comScore

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.8

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

screen interview with recruiter. 1:1 with 2 finance execs.

Interview Questions

I had done my research on the company, specifically reading comments on Glassdoor. I read how company execs lie, how they don't want to pay well, etc. The hiring mgr told me the position was originally a Sr Director role but was downgraded to a Sr Manager role so a financial analyst could also be hired. However, expectations and responsibilities were not downgraded. This just reinforced the behavior I read about on Glassdoor. I didn't want to be a part of a company and team with no moral compass.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at comScore in June 2013.

The process was very smooth and encouraging.

I was contacted initially by the HR director regarding the position which I applied for. They seemed very impressed by my resume.

The HR director was very pleassant to speak to during the phone conversation and at no point made it seem like an interview and it rather sounded like a conversation.

My main interview was the department's director and VP. For some some reason the VP was not able to make it and on a very short notice the controller stepped in to fill his spot.

The director (my immediate supervisor) made me very comfortable during the interview. At some point he would take controller of the conversation but on the other hand allowed me as well to take control accordingly.

The interview with the controller was very technical. He (and along with the rest of the people) seemed very interested in my AOL experience as the work was very unique and similar to this position.

The interview with the VP started off as a technical interview but soon transformed into more of a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • If my current manager was to evaluate me what would he say is my greatest strength and my biggest weakness.   View Answer
    They offered a very good compensation package so I didn't negotiate.

Client Service Analyst Interview

I applied through my university recruiting website. After a basic, very short interview at my school, I was asked to interview at headquarters. I met with four employees, one of which was a recent grad. Only one interviewer asked challenging questions. The entire process was lengthy but fairly straightforward. Many of my peers and I were never contacted with either an offer or denial.

Interview Questions
    • These questions were specific to projects I had completed in school.   Answer Question

Senior Client Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at comScore.

Spoke with HR on the phone. HR generally knows very little about the role so they're only able to ask and answer very generic questions. The in-person interview takes about 3 hours. I took a timed multiple choice test (basically to make sure you're not an idiot), met with 2 Sr. Directors, an SVP and another manager who answered more of the day to day questions. I spoke with the EVP later that week and received an offer within the week.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Since this is a marketing research company, be able to show your previous analyticf experience and work. I brought in old presentations and they loved it.   Answer Question
    They do move very quickly if they want you and are VERY open to negotiations. I negotiated my salary up by over 20%. If you know where you stand with them, don't be afraid to ask for what you want. Also, ask for a signing bonus. It's worth it!

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at comScore.

Interviewed through skype. Talked with VP and he introduced about the company. Went through my resume and questions about my previous project experience.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me some macroeconomics questions and how to use model to handle the problem as well as doing predictions.   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at comScore.

Initial contact from HR was followed up by 2 phone interviews by the Hiring Manager and their Supervisor. An on-site interview with 3 co-workers was part of Round 1 and Round 2 was a presentation at HQ to about a dozen people, including the EVP. Decision-making was swift, but the job description shifted category mid-process.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of a salesperson would you be ? Pick one of 3 toys that you think best represents your personality and explain why.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online – interviewed at comScore in February 2013.

They have four rounds on site. This is after a telephonic / video conferencing interview. Once you are flown to reston you get decent lunch and miscellaneous stuff. Interviews are mostly about projects you have done in the past. Very less coding questions will be asked. Mostly about your past experience.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation is always there since the initial offer in timid.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at comScore.

On-campus interview through university recruiting. Laid back, conversational in nature and interviewer was very friendly. Received a mix of behavioral and functional interview questions. Was not selected for second-round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you faced difficulty working in a group and what you did to overcome the issue.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Asked general questions about position in career and leadership experience. It was a conversation more than an interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at comScore in January 2013.

I applied through their careers section and one of the recruiting team sent an email to me asking details of my career, experience, passion and references to open source projects & stack overflow profile page. I sent the required details and got a call from recruiter for initial screening. It was followed by a phone interview with a Director and then I attended 3 rounds of face to face at their Reston office.

Recruiters were very friendly and the entire process completed in a week. Just hours after the interview when I was returning back to my home, I got a call from the recruiter and he detailed about the offer, salary. Not much of negotiations though, they provided the salary what I was looking. A very pleasant interview process.

Most of the interview questions were very basic and simple to answer. If you have 3 - 4 years of experience in product development, especially with BIG DATA, it is very easy to clear interview.

I got a better offer as well as I was not impressed with the skills of technical interviewers. The nature of questions they asked me were very basic and I thought that there is not much to learn.