consilium1 Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014
5 interviews

2.4

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at consilium1 in July 2014.

Someone from c1search referred me to an internal position. They had found me on one of the job boards. A few weeks later, she told me about the internal job. I had two phone interviews the next day - with a big wig and then a technical person I would be working with.

Interview Questions

It seemed like their process was a bit disorganized and unprofessional.

I did not even get a formal written job description (other than title) so it was a little tough to ask specific questions (or sound like an idiot). Also, it seemed like a two for one type job - Software Engineer/IT Generalist and they couldn't tell me how much time they spent on each.

They wanted me to give notice to my current employer, but their written offer still had contingencies (background/drug/reference checks) and it seemed like arm twisting to get an extension. The recruiter blew this concern off as no big deal and that I should quit if I had nothing to hide. This goes against all job advice I have read as well as common sense.

I did not also get a chance to talk with what would be my direct supervisor.

I also probably only talked to people there for an hour total before they gave me an offer, which I only had 24 hours to consider.

They wanted me to show up at a client site on my first two days, to get a brain dump of an employee that was leaving, before I had any formal training/exposure/orientation to their systems.

Lastly, their pay and benefits were not sweet enough to make me consider moving. They did not meet a modest (10%) raise I had requested.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at consilium1.

Phone screen from HR rep followed by technical interview with Subject Matter Expert and Account Manager. Difficult questions asked and answered. Follow up phone interview with Sr. Leadership checking in on me while offer was being prepared. Offer was extended and accepted. Process took approximately 1 month.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you were not able to meet client expectations and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    Negotiations were straightforward and fair.

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at consilium1 in January 2011.

Their in house recruiter found my resume and information on Monster or CareerBuilder. I had a phone conversation with the recruiter for about an hour. A few days later I had a technical interview that lasted about an hour and was mostly geared towards me describing previous work. The face to face interview came next and was with one Manager and the Director. The last part was a non-formal conversation with their VP who confirmed their offer.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was short. They were more than happy to meet my needs and wanted to get me on board as quickly as possible.

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at consilium1 in December 2010.

I was contacted by the company by email asking me to call them, because they had several job opportunities. They saw my resume on one of the major job sites. I called and was given a brief interview, and then an appointment was set for me to talk to the Professional Recruiter. I waited by the phone for the recruiter at the agreed upon time, and the recruiter never called...

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Miamisburg, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

The process took 1 week - interviewed at consilium1 in February 2009.

I got a call from on of the recruiters form Cincinnati branch I guess they found my resume on monster. I was asked few screening question which were pretty simple. They asked me about my current and previous projects. Next I was asked to come down for a personal interview. 1st round was personal HR. 2nd round was Technical round where I was asked few questions about my job responsibilities at my previous projects. Later they asked few question on struts, hibernate, oops concepts, web 2.0. 3rd round was with the manger and it was tech too... Over all the interview went fine

Interview Questions

They call me for another interview with the client where I was going to be placed but I had to decline the offer as the pay was quite less.

Worked for consilium1? Contribute to the Community!