blinkx

Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at blinkx in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process began with initial contact with the corporate recruiter via phone. He felt out my experience and compensation goals and made sure things lined up. From there I went on to talk on the phone with the Lead Developer I would be reporting to. After success with both of those conversations, I was asked to come in for an in person interview, which consisted of some tech skill testing and white-boarding. I was then contacted a few days later in order to setup a Skype video chat with the CTO. This consisted of both technical tests, concept discussions, a show case and presentation of my past work as well as a heart to heart about the direction the company was headed. I was then asked to talk to to other developers, one management level and another a peer, where I under went a good round of technical testing and programming questions that required code submissions.

The whole process was a bit longer than I expected. But part of this was because some of the people involved in the process were out of the country, or on vacation. Upon returning things picked right up and the process went on.

Interview Question – Consider the Facebook and Google+ websites and UI/UX. What do you like about each one? What don't you like? Which one do you like better?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't get the exact number I was looking for. However, the I did get an offer that was within what I would call my negotiable range. If you're interviewing for a position with this company, expect your interviewers to be inquisitive and intelligent. They'll expect the same from you. Ask a lot of questions, and realize that if you're the right candidate it will pay off.

Worked for blinkx? Contribute to the Community!