cybercoders

Relevance Date Difficulty

Various Software Engineer Positions Interview

Various Software Engineer Positions
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at cybercoders in April 2014.

Interview Details – What process? For years this company and its various recruiters have contacted me mainly by email about openings. I used to respond back via email but never heard back. Never. From any of them. So I eventually just ignored them. So then over the last year or so I noticed that they started calling instead of emailing. But then I noticed that if I did not answer I never heard back from them. Just in the last 2 weeks 3 Cybercoder recruiters have contacted me about jobs that I have experience in and they even said so in their messages. Two of them disappeared after their initial voice mail calls. I called them back twice each leaving messages. Never to this day did I hear from them. Then a third recruiter emailed and called. I initially ignored her. But she to my surprise called a second time. I answered that call. Spoke to her. She asked me about 2 general questions--what is your salary range and what are you looking for? Then she told me about the company she was hiring for etc. Some details. She set up an interview with their HR director for two days later. I spoke to him about nothing really. He asked me if I had any questions before he asked me. I asked 3 very specific questions. He talked a very long time and at length in response to each and said that those were good questions and what he was going to "get into" when it was his "turn". He was nice. He said things sounded great and if I liked what I heard to tell the cybercoders interviewer I was interested so she would set up a technical assessment and a personality assessment. I emailed her after the call. 4 days went by. Never heard from her. I called her the next week and left a voice mail following up. The next day she emailed me and told me that they decided to "go with another candidate that was a better fit". No joke. I have no idea what is going on with this company. But they are just weird to me. A complete waste of my time and have proven it over the years.

Interview Question – There wasn't one. All were very generic and general.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at cybercoders

Interview Details – Two phone interviews and one on-site interview

Interview Question – Explain how to add a node on Heap tree.   Answer Question

IOS Developer Interview

IOS Developer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at cybercoders in July 2013.

Interview Details – I thought Cybercoders was a scam.

They advertise jobs for which I perfectly qualified, but I never received a call from a recruiter. They'd send an email that said I didn't meet the qualifications. And yet the positions are still advertised for months - a couple for almost a year.

I know the iOS dev community in Chicago, in addition to other .NET developers, and I don't know anyone who has ever gotten a job through this company.

A couple months ago I finally got a call, but it really wasn't to interview me for the position for which I applied. It was a marketing call. The "recruiter" asked me a lot of questions about what I was looking for, what kinds of jobs, what my high/low salary range was. Emphasized "rock bottom price."

He asked a lot of questions about my pre-iOS dev experience (.NET), but didn't ask ANY questions about iOS! He didn't really understand my answers. I know that many technical recruiters have no technical background and think if they know a few buzz words that they're talking tech, but this recruiter was pretty clueless.

And any time I asked a question, he said, "I'll get to that."

Finally I called him on it. He claimed he was trying to make sure there was a "cultural fit" between me and the potential employer.

After 40 mins of getting no where answering questions, no information given to me, I ended the interview.

Interview Question – They were all pretty standard, useless questions. No insightful questions.   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at cybercoders.

Interview Details – I applied directly to CyberCoders back in 2011. Phone interview and then an Onsite interview with direct manager and Heidi. At the end of the interview the manager tells you to send an email to Heidi with a thank you. Who demands a thank you? The interview process was easy I didn't feel like there was anything out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. All questions were very standard - background, how you can contribute, how do you keep yourself motivated, how many requisitions do you work on, what is the hardest requisition, how do you overcome difficult requisitions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation phase. They send you the offer letter which outlines the Commission structure and the Draw-Against-Commission structure.

Executive Recruiter

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at cybercoders in April 2013.

Interview Details – 1) Phone
2) In-person

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a recruiter?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at cybercoders in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for a job at CyberCoders as an Executive Recruiter. Shortly after, I received a call from a Director and we discussed my background, my interests in CyberCoders, and what a path to success at CyberCoders looks like. Later that week, I visited the Irvine HQ and met with a Director as well as CyberCoders CEO, Heidi Golledge. I was asked several questions about my relevant experience, why I wanted this job, and how driven I am to be successful. After leaving the interview, I wrote a thank you note to Heidi and addressed any concern that CyberCoders would have regarding my limited experience. I also detailed the expectations I had for myself to ensure to them that I would be a great hire. So far, I've lived up to everything I wrote and then some.

Interview Question – This is the premier sales job in the country. If you don't have an answer for every question in the world, no matter the platform, you may not be ready for sales.   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at cybercoders in November 2011.

Interview Details – While working with another recruiting agency I was contacted by Tanya (an internal recruiter) about working with CyberCoders and only reached back out after I had reached my wit's end with my old employer. I came into the CyberCoders office for a meeting with one of the VPs of recruiting and also spent time with the CEO before being asked back for a meeting with my current manager. I received an offer approximately 2 days later.

Interview Question – I was asked about my lack of production with my old firm and why I did not find the right levels of success.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation - the offer was way better than anything I had ever accepted.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Senior Recruiter
Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at cybercoders in July 2009.

Interview Details – It's much more different now than when I was hired in 2005. They just went over my experience and what types of industries I served in the past. I think more than anything they were trying to gauge my personality.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at cybercoders in July 2013.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone screen that lasted roughly 30 minutes. At the end of the phone screen, I was invited for an in person interview in which I met with numerous managers. I was offered the job on the spot! Very quick turnaround.

Interview Question – Why CyberCoders?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through other source - interviewed at cybercoders in December 2012.

Interview Details – Forget about this company. Including this MacPheeters "recruiter." It is all about $ and zero compassion to their candidates.

Interview Question – Are you married? Are you available?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at cybercoders

Worked for cybercoders? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at cybercoders interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by cybercoders employees and interview candidates.