bisco industries Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.5

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at bisco industries.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I received a call back within the same week. I initially did a phone interview with the corporate recruiter and then had to set up a second phone interview with one of the corporate trainers. Once you go into the office you have to take a math test (I think all departments except the warehouse have to do this) that's about 10 questions. They review it and make sure you pass before moving forward. From that point I met with the corporate recruiter in person followed by one of the marketing managers. I then came back in for a second in person interview and met with another marketing manager. Following that process I was offered the position and they reviewed pay, benefits, etc. Once you accept a position, a background check is required prior to your start date.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at bisco industries.

Interview

The hiring process is very fast compared to a lot of other places. They deliver on their promise of quick turn-around time for their candidates as well as their customers.
    The interview has multiple stages, which may force you to reschedule your other priorities, but it is very worth the time investment to lock-in your interview schedule. The people that conduct your interview are very reasonable people. They like to keep things straightforward, so don't stress on the questions too much as it will harm your performance.
    Also, their HR department is actually very responsive to candidates in comparison to most other companies where HR is pretty much unreachable.
    Overall, the interview went smoothly. Regardless of the result, I'm sure candidates that apply to Bisco will not be disappointed with the interview procedure.

Interview Questions

• You should expect typical personality assessment questions that is common practice in the sales industries.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at bisco industries.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for a phone interview shortly thereafter. The next day I had the phone interview and set up an in-person interview the next week. A week later I was given and offer and gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• They asked the same questions as any interview: Why would I want to work there, What experience do I have that would qualify me for the position, Sales Experience is a plus since it is all sales.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Level I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at bisco industries.

Interview

1: Recruiter calls and interviews you over the phone. If you can't talk when they first call, more than happy to reschedule. Takes about 30 minutes.

2. Math test: this isn't really a step on it's own, it'll happen when you come in to meet with the Area Manager you'll first take a simple math test. If you get more than 2 wrong, they'll send you on your way. It's pretty simple stuff, don't worry.

3: Area manager Skype interview. He'll have you come into the office if he's not there and skype the interview. About an hour.

4: If you pass the interview with the area manager, the office manager will come in and interview you for another hour or so.

5: For a job offer, you'll receive a phone call within a week after your interview to come in for the job offer. It's a pretty confusing offer honestly, but they come in with a fair salary. A lot of the talk is to cover their basis to prevent lawsuits.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in the electronics industry?   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at bisco industries (San Diego, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I contacted by a recruiter from their Orange County office for an initial phone screening, at the end of the screening she scheduled me for an interview at their San Diego office. When I arrived to the interview I first had to take a quick an simple math test about profits. When I was finished they faxed the test over to the woman I spoken with on the phone and did a Skype interview with her. This basically consisted of her explaining the company to me and gave me information about the position, not too many questions. After the Skype interview I interviewed with the manager at the office. He had a basic list of questions he was required to ask.. Tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, etc. The whole process took approximately 1 hour.

Level II Sales Interview

Interview

Interview was basic. Generic questions. Had to meet with multiple managers which could have been executed better.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Told them what I wanted and they got as close as they could. Reasonable.

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at bisco industries (Anaheim, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Great professional lobby. Very nice recuiter and manager. There was a math test that was really easy. It was mainly just percentaces, any high school student could pass it. I thought it was going to be a lot harder. I had to wait in the lobby for about half an hour but got to get the second interview done that day. People in the office were dress pretty casually so I felt a little out of place. The office itself looked pretty homey and there was a lot of space in the building. I had a little bit of a hard time finding parking, the parking lot was a decent size but there were a lot of cars there. The building is right next to train tracks and very easy to miss if you don't know where to turn right to. It's hard to find a place to turn around if you miss it. Overall the experience was a very good one.

Interview Questions

• The biggest thing for me was that it took so long to even get to the interview. I submitted my paperwork and it seemed like it too the recruiter a week to get back to me everytime I called.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at bisco industries.

Interview

Be prepared to get lied to about salary and commision potential. There is a basic math test. you need to be able to add, subtract and find percentages.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They don't negotiate

Level III Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at bisco industries (Anaheim, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

first, a recruiter will reach out to you and set up a brief phone interview. if they like you from there you have one initial interview with a manager who will go over your resume and tell you what to expect from a career at bisco, and if you are invited for a second you are essentially going to take a small math test (basic) and skype interview with a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• nothing surprising. be ready to pull on prior experience and explain how that will help you at Bisco.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got an entry level offer out of college and I did not negotiate. I have heard that bisco really doesnt negotiate unless you have a great deal of experience in the industry.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Very simple but rigid process. 2 phone interview with a corporate recruiter, then 2 interviews with a sales manager. All are very simple, if they like you they will hire you. They give you a math test that 5th grader can pass. The last interview is just an offer meeting. Remember they need you way more than you need them.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience where you were challenged on the job. They ask a lot of useless questions like that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negation