dELiA*s

Updated Nov 15, 2014

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at dELiA*s.

I applied in person had an interview with the store manager received a phone interview from the district manager in Texas. Average questions, What is customer service to you, tell me about a time you had conflict. tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a customer..

I asked for $13.00 and the district manager offered $13.50

Other Interview Reviews for dELiA*s

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at dELiA*s in January 2012.

Arrived on time at 10AM on Saturday. Was told to wait while store manager finished paperwork. Perused the store for a few minutes. Noticed the lack of customer traffic. Greeted by the manager. Taken to the back. The interview was pretty basic with typical questions. I think there was more talk about the manager's goals and expectancies than questions about my work ethic. In fact, the interview was so simple because she did most of the talking. We discussed briefly about the brands and she winged back into talking about her goals for the store. She also kept reiterating her desire for diversity. Was told I would get a call from the district manager for a phone interview. Left the STILL empty dELIA*s at 1PM. Never received that call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at dELiA*s in March 2011.

very long process. you have to go through 3 interviews before you are hired. Usually the first one is with the store manager, second is with the dm, and the third is a phone interview with the regional.

Interview Questions
    there is no negotiation, they pay you as little as they can.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at dELiA*s in October 2009.

I applied online and had an interview with the store manager. It lasted about 15-20 minutes. In a hour I got a call back asking to do a second phone interview with the district manager. I had the interview the next day. A day later I was made an offer and I accepted.