comScore

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

I applied through college or university and interviewed at comScore.

Interview Details – First round was on campus - General questions were asked based on resume. Second Round was in Reston Virginia. I had to go through 4 interviews back to back and answer similar questions to all 4 interviewers. I also tried to ask them all different questions so when you go there you better have a huge list of questions. Overall experience was nice but it did seem like they were trying to sell big data a lot.

Interview Question – Given three sets of usage statistic data and had to match them to a customer company based on relevant characteristics   Answer Question

Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at comScore in May 2011.

Interview Details – Please quick hiring and interview procss. Received offer on the day of interview. HR is really efficient

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Reston, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at comScore in November 2013.

Interview Details – First round was on campus. Behavioral/functional, mostly discussed my experiences with data, received some constructive criticism which was a nice touch. Got an email for a final round 2 weeks later; it got scheduled a month after that.

Final round at their Reston HQ consists of 3 1:1 interviews with employees of increasing seniority (culminating with a VP) and then a discussion session with a new grad, plus a lunch with a different VP. First interview was mostly behavioral interspersed with technical questions just to get a feel for your skills with SQL/R/whatever, a couple of logic questions and very general market sizing. Second was entirely behavioral, third involved a lot of the VP explaining their area of expertise and maybe a question or two about how you'd approach a problem they might encounter on a regular basis. Overall pretty easy process.

All of it went really smoothly; other glassdoor descriptions made me worried I'd get obnoxious or rude interviewers, but everyone was really nice and informative. No one tried to oversell the company and they were focused on describing the job, not on dumb perks or other useless stuff. HR was also super helpful throughout the process. Got back in less than a week with an offer.

Interview Question – How would you estimate the number of iPad users in the United States?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate and was okay with the offered salary, they asked what my expectations were during the interview process though.

I applied through college or university and interviewed at comScore.

Interview Details – Interviewed through skype. Talked with VP and he introduced about the company. Went through my resume and questions about my previous project experience.

Interview Question – Asked me some macroeconomics questions and how to use model to handle the problem as well as doing predictions.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university and interviewed at comScore.

Interview Details – On-campus interview through university recruiting. Laid back, conversational in nature and interviewer was very friendly. Received a mix of behavioral and functional interview questions. Was not selected for second-round interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you faced difficulty working in a group and what you did to overcome the issue.   Answer Question

South San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at comScore in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was relatively straightforward...I received a call approximately three weeks after I submitted the application from one of the recruiting staff in VA, who set up a phone interview with one of the managers at the South SF office. It was a nice, relaxed interview and the manager was very nice.

Afterwards, I was scheduled for a three hour on-site interview with four members of the group. It was a pleasant experience and most of the questions were about work on my resume. Not much skill-based assessment.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question

Reston, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at comScore in December 2009.

Interview Details – The initial interview was really great. The person sent to my campus was extremely easy to talk to and work with. After a few weeks I went to an interview at the main office in Reston with a group of people. The interviews were 3 1:1 after the Wonderlic test. They never let you know how you did on the test (or if they even really use your results..) and the interviewers were okay. The recent grad was really nice and told me a lot about the company.

Interview Question – A scenario was put on the whiteboard for me to analyze and discuss with the interviewer. Keep an eye out for the more important parts.. percentages, large differences and why that may be..etc.   Answer Question

Reston, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at comScore in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process started with an on-campus interview followed by an on-site interview in 2 weeks. The on-site interview starts with the Wonderlic Test after which you are interviewing with 3 senior employees and one recent graduate. Most of them were resume based and were pretty simple if you know what you want and who you really are. One of the interviewers handed me an Excel sheet and we worked on that together with the interviewer. Not a big deal, they are just trying to see how you approach to an everyday problem that they are facing with. Definitely that is something that makes sense. Finally, the 4th interview, which is the one with the recent graduate, is more like an information session and an opportunity for you to get your concerns and questions answered from someone who was in your shoes just a year ago.

Overall, I would say a very pleasant interview experience with smart and friendly people.

Interview Question – Excel sheets full of numbers. you are expected to identify the important issues in those sheets.   View Answer

Data Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at comScore.

Interview Details – First interview is on campus. But it was a Skype interview. The person who interviewed me is great, no tech questions. Just resume. Asked several Behavior questions, like why comScore? What kind of project you did that related to comScore?
Received an email to schedule a second interview in about one week.
Onsite interview is also fine. No tech questions. 4 interviewers.
One is Database manager, so he asked me about SQL. Since I just learned SQL, he asked me a very easy SQL question: Find same ID from 2 tables.
Received an offer in a week. Still considering.

Interview Question – What kind of project you did that related to comScore.   Answer Question

Data Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at comScore in January 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume via email. I heard back within a week asking for a phone interview. Phone interview went smoothly and I was invited for an in person. Receptionist was nice but they were late starting and I ended up waiting in the lobby for awhile. Everyone was dressed VERY casually (jeans, t-shirts) and I felt out of place in a suit. I was showed around the office; everyone works in cubicles and seem very busy. There was much talk about how they are growing so quickly and are basically "taking over every floor in the building." There were small kitchens with free drinks and coffee available.

I was taken to a little room and met with 4 people back-to-back one-on-one. Each one either asked me to analyze a graph or talk through a different case study. Overall it was a typical consultant style interview. Everyone was nice but rather distant in a "I'm too busy to be doing this" sort of way. I was also turned off by how they kept saying they "only hire smart people" (verbatim) and that comScore is a place only "smart people belong, like Google (wtf?!)" They also raved about how everyone gets their own laptop, the casual dress code, and free drinks. Quite frankly, it seems like they were trying desperately to think of good reasons to work for their company. When I asked about hours/week, one of the interviewers answered that "the work i so fun, it's basically like play" which sounded like a generous way of saying there is no work-life balance.

Interview Question – Asked me analyze a few charts. I'm not an econ major so they told me to just focus on trends.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I heard back within a week with a lowball offer. I rejected it since I already had a bad taste in my mouth after waiting 45 minutes in the lobby for the interview. Other reasons I turned down the offer: Their obsession with "smart" people was strange - given I understand everyone wants the most intelligent folks in their company, the fact that each interviewer kept bringing it up every 10 minutes was odd. It made comScore sound like a repository of rejects from Silicon Valley. Lack of professionalism in dress and manner was also unimpressive.

Ended up taking a position at another consulting firm that focused the importance of hard work and work-life balance; this company also straightforwardly offered a good 401k, a decent salary, and excellent PTO for volunteering/education. It was refreshing not to have hear HR ramble about free drinks and casual dress codes to sweeten a mediocre deal. What consulting company doesn't offer those things nowadays anyway?

Interviews for Top Jobs at comScore

Worked for comScore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at comScore Data Analyst interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by comScore employees and interview candidates.