dELiA*s

39 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at dELiA*s in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was very pleasant, Asked regular based questions i.e.:: Biggest accomplishments? Where you see yourself in a near future? Are you willing to relocate? Talk to me what you didn't like the most in your previous job?

Interview Question – no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at dELiA*s in November 2012.

Interview Details – First interview with the store manager. the second interview with the district manager. I received a call with a job offer within 2 days. I started my first day within 3 days.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at dELiA*s in June 2014.

Interview Details – I went in for a group interview with 6 other girls. The manager told us that she was conducting 4 group interviews that weekend and selecting 5-6 girls. We went around the group introducing ourselves and previous jobs. The manager then told us that she would ask us a number of questions and each person could answer as they'd like. There was no order as to who responded to the question. Make and effort to have you voice heard, as it can be a little difficult with so many girls. Also, I tried to keep my responses unique from the other girls.

Interview Question – How do you feel about employee stealing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage-no negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at dELiA*s.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the district manager then a second interview with another store manager. I was offered the job the next day. The entire process was fast.

Interview Question – It was mostly just "tell me about yourself" and "what are your strengths and weaknesses".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered what I asked

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Henrico, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at dELiA*s in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied and interviewed twice. The first time was a large group interview in the back room where they stored clothes. There were around eight different girls. They all asked us a series of questions, it was hard to keep your answer unique since there were so many different voices. The second time I interviewed it was with one other girl and management. They asked us the same questions and waited to hear our answers. It is very important that you dress nicely if you want to get the job here!! The first time I applied I wore a blouse and jeans and I didn't get the job. The second time I applied, I wore a dress and the other girl wore jeans and t-shirt; the other girl had more experience in retail, but I got hired and she didn't.

Interview Question – What set's Delia's apart from other clothing stores/ what made you want to apply to Delia's rather than the competition.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told me the pay and I accepted it. No negotiation. Flat rate

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at dELiA*s in November 2012.

Interview Details – My friend recommended me for the job, and I showed up to a group interview. They were very friendly and asked some basic questions about my personality and my experience. They also asked how I deal with problems and what I do to make decisions. They basically try to assess how well you will work with co-workers, and how you will work with customers.

Interview Question – What do you do to cope with a bad day/mood?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Fashion Representative/Sales Associate Interview

Fashion Representative/Sales Associate
Charleston, WV

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at dELiA*s in April 2014.

Interview Details – Came on early & turned in my application then started the interview after she helped some customers.

Interview Question – They had me create two outfits. One describing me, one for a 17 year old girl going on a cruise. And then put back every item as I found it & tell why I picked it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for me.

Fashion Representative Interview

Fashion Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at dELiA*s in March 2014.

Interview Details – The whole hiring process was really relaxed and actually enjoyable. I turned in my application and resume to the hiring manager -who is extremely friendly and awesome- and then later that days was called to be in a group interview. At the interview she asked us all pretty standard questions, then about fashion, and questions about different scenarios we would most likely be put into. About a week after that I received a call saying she was offering me a position! Sadly I had to turn in down because of a job offering I accepted the day after the group interview :( It would have been a joy to be part of the team though!!!

Interview Question – Why did you choose the outfit you chose today and how does it go along with the current trends?   Answer Question

Lead Fashion Representative Interview

Lead Fashion Representative
Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at dELiA*s in June 2012.

Interview Details – It was a group interview at first (for seasonal fashion rep) but as I made my way to fashionista, I had my interview with the DM. Then

Interview Question – Like the what would you do situations because most of the time I had never been in that situation before.   Answer Question

Fashion Representative Interview

Fashion Representative
Bolingbrook, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at dELiA*s in April 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview with 4-5 other girls, all around 16-20. Store manager sat us all down and we had an open group discussion with different questions. Later was told being the most outspoken was a high point to why I got the job. Store manager went around the group asking questions such as best customer service experience, favorite designer, etc.

Interview Question – To create an outfit for a specific occasion   Answer Question

Worked for dELiA*s? Contribute to the Community!