arvato AG Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at arvato AG in January 2008.

The goal of the human resources dept. at arvato digital services is to find people who can LISTEN and think on their feet. Aside from probing you for computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office apps and typing skills, they will stage a fake call session with you. They asked me to make up whatever solution came to my head to meet the needs of the customer. My particular "fake call" involved me as an employee at The Gap. A customer called to complain that they ordered clothes and haven't received them when they were supposed to. I basically had to think on my feet and find a solution for them to keep them satisfied.

In addition to a verbal interview, a written portion was included, where I was asked to form letters in response to different email complaints. In these letters, I had to include certain points of action that would be taken to address the shortcomings of the previous employee interactions. There was a computer-based portion that tested my typing skills by copying word for word a document presented to me on the screen.

One of the hardest parts of the process was a computer-based portion where I had to listen to people leave voicemails with noisy backgrounds and determine exactly what they needed by answering from a multiple choice questionnaire.

I had to go get drug tested, which is always an annoying process, only because who enjoys peeing in a cup? And the nurse I got was my age and really cute. So that's always awkward...

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They started at $11 and you take it or leave it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Venlo (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venlo (Netherlands)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at arvato AG in September 2011.

The hiring process implemented very high standards, but it did not reflect the work conditions, which had very law standards.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked on each work day to start working earlier than my official start time and explained that I have to do that for free, like a gift to the company! My reaction: I was surprised to see a company who is declaring they do not want to pay for an extra work time!   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They just asked do I wish to accept that. I wanted to change my previous job, so I agreed. Now I admit it was a mistake.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gütersloh (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gütersloh (Germany)

I applied online - interviewed at arvato AG in January 2013.

The interview took about 1.5 hours. 2 sales case scenario with role plays. General HR & Dept Interview. Language and IT test

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Poznań, Greater Poland (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poznań, Greater Poland (Poland)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at arvato AG.

Only one interview, but 5 years ago. First, general abilities (you can call it IQ test) - how one uses resources, how is able to think clearly and make perfect sense of what has found, then part 2 - sort of an assessment in groups of 3. They were testing our language skills, soft skills, problem solving skills. In general, rather a nice experience, quite productive time.

Interview Questions
    • Can't really remember particular questions but all question were rather surprising but nothing like you couldn't answer them. The only important part was to use your brain. They were checking our creativity and stress resistance. I might need to add that the company was looking for more than 1 person at that time as they were opening a new project. Plus that was back in Sep 2007   Answer Question
    No negotiations, they presented the offer in the first place. Then they interviewed the candidates.

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at arvato AG.

called up for an interview. interview process was smooth. Hiring manager was friendly. get the offer after an hour.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at arvato AG.

They took quite some time to review your resume. After that, a week is needed to arrange and interview. The interview location is very remote area with few public transport.
    During interview, they ask mostly basic C# question as well as SQL question such as retrieving using joins and how to apply them

Corporate Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at arvato AG in July 2012.

30 minute phone interview, 30 minute in-person interview the whole time was spent hearing about the company no question for interviewee. The HR person pulled into another meeting and I was left sitting in her office. Horrible about following up.

Program Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at arvato AG in July 2010.

In my experience it was a very short interview at 35 minutes. During the interview, with two people, one showed up with a copy of my resume and the other did not. Neither person took notes during the interview or had any paper other then the single copy of my resume.

Interview Questions

Salary offer was very low. Benefits are average for the industry.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at arvato AG in August 2009.

Interview took a very long time and consisted of a phone screen, 2 pannel interviews, 1:1 with manager, 1:1 with global manager from Ireland, skilltest for Word and Excel and short chat with HR regarding the offer details. I had to send follow up emails in between the interviews to find out if the position was still open. Mostly interviews were not hard and didn't consist of any specific technical finance questions, but rather the behavioral tests to check how would you handle different situations, and focused on taking initiative and leadership qualities. Atmosphere was informal and people were friendly and open except for the manager.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you send erroneous financial report to the client?   Answer Question
    They didn't give a chance to negotiate, just offered a position at a certain rate. Rate was less than average in South Bay, but because it was a Google account I took it anyway.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at arvato AG in March 2011.

The interview process takes 2 days and they expects me to have the positive attitude towards the job. Initiallly I did a test but it's not too hard. But you'd better to show them all you got since there are lots competitors. And the company treats security very serious so make sure you will not breech any of the rules.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most challenging work you have done in the past.   Answer Question

Worked for arvato AG? Contribute to the Community!