bioMérieux

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Systems Engineer Interview

Field Systems Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at bioMérieux.

Interview Details – Was contacted by an HR rep for 'pre-screening'... Apparently the hiring manager was on vacation for the week, but had selected a few applicants' resumes and asked the HR rep to see if any of us had used their equipment at a previous workplace before. Seemed like the main question and main criteria they were looking for to make a hire. Unfortunate as I had not used their equipment but am sure I could learn how fairly easily. Besides that, we basically just went over the company and my background briefly...

Interview Question – We were going over the duties of the job, talking about training people and I was asked what my 'teaching style' was...   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Co-Op
Saint Louis, MO

The process took a day - interviewed at bioMérieux in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had an on-campus interview after applying through my career center. The interviewer was nice, but she started the interview by telling me everything about the company I had just looked up online.

Interview Question – What was your least favorite class?   Answer Question

Senior Field Service Engineer, Technical Client Consultant (Previous) Interview

Senior Field Service Engineer, Technical Client Consultant (Previous)
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at bioMérieux in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process begins with several phone screens. The company does an exemplary job of presenting the corporate mission and where each staff member fits in and what your starting role will consist of and how you fit in the regional engineering, consultant, sales and management teams. The company staffing interviews you extensively and thoroughly for technical capability and best fit to the role and team while taking lots of time to explain each interviewer’s background, role, career history and why they are in the role they are in, the future goals of the individual and team, and the vision of opportunity in your interviewing role is clearly established in regards to potential career path.

The company runs lean on technical experts, engineers and managers and offers high level responsible positions with generous compensation and bonus packages. The company is very business savvy and results oriented on a daily, weekly, quarterly and annual perspective. The technical and business objectives are clearly defined during the interview process and a candidate has ample opportunity to show the best fit for his qualifications, goals and career aspirations during approximately a 3 week period. I interviewed and spoke to approximately 15 technical staff members, engineers and upper level managers including a national vice president for an upper level staffing role.

The company takes every consideration into extending an offer with one of the more important factors being related to expected time in a given region and expectations for career longevity with the company since all roles are tied to customer bases and each individual contributor acquires greater value to the company, the region and the customer base through time.

The final round of interviews is concluded with a regional site board style interviewing session in a host city that may not be the city you are being hired to be based out of, since most roles require travel, unless you apply towards one of the manufacturing sites. I spent that particular day with a national corporate vice president for breakfast and the board style panel of interviewers at a round table over later morning hours into lunch hour where each interviewer asked questions and all interviewers were present and could ask additional questions based on your responses. I concluded the process with several additional phone screens due to the nature of the current position being offered and the corporate structuring for regional support at the time. Eventually, another candidate was chosen with greater ties to the San Francisco Bay Area than myself at the time of the last phone screening while I had other regional interests in regards to location at the time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Technical Client Consultant and what is your career track plan?   View Answers (2)
  • Several questions related to current limitations or associated problems encountered with some of the biomedical equipment from a customer or usability perspective (i.e. what is the biggest complaint with equipment X, why is equipment Z superior to equipment X). Additionally, technical questions related to why some new product lines will have a greater market impact from a technical solution standpoint compared to current more expensive or older biological/biomedical methods (i.e. which product do you see making an impact in the market place in this next year and why?).   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at bioMérieux.

Interview Details – First interview with HR then manager. Long process, but fair and no tricky questions.
Are looking for potential more than an exact match. Warm welcome.
Process quite long at HR level but I guess this is the same in all big companies.

Anonymous Interview

Chandigarh (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at bioMérieux in January 2010.

Interview Details – They Behaved very well to me. i didn't feel nervous with them. It was a great experience to me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They offered me the best

Worked for bioMérieux? Contribute to the Community!