bebe stores Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate/Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at bebe stores (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

One-on-one interview with the manager - Several questions regarding experience and Role Play/Simulation on selling a clothing item in the store. They want to make sure your a good fit for their company --And it's pronounced "bee-bee'.

Sales Associate/Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at bebe stores (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

filled out application come in for interview, asked withing a week to start. Very easy, but looking for knowledge, and experience. The Hiring manager I worked with actually remembered me from a time I shopped with a former lady friend and assisted 3 other clients in choosing their outfits. I basically helped her sales. Came back a few weeks later and she remembered me and offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good candidate for the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nonnegotiable

Sales Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at bebe stores.

Interview

I went in store and filled out an application wearing a pencil skirt, stylish sandals and not revealing crop top. I had to call after a week or so to confirm and interview, which made me a bit nervous but the interview was a lot of me just listening to what I would be doing working there. Go dressed sharp and no harsh makeup, hair done.

Interview Questions

• What outfit would you style me in?   1 Answer

Sales Stylist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at bebe stores.

Interview

Dress professional, smile and be excited to about the interview. Some interview questions were based off my resume, asked to give more detail about previous employment, education, goals. As far as previous employment what were my job responsibilities, did I have sales experience, how many hours I wanted to work. I was also asked to put together a outfit for a wedding weekend. Just be ready to build a outfit for any occasion. Just shows you will be willing to think outside the box for customers and offer more ideas for clients to try on in the fitting room. Try to pick items at the front of the store, usually newer shipment is upfront. Also add lots of accessories to your outfit, shoes, handbag, jewelry.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hourly employee plus commission- no discussion.

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at bebe stores (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I walked in on a Saturday and asked for an application. I filled it out and turned it in to that same day to the assistant manager. She looked over it in front of me and looked at my experience and asked me my availability and asked if I was available for a group interview Monday at 1. I showed up to the store but the store manager wasn't there so I had to wait a bit so I just looked around the store. I was the only one who showed up to the group interview. Her questions were very simple and she was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about loss prevention, what are three words a friend would use to describe you   Answer Question

The pay was too low for only one day a week.

Design Inter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at bebe stores.

Interview

Overall the entire hiring process took a week in a half. First HR go a hold of me to set up an interview. After the interview it took a week to get a call from HR to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were all very expected there wasn't any surprises.   Answer Question

Textiles Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at bebe stores (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone Interview first.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything out of the ordinary that she asked me. I asked her why the company recruiters keep posting up the same jobs and if the turn over rate for the position was high, there wasn't much of an answer.   1 Answer
    • I asked her if she thinks that the company develops their employees and if she sees a career path for this job at her company. She wasn't able to answer this as well.   1 Answer

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at bebe stores (Miami, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Very easy, not too specific, have to go dressed as you would for the job, they explain in detail what your job is, how the pay works and how to sell. I personally was interviewed alone but in the most recent interviews I have witnessed it usually consists of 2-3 girls. They usually know if they want you or not the second they read your application.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to show leadership.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well, I didn't have a job at the moment so no real need to negotiate.

Marketing Coordinator At HQ Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at bebe stores (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I had an interview through a fashion/creative recruiting company. They warned me that Bebe takes their sweet time on making decisions so I was warned! I interviewed with the Marketing Manager and spoke a lot about their campaigns and expectations for the future. I thought it went well and after meeting with her, spoke with the HR person.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask anything and seemed to be overwhelmed by my vast experience.   Answer Question

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at bebe stores (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

I showed up dressed up. Not the usual black and white. I wore a printed pencil skirt, a white v-neck and wedge boots. I felt like I should look dressy/businessy.

I was interviewed by I believe the DM and the SM. The DM was asking all of the questions. I don't think I got the job because they weren't writing anything down. I felt like the interview was rushed. They were doing interviews the whole day. It only lasted about 20 minutes. We did the interview on a bench outside the store. I don't think they liked me when they saw me and just interviewed me just because. They didn't even say they were going to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• How did you approach a person who was stealing (associate and client)

How many people were you overseeing?

Was there someone you looked up to while working at your previous position?

Describe your duties at your last position?

How did you ensure all the clients were being serviced?

If you and your manager got into a disagreement, how did you guys overcome it?

Answer Question