dELiA*s Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at dELiA*s.

For my seasonal position I was called back after submitting an application and invited to a group interview in a couple days. When I got there it was me and about 4 other girls, the manager, and one of her senior employees. They asked a lot of questions like our opinions on giving friends discounts, asking a coworker to clock us in when we're not at work yet, our hobbies, what we think "Delia" would be like, things like that. The questions weren't very difficult, they were basically questions determining what kind of employee you would be and what your personality was like. They then gave us all a scenario, and told us to go through the store and pick out an outfit for that scenario. When we'd finished we were asked to explain why we picked the outfit we did. Afterwards we were asked to submit a reference and told we would be contacted shortly if we were going to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you think Delia would be like, if she were a real girl?"   View Answer
    There wasn't really any negotiating, as a seasonal employee I understood that this was their offer, minimum wage on an hourly basis, and that was just what seasonal employees got at this company.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at dELiA*s in April 2011.

Interview was very pleasant, Asked regular based questions i.e.:: Biggest accomplishments? Where you see yourself in a near future? Are you willing to relocate? Talk to me what you didn't like the most in your previous job?

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at dELiA*s in November 2012.

First interview with the store manager. the second interview with the district manager. I received a call with a job offer within 2 days. I started my first day within 3 days.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at dELiA*s in June 2014.

I went in for a group interview with 6 other girls. The manager told us that she was conducting 4 group interviews that weekend and selecting 5-6 girls. We went around the group introducing ourselves and previous jobs. The manager then told us that she would ask us a number of questions and each person could answer as they'd like. There was no order as to who responded to the question. Make and effort to have you voice heard, as it can be a little difficult with so many girls. Also, I tried to keep my responses unique from the other girls.

Minimum wage-no negotiation

Co-Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at dELiA*s.

I had a phone interview with the district manager then a second interview with another store manager. I was offered the job the next day. The entire process was fast.

Interview Questions
    • It was mostly just "tell me about yourself" and "what are your strengths and weaknesses".   Answer Question
    They offered what I asked

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Henrico, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henrico, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at dELiA*s in November 2013.

I applied and interviewed twice. The first time was a large group interview in the back room where they stored clothes. There were around eight different girls. They all asked us a series of questions, it was hard to keep your answer unique since there were so many different voices. The second time I interviewed it was with one other girl and management. They asked us the same questions and waited to hear our answers. It is very important that you dress nicely if you want to get the job here!! The first time I applied I wore a blouse and jeans and I didn't get the job. The second time I applied, I wore a dress and the other girl wore jeans and t-shirt; the other girl had more experience in retail, but I got hired and she didn't.

Interview Questions
    • What set's Delia's apart from other clothing stores/ what made you want to apply to Delia's rather than the competition.   View Answer
    They told me the pay and I accepted it. No negotiation. Flat rate

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at dELiA*s in November 2012.

My friend recommended me for the job, and I showed up to a group interview. They were very friendly and asked some basic questions about my personality and my experience. They also asked how I deal with problems and what I do to make decisions. They basically try to assess how well you will work with co-workers, and how you will work with customers.

Fashion Representative/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at dELiA*s in April 2014.

Came on early & turned in my application then started the interview after she helped some customers.

Interview Questions
    • They had me create two outfits. One describing me, one for a 17 year old girl going on a cruise. And then put back every item as I found it & tell why I picked it.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation for me.

Fashion Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at dELiA*s in March 2014.

The whole hiring process was really relaxed and actually enjoyable. I turned in my application and resume to the hiring manager -who is extremely friendly and awesome- and then later that days was called to be in a group interview. At the interview she asked us all pretty standard questions, then about fashion, and questions about different scenarios we would most likely be put into. About a week after that I received a call saying she was offering me a position! Sadly I had to turn in down because of a job offering I accepted the day after the group interview :( It would have been a joy to be part of the team though!!!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose the outfit you chose today and how does it go along with the current trends?   Answer Question

Lead Fashion Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at dELiA*s in June 2012.

It was a group interview at first (for seasonal fashion rep) but as I made my way to fashionista, I had my interview with the DM. Then

Interview Questions
    • Like the what would you do situations because most of the time I had never been in that situation before.   Answer Question

Worked for dELiA*s? Contribute to the Community!