comScore

2.9

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at comScore.

there's only one interview for the summer internship, which was held by manager and a current employee. Standard questions are not very hard. Just focus on my past experience. Go into details and some questions on technique skills, but very standard and depends on the position.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at comScore.

First round was on campus - General questions were asked based on resume. Second Round was in Reston Virginia. I had to go through 4 interviews back to back and answer similar questions to all 4 interviewers. I also tried to ask them all different questions so when you go there you better have a huge list of questions. Overall experience was nice but it did seem like they were trying to sell big data a lot.

Interview Questions
    • Given three sets of usage statistic data and had to match them to a customer company based on relevant characteristics   Answer Question

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at comScore.

First round was completely behavioral, really enjoyed the conversation. Invited for final rounds in the Reston office. The experience was painfully awkward and uncomfortable and so I didn't accept the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you gathered large amounts of data and analyzed it.   Answer Question

Product Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at comScore.

Lengthy but quite efficient process but HR people could be more polished.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult, but the interviewer should be technical if they are asking technical question. One person was clearly not technical person pretending to be one but her terminologies were way off. Stick to behavioral questions if you don't know what you are talking about.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

screen interview with recruiter. 1:1 with 2 finance execs.

Interview Questions

I had done my research on the company, specifically reading comments on Glassdoor. I read how company execs lie, how they don't want to pay well, etc. The hiring mgr told me the position was originally a Sr Director role but was downgraded to a Sr Manager role so a financial analyst could also be hired. However, expectations and responsibilities were not downgraded. This just reinforced the behavior I read about on Glassdoor. I didn't want to be a part of a company and team with no moral compass.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at comScore in June 2013.

The process was very smooth and encouraging.

I was contacted initially by the HR director regarding the position which I applied for. They seemed very impressed by my resume.

The HR director was very pleassant to speak to during the phone conversation and at no point made it seem like an interview and it rather sounded like a conversation.

My main interview was the department's director and VP. For some some reason the VP was not able to make it and on a very short notice the controller stepped in to fill his spot.

The director (my immediate supervisor) made me very comfortable during the interview. At some point he would take controller of the conversation but on the other hand allowed me as well to take control accordingly.

The interview with the controller was very technical. He (and along with the rest of the people) seemed very interested in my AOL experience as the work was very unique and similar to this position.

The interview with the VP started off as a technical interview but soon transformed into more of a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • If my current manager was to evaluate me what would he say is my greatest strength and my biggest weakness.   View Answer
    They offered a very good compensation package so I didn't negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online – interviewed at comScore in February 2013.

They have four rounds on site. This is after a telephonic / video conferencing interview. Once you are flown to reston you get decent lunch and miscellaneous stuff. Interviews are mostly about projects you have done in the past. Very less coding questions will be asked. Mostly about your past experience.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation is always there since the initial offer in timid.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at comScore in January 2013.

I applied through their careers section and one of the recruiting team sent an email to me asking details of my career, experience, passion and references to open source projects & stack overflow profile page. I sent the required details and got a call from recruiter for initial screening. It was followed by a phone interview with a Director and then I attended 3 rounds of face to face at their Reston office.

Recruiters were very friendly and the entire process completed in a week. Just hours after the interview when I was returning back to my home, I got a call from the recruiter and he detailed about the offer, salary. Not much of negotiations though, they provided the salary what I was looking. A very pleasant interview process.

Most of the interview questions were very basic and simple to answer. If you have 3 - 4 years of experience in product development, especially with BIG DATA, it is very easy to clear interview.

I got a better offer as well as I was not impressed with the skills of technical interviewers. The nature of questions they asked me were very basic and I thought that there is not much to learn.

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at comScore in October 2012.

Starts with Campus resume drop and OCR. Very basic SQL questions and resume based.
    Then, invited on-site with 3 tech-manager and a 1-year new employee. Reverse Linked list like questions are expected.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at comScore in October 2012.

I was contacted by HR after applying to the position through their official careers website. First there was a short phone screening, followed by a phone and skype interview with the hiring manager. After a mix of walking him through my resume, behavioral questions and technical questions the phone interview was over. 2-3 days later, I received an interview invitation, they paid for my plane ticket and my hotel for 1 night. The interview was with 4 people from the financial forecasting and accounting teams. All their interviewing styles were different. Some asked for my previous experiences, responsibilities and achievements where others asked more behavioral, technical and logic questions.

Interview Questions
    • they briefly described a product that generated revenue according to the client's usage. They gave me a spreadsheet with "variable usage" numbers and asked me how I would approach the issue of developing a forecasting model for that product.   Answer Question