bebe stores Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.3

Sales Stylist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at bebe stores.

Dress professional, smile and be excited to about the interview. Some interview questions were based off my resume, asked to give more detail about previous employment, education, goals. As far as previous employment what were my job responsibilities, did I have sales experience, how many hours I wanted to work. I was also asked to put together a outfit for a wedding weekend. Just be ready to build a outfit for any occasion. Just shows you will be willing to think outside the box for customers and offer more ideas for clients to try on in the fitting room. Try to pick items at the front of the store, usually newer shipment is upfront. Also add lots of accessories to your outfit, shoes, handbag, jewelry.

Interview Questions
    Hourly employee plus commission- no discussion.

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at bebe stores.

I walked in on a Saturday and asked for an application. I filled it out and turned it in to that same day to the assistant manager. She looked over it in front of me and looked at my experience and asked me my availability and asked if I was available for a group interview Monday at 1. I showed up to the store but the store manager wasn't there so I had to wait a bit so I just looked around the store. I was the only one who showed up to the group interview. Her questions were very simple and she was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about loss prevention, what are three words a friend would use to describe you   Answer Question

The pay was too low for only one day a week.

Design Inter Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at bebe stores.

Overall the entire hiring process took a week in a half. First HR go a hold of me to set up an interview. After the interview it took a week to get a call from HR to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were all very expected there wasn't any surprises.   Answer Question

Senior Director, Store Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at bebe stores in September 2013.

Three steps: external recruiter contacted me, referred me to the internal HR executive and was then scheduled to meet with the CIO And VP Store Systems, in person at their office.

Interview Questions
    • They kept concentrating on the fact that I had not specifically managed the skillset of the employees I would be taking on and wanted to know how I could possibly be effective.   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at bebe stores in November 2010.

It was pretty quick. I went on two interviews and I was hired within one week. The store manager was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. All of the questions asked were basic (customer service, how to deal with a problem involving a customer, etc.).   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at bebe stores in July 2010.

I was transitioning from another position in retail where I was a key holder. The company was going under and I had just bought a car so I was in panic mode.
    I was just shopping at the mall and happened to be looking good so I decided to go into BEBE and check if they were hiring.
    ONE TIP NO MATTER WHAT POSITION YOU'RE APPLYING FOR:
    Always ask to speak to a manager. If you want to just CHECK if they are hiring, speak to a manager...if you want to turn in your application? speak to a manager. The reason I say this is as a manager I personally gave kudos to those who took the initiative to meet me and personally ask if Im looking to fill positions. THIS is a great way to put a face with the application and can ONLY help you (if you are professional)
    Sometimes (ive done it too) I use that moment in meeting you to ask a couple questions...which is like a mini interview! so this is great for both parties.
    ANYWAYS, I asked to speak to the manager and the associate kindly went and got her for me. I waited off to the side (you dont want to hover around the cashier area) when she approached me I went and shook her hand while saying "Hi, I know you must be busy so thank you for taking some time to talk to me. I wanted to see if you were looking to fill any positions" She literally looked at me...then my outfit, and said can you fill out an application for me? and Ill go ahead and interview you right now?
    I, OF COURSE, was ecstatic! I agreed, and then later stepped into the back area office to start an interview.
    She started by telling me she sees I am a key holder, but she didnt have that position available. She followed up with having a sales lead position available and she feels I would be a great fit. She asked a basic question about my job and what I do, and also what my availability is. Took 10 min. and she offered me the job.
    I loved that position, I loved the environment and the clothes! 3 months later the GM comes in as routine and has a meeting with the store manager. When he left, she came to me and said the GM would like to offer me a promotion to Assistant store manager. I didnt feel I was ready for such a big responsibility like that. Since the store manager would float to SD location, I would be the one in charge most days! So, she gave me a number...and I told her id think about it.
    1 week later the GM came back in, they both gave me a HIGHER offer and told me they really think I can handle the job and that i would be amazing at it. I TOOK IT.
    I worked full time for BEBE as an assistant manager. I handled day to day opening or closing procedures, bank deposits, scheduling, daily goals/ meetings for sales team, loss prevention, merchandising, trained, hiring, etc.
    It was a lot, but I truly enjoyed it all. You HAVE to be prepared for covering shifts. As a manager working in retail...your employees call out...its just life. last minute call outs probably mean no one can cover....this means YOU cover that shift.This happens, and you have to take it like a champ. I didnt mind bc I loved my employees and I loved working there. NOW if it happened CONSISTENTLY...of course you have to address it.
    In the end, I left to work in accounting. Different career....but I was getting older and wanted to try new things.
    If you're considering this company, I suggest you give it a try. 40% off retail, benefits (full-time), and a great learning experience for high end clothing.
    Good Luck!!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, what do you do for fun?   View Answer
    offered sales lead. 3 months later promoted to assistant store manager. VERY good pay.

Marketing Coordinator At HQ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at bebe stores in January 2014.

I had an interview through a fashion/creative recruiting company. They warned me that Bebe takes their sweet time on making decisions so I was warned! I interviewed with the Marketing Manager and spoke a lot about their campaigns and expectations for the future. I thought it went well and after meeting with her, spoke with the HR person.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask anything and seemed to be overwhelmed by my vast experience.   Answer Question

Textiles Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at bebe stores.

Phone Interview first.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything out of the ordinary that she asked me. I asked her why the company recruiters keep posting up the same jobs and if the turn over rate for the position was high, there wasn't much of an answer.   View Answer
    • I asked her if she thinks that the company develops their employees and if she sees a career path for this job at her company. She wasn't able to answer this as well.   View Answer

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sterling Heights, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at bebe stores in October 2013.

It was fast and easy. I didn't feel a lot of pressure. I dressed nice for the interview which was a bonus and I had a lot in common with the manager. They'll ask you questions such as "Why do you want to work for bebe."

Interview Questions
    Would you like to accept the offer of becoming a bebe stylist?

Fashion Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at bebe stores in August 2013.

The interview process was fairly easy. If you dress very fashionable and present yourself in an exceptional way, be knowledgeable about the store, retail in general and know how to style clients, you will get the job.

Interview Questions
    • None really that I can remember. Just be 100% honest. They value that above everything.   Answer Question

Worked for bebe stores? Contribute to the Community!