dELiA*s Fashion Representative Interview Questions

2.1

Fashion Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at dELiA*s in March 2014.

Interview

The whole hiring process was really relaxed and actually enjoyable. I turned in my application and resume to the hiring manager -who is extremely friendly and awesome- and then later that days was called to be in a group interview. At the interview she asked us all pretty standard questions, then about fashion, and questions about different scenarios we would most likely be put into. About a week after that I received a call saying she was offering me a position! Sadly I had to turn in down because of a job offering I accepted the day after the group interview :( It would have been a joy to be part of the team though!!!

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the outfit you chose today and how does it go along with the current trends?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for dELiA*s

Fashion Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at dELiA*s.

Interview

I knew a girl who worked at the store, she put in a good word, and I later came in to ask for an application. I don't even think I filled one out, I just came in for my interview three days later, was asked a few questions, and hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was minimum wage, and it was not nearly enough.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at dELiA*s (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

It was a group interview and they had me answer questions like what is the best store to shop at in the mall and why. What is the worst. What are your strengths and weaknesses/

Interview Questions

• They had me pick out an outfit   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at dELiA*s (Bolingbrook, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Group interview with 4-5 other girls, all around 16-20. Store manager sat us all down and we had an open group discussion with different questions. Later was told being the most outspoken was a high point to why I got the job. Store manager went around the group asking questions such as best customer service experience, favorite designer, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at dELiA*s (Paramus, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

Make sure your outfit is nice, but you can totally wear jeans. Wear something that fits into the Delia's style, but make sure you keep you're own flair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at dELiA*s (Natick, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

Delia's hires regularly because no one really wants to stay there. Its not hard to get a job here. Just be nice on your interview, the manager seems really nice and it is a group interview so it's nothing to worry about. Try to dress similarly to their style, I wore a really cute dress with nice shoes. They want to see that you can represent their style and make stylistic choices of your own. The job ultimately is to sell people as many items for as much money as humanly possible, so on my interview we were asked to create a casual look that was cohesive and versatile in order to optimize sales.

Interview Questions

• If you could go to any country and learn any language which country and what language?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at dELiA*s (Charlotte, NC) in June 2009.

Interview

The interview was a casual group interview, with about 10 other people. It was with the store manager. Sometimes you had to compete with the others to have your answer heard, other times we went around in a circle to answer the questions. There wasn't really any experience based questions, just mostly questions about yourself.

Fashion Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at dELiA*s in July 2012.

Interview

I printed out the application online and handed it in the store in person. The interview was scheduled immediately and was to be held four days later. The actual interview was about an hour long and was a group interview with five other applicants. The manager explained that the group interview was important because she wants to see how we interact with one another and how comfortable we are talking while there are people around us. She talked about expectations and appropriate and expected attire for the job. Below are the questions that she asked: --Choose 3 adjectives to describe yourself -- What do you do when you're stressed? How would you prepare yourself mentally for work if you were stressed before hand? --What do you think customer service is? -- If money isn't an issue, where would you like to travel and what language would you like to learn?

Interview Questions

• The questions themselves were not difficult. The only challenge was making sure your answer was unique because there were five other people answering too. I tried to be one of the first or earlier speakers if possible.   Answer Question