Banks & Credit Unions interview questions

Sort: Popular Date
Sort: Popular Date

“Case interview: basic business problem (if product X costs Capital One $4.00 per unit, with a $800 sunk cost, and we charge X amount of dollars along with a $10 annual fee, how many do we need to...”

“1 million card applications. $1 per application cost to do employment verification. 96% pass verification and get a card. 4% fail and do not get cards. Given average profits on cardholders in good...”

“Suppose you are the BA and the technical manager does not agree with you on the solution. He wants to build a Java application instead of using SharePoint. So how you go about talking to him?”

Analyst at Capital One

Feb 17, 2010

“Ice cream is sold for $5.00/gallon, it costs $1.00/ gallon, it has a demand of 100 units/month and a elasticity of demand of -4. Assuming the ice cream manufacturer discounts the price of ice cream...”

“case study: credit card insurance profit per customer cost of mailing $0.5, response rate 1%, average balance per month $1000, insurance charges 1% of average balance monthly, customer claim...”

“One of the questions from the second behavioral interviews: "Tell us about a time (job-related) when you made an unpopular decision, and despite everybody's doubts, your decision turned out to be the...”

“How do credit card companies make money from people who don't carry balances?”

“If a bond is trading above par, the YTM is greater, less, or equal to the market's yield?”

Teller at Wells Fargo

Oct 4, 2011

“In the group interview, we had to pair up, then introduce and "sell" each other to the rest of the room (dumb, but not hard). Really, they are more concerned with how you do than what your partner...”

“no behavioral questions, just case study”

1120 of 9,368 Interview Questions