avivausa

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Actuarial Intern Interview

Actuarial Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at avivausa.

Interview Details – Applied through the University career center, had an interview there, got invited for a day of interviews a few weeks later.

Interview Question – Are you a maverick?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, but package was competitive.

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant
West Des Moines, IA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at avivausa in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was set up by external agency. Manager and staff were great.

Interview Question – What makes you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as that was done by the staffing agency. Take it or leave it.

Life Product Support Interview

Life Product Support
West Des Moines, IA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at avivausa in February 2012.

Interview Details – I met with 4 people within a period of a week. The first interview was a screening interview and the next interview was with a 2nd person who left the room after the interview and sent in the manager and director.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength   View Answer
  • How would you relate to the job duties here in comparison to your last job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not one since I came in as a contractor, I was already given my salary through the temp agency.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Interview

Marketing

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at avivausa in July 2010.

Interview Details – VERY UNPROFESSIONAL
I was contacted by Human Resources shortly after applying for a job online. I had a phone interview with an HR professional - I was asked basic questions about my background and experience. Next, I had individual, in-person interviews with the hiring manager and other members of the team. Nothing about the interviews is noteworthy...mostly conversational discussions about my background. I was told by the hiring manager that the team would get back to me, but I never heard from anyone. When I called to inquire, I was told that an internal candidate had surfaced who needed to be given consideration. They were supposed to talk to the internal candidate, make a decision, and get back to me. That never happened. I didn't hear from anyone - hiring manager, HR, no one. Totally unacceptable!

Interview Question – Tell me about your background (walk me through your resume).   Answer Question

Worked for avivausa? Contribute to the Community!