Certified Financial Planner Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

34 Companies: 13 of 34

See the latest World Financial Group Jobs

38 Interview Questions: 110 of 38 Sort by

Jul 14, 2014

Interview Question for Resident Financial Planner at Financial Finesse:

“Be very prepared for the technical interview by studying all the areas of financial planning. Also, review the website for ideas on the in-person interview”

Jun 10, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Walmart:

“In general questions are long, multiple questions, and they require VERY detailed explanations including actual metrics and numbers in the instance you choose.
Ex. (Actual interview question…”

Apr 3, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Waddell & Reed:

“Picking up all the licensing for securities and insurance with out being paid a stipend”

Feb 4, 2014

Interview Question for Student Finance Planner at Everest University Online:

“What do you think your employer would say is your worst quality?”

Jan 5, 2014

Interview Question for Financial Planner at Skylight Financial Group:

“Most questions were conversational, including what's your advantage in sales driven working environment, and do you have local contacts here you can reach out, if not, how fast can you build up your…”

Nov 15, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at TPW Financial:

“Questions surrounding client service, being detail oriented, owning up to mistakes. Don't actually have to have investment management/financial planning experience.
Few questions regarding…”

Aug 11, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at New York Life:

“I do not remember any specific questions that I considered difficult or unusual. Mostly a very straight forward description of where I worked and what I did.”

Jun 10, 2013

Interview Question for Financial Planner at MetLife:

“Was asked how I would market myself because it was basically your own boss job with the big company name behind it. Also was asked to bring a marketing plan to how I would attack my clientele.”

May 20, 2013

Interview Question for Financial Planner at ING:

“I had to give a presentation on my natural market and why I would be fit for the job.”

May 7, 2013