benefitsCONNECT Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at benefitsCONNECT

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at benefitsCONNECT (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

I have a friend who works for the company who knew my situation and suggested I apply. I was warned about the crazy CEO, but thought I'd go through the process and make my own decision. I applied online and was called for a phone interview relatively quickly. The lady who called was very polite and very informative. I came in and interviewed with a couple managers. They seemed nice and I know the interview went well. Then I had to meet with the CEO.... Total narcissist! He went on and on about himself, and didn't seem too interested in interviewing me. From what I've heard, this is his typical demeanor. Do your homework on this company and you will see that this is NOT a place you want to work. The company has potential, but that potential cannot be realized with a terrible leader at the top. Look elsewhere. You will find better pay at just about any company, and won't have to deal with a hostile work environment. My friend is looking and said so many others are too.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions by the managers. CEO asked me to name 3 Nobel prize winners and then explained he doesn't expect me to actually name them, just wanted me to ask him for help. Clearly he has issues and just wants to feel needed. Red flags all over the place!   Answer Question

You couldn't pay me to deal with the CEO.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at benefitsCONNECT in December 2014.

Interview

Standard questions, positive interviewer, great advocate for what the company offers and benefits packages, answered all my questions, positive experience, quick turn-around, effective communication and ease of conversation, flexible with scheduling the phone appointment. Questions were based on experience and experience with details listed on the job description.

Interview Questions

• Standard line of questions-unexpected-challenges you have faced?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at benefitsCONNECT (Sacramento, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

My interviewer was completely unenthusiastic about the company, position, and myself. One of the worst interviews I have ever had. Asked her about how much they want to grow and she had no answer. 'We are just growing.', she said. I decided to pursue other obtions.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff asking about my resume, obviously new at management.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at benefitsCONNECT.

Interview

Got to 3rd interview with CEO and I was more scared that I would be offered the position that not being offered. The CEO is the most egotistical man, I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Run don't walk away. I was advised not to take this job by another employee because of the horrible work environment. Problem solved, I wasn't offered. Whew.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 Nobel peace prize winners.   2 Answers

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at benefitsCONNECT (Elk Grove, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Nice office, good central location and people seemed friendly enough. Interview started off with whether or not I could name at least 3 previous Nobel Prize winners. I was told if I couldn't name at least 3 previous winners the interview would be over. I suppose this is some sort of intelligence quest. I was able to name 3. They also asked me to attempt to navigate their internal system for finding information on their databse. I was able to find "some" of the information they requested. The job description asked for someone with basic accounting skills, of which I possess. They then brought up their Quickbooks account and asked me to find basic information. I was also able to complete this task. I ultimately received an email that they were looking for someone with more advanced skills in Quickbooks even though the job description made no reference to such a required skill. Approximately 3 weeks later I saw the same ad, the only added information was that a degree was now required. In my opinion, these people are just education snobs. As my experience clearly outweighs any education I could have received almost 20+ years ago. Definitely one of the stranger interviews I participated in.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 previous Nobel Prize Winners   17 Answers
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer