working earlier than my official start time and explained that I have to do that for free, like a gift to the company! My reaction: I was surprised to see a company who is declaring they do not want to pay for an extra work time!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They just asked do I wish to accept that. I wanted to change my previous job, so I agreed. Now I admit it was a mistake.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at arvato AG in July 2010.

Interview Details – In my experience it was a very short interview at 35 minutes. During the interview, with two people, one showed up with a copy of my resume and the other did not. Neither person took notes during the interview or had any paper other then the single copy of my resume.

Interview Question – Give two examples of what challenges you the most.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary offer was very low. Benefits are average for the industry.

Worked for arvato AG? Contribute to the Community!