benefitsCONNECT

Relevance Date Difficulty

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager
Elk Grove, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at benefitsCONNECT in October 2011.

Interview Details – Nice office, good central location and people seemed friendly enough. Interview started off with whether or not I could name at least 3 previous Nobel Prize winners. I was told if I couldn't name at least 3 previous winners the interview would be over. I suppose this is some sort of intelligence quest. I was able to name 3. They also asked me to attempt to navigate their internal system for finding information on their databse. I was able to find "some" of the information they requested. The job description asked for someone with basic accounting skills, of which I possess. They then brought up their Quickbooks account and asked me to find basic information. I was also able to complete this task. I ultimately received an email that they were looking for someone with more advanced skills in Quickbooks even though the job description made no reference to such a required skill. Approximately 3 weeks later I saw the same ad, the only added information was that a degree was now required. In my opinion, these people are just education snobs. As my experience clearly outweighs any education I could have received almost 20+ years ago. Definitely one of the stranger interviews I participated in.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for benefitsCONNECT? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at benefitsCONNECT Office Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by benefitsCONNECT employees and interview candidates.