cPanel

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing and Event Coordinator Interview

Marketing and Event Coordinator
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at cPanel in January 2014.

Interview Details – Was notified that I was selected to interview for the position. Had a panel interview with 2 team members and the Chief Business Officer. I was told over 216 people had applied for this position. I felt I defiantly was qualified for the position but felt I was perhaps a little too corporate for the team so I was completely shocked when I received a notification that I had made it to the next step in the interviewing process.

Interview Question – The second interview was a test: I was given a budget of $1,000 and 7 business days to create an event for the team of 10. Entertain them for three hours at an off-site location. This was to show my creativity and how well I worked under pressure.   View Answer

Technical Analyst I Interview

Technical Analyst I
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at cPanel in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an email back shortly thereafter. They scheduled a phone interview for me, and were right on time. They asked some questions, and scheduled a second interview. After the second one, they extended me an offer and I accepted. They relocated me to Houston Texas, and I proceeded to do a week long training.

Interview Question – Do you know how raid works   Answer Question

*NIX Technical Analyst Interview

*NIX Technical Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at cPanel in September 2012.

Interview Details – Did a phone interview with this company, two people on call. Answered most questions correctly.But within seconds of giving interview I got an email that I was not selected.That was way too fast to make a decision ,especially when the interview went well..

Interview Questions

*NIX Technical Analyst Interview

*NIX Technical Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at cPanel in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online through cPanel's website. They are very good about communicating with you via email and I scheduled a phone interview that consisted of an HR person and the hiring manager. They asked some questions about various technologies and whether or not I was familiar with them. They indicated they wanted to set up an in person interview at their office. I scheduled the interview for a few days later. I arrived at the office and was greeted by the same HR person I spoke with on the phone and was taken to a conference room at their office. The hiring manager came into the room and I was asked to solve some problems on an example/test server using the command line and whatever Internet resources (Read: Google) I wanted. There were 3 different scenarios I had to resolve, of which I only answered one correctly. That was the entirety of the interview. In fact, I wouldn't really call it an interview, but more of a strict skills test. They simply want to know if you have the skills necessary to do the job, which I completely understand, but it obviously doesn't allow the interviewee to highlight their background and skills. I was told I would find out about the job a week later, but was never contacted.

Interview Questions

• A MySQL server starts up with an error. Figure out what is causing the error and get it started properly.   Answer Question
  • Trying to install a package. Gives an error. Figure out why it isn't working   Answer Question
  • Exim returns an error. Figure out why.   Answer Question

UI Designer Interview

UI Designer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at cPanel in April 2011.

Interview Details – After sending in a resume I was contacted by a recruiter and she gave me a design assignment. After completed the design in 1 day I went through to the next step.

They invited me to Houston. I was told that I will be interviewed by the manager, but they decided to do lunch interview. Interview felt rushed. I don't even get a chance to present my portfolio. Somehow I feel they are very disorganized and not prepared. One of the interviewer was wearing short. I understand that some employer have casual dress code, but interviewing a candidate wearing a short is unacceptable.

Interview Question – What was your biggest challenge?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – A disorganized company.

Worked for cPanel? Contribute to the Community!