bebe stores

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.3

Sales Stylist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at bebe stores.

I went in store and filled out an application wearing a pencil skirt, stylish sandals and not revealing crop top. I had to call after a week or so to confirm and interview, which made me a bit nervous but the interview was a lot of me just listening to what I would be doing working there. Go dressed sharp and no harsh makeup, hair done.

Sales Stylist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at bebe stores.

Dress professional, smile and be excited to about the interview. Some interview questions were based off my resume, asked to give more detail about previous employment, education, goals. As far as previous employment what were my job responsibilities, did I have sales experience, how many hours I wanted to work. I was also asked to put together a outfit for a wedding weekend. Just be ready to build a outfit for any occasion. Just shows you will be willing to think outside the box for customers and offer more ideas for clients to try on in the fitting room. Try to pick items at the front of the store, usually newer shipment is upfront. Also add lots of accessories to your outfit, shoes, handbag, jewelry.

Interview Questions
    Hourly employee plus commission- no discussion.

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at bebe stores.

I walked in on a Saturday and asked for an application. I filled it out and turned it in to that same day to the assistant manager. She looked over it in front of me and looked at my experience and asked me my availability and asked if I was available for a group interview Monday at 1. I showed up to the store but the store manager wasn't there so I had to wait a bit so I just looked around the store. I was the only one who showed up to the group interview. Her questions were very simple and she was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about loss prevention, what are three words a friend would use to describe you   Answer Question

The pay was too low for only one day a week.

Design Inter Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at bebe stores.

Overall the entire hiring process took a week in a half. First HR go a hold of me to set up an interview. After the interview it took a week to get a call from HR to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were all very expected there wasn't any surprises.   Answer Question

Textiles Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at bebe stores.

Phone Interview first.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything out of the ordinary that she asked me. I asked her why the company recruiters keep posting up the same jobs and if the turn over rate for the position was high, there wasn't much of an answer.   View Answer
    • I asked her if she thinks that the company develops their employees and if she sees a career path for this job at her company. She wasn't able to answer this as well.   View Answer

Marketing Coordinator At HQ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at bebe stores in January 2014.

I had an interview through a fashion/creative recruiting company. They warned me that Bebe takes their sweet time on making decisions so I was warned! I interviewed with the Marketing Manager and spoke a lot about their campaigns and expectations for the future. I thought it went well and after meeting with her, spoke with the HR person.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask anything and seemed to be overwhelmed by my vast experience.   Answer Question

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at bebe stores.

I showed up dressed up. Not the usual black and white. I wore a printed pencil skirt, a white v-neck and wedge boots. I felt like I should look dressy/businessy.

I was interviewed by I believe the DM and the SM. The DM was asking all of the questions. I don't think I got the job because they weren't writing anything down. I felt like the interview was rushed. They were doing interviews the whole day. It only lasted about 20 minutes. We did the interview on a bench outside the store. I don't think they liked me when they saw me and just interviewed me just because. They didn't even say they were going to get back to me.

Interview Questions
    • How did you approach a person who was stealing (associate and client)

How many people were you overseeing?

Was there someone you looked up to while working at your previous position?

Describe your duties at your last position?

How did you ensure all the clients were being serviced?

If you and your manager got into a disagreement, how did you guys overcome it?
        Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at bebe stores in October 2013.

It was fast and easy. I didn't feel a lot of pressure. I dressed nice for the interview which was a bonus and I had a lot in common with the manager. They'll ask you questions such as "Why do you want to work for bebe."

Interview Questions
    Would you like to accept the offer of becoming a bebe stylist?

Senior Director, Store Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at bebe stores in September 2013.

Three steps: external recruiter contacted me, referred me to the internal HR executive and was then scheduled to meet with the CIO And VP Store Systems, in person at their office.

Interview Questions
    • They kept concentrating on the fact that I had not specifically managed the skillset of the employees I would be taking on and wanted to know how I could possibly be effective.   View Answer

Fashion Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at bebe stores in August 2013.

The interview process was fairly easy. If you dress very fashionable and present yourself in an exceptional way, be knowledgeable about the store, retail in general and know how to style clients, you will get the job.

Interview Questions
    • None really that I can remember. Just be 100% honest. They value that above everything.   Answer Question