dELiA*s

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at dELiA*s in June 2014.

Interview Details – I went in for a group interview with 6 other girls. The manager told us that she was conducting 4 group interviews that weekend and selecting 5-6 girls. We went around the group introducing ourselves and previous jobs. The manager then told us that she would ask us a number of questions and each person could answer as they'd like. There was no order as to who responded to the question. Make and effort to have you voice heard, as it can be a little difficult with so many girls. Also, I tried to keep my responses unique from the other girls.

Interview Question – How do you feel about employee stealing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage-no negotiation

Paramus, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at dELiA*s.

Interview Details – It was very easy to talk to the manager who interviewed. She was very friendly and asked the typical job interview questions. I can't recall any of the questions considering it was over a year ago, but I didn't feel nervous. The one question I remember is "Why do you want to work here?" Which is a pretty easy question to answer in all honesty.

Interview Question – I was told to make an outfit using their clothes in the store and sell the outfit to the interviewer. It was a fun and challenging task.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a take it or leave it kinda thing.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at dELiA*s in June 2012.

Interview Details – put in my application she told me to come and hour later and after a few basic questions I was hired.

Negotiation Details – she told me the highest she could go was $8 with my experience.

Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at dELiA*s in August 2012.

Interview Details – It was a group interview and there were a lot of girls that went. First the manager introduced herself then she told us to give our name,phone number, age and the times and day we were available to work. Then, she asked if we had any experience.

Interview Question – Well she asked and like talk to everyone except she didn't ask me anything for some reason or maybe she forget since it was a lot of girls and what I like is that they train you there and they hire you first as seasonal so you'll work first for only 1 day a week which is like a 5 hour shift and she asked if anyone wouldn't want to work for a day then they could leave the interview then the other manager who will train us introduce herself and ask some questions as well. also they asked if anyone shops there also she mentioned how some stand out when they first arrive because they seem to be like a happy person giving off like good energy which is what they want their sales associates to like be. also they asked if you knew anyone who worked there.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at dELiA*s in June 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty simple and easy. At first I loved working there, at this point: I hate it. Things have changed and its different when you look at it from the outside but when you are dealing with the whole manager crew face to face. Its intimidating!

Interview Question – How would you approach a customer on floor?   View Answer

Chesterfield, MO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at dELiA*s in August 2009.

Interview Details – I walked in and asked to speak to a manager. I spoke to the manager and told her that I was interested in applying for a position as a sales associate. After I finished filling out an application, the manager gave me her business card with the interview date and time written on it. When I came in, she interviewed me in the back room. She asked me a few questions and told me she would call me by Friday to let me know her decision. She didn't get back to me until Sunday and told me that I was hired.

Interview Question – How do you feel about stealing?   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at dELiA*s in January 2008.

Interview Details – The store manager approached me, asked me to come in for an interview, and set the date with me. She took me to the back of the store, asked me about my work experience and what word i would use to describe myself. Pleased at my enthusiasm and candor, she took me out front and tested my sales abilities, then offered me a position on the spot.

Interview Question – what five words would best describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no, starting is starting, minimum wage. but you get a raise every 6 months.

Arlington, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at dELiA*s in February 2010.

Interview Details – They don't accept online applications, so I called to make sure they were hiring, The manager said she had a group interview in two days and allowed me to join. I went and brought a printed application and a resume attached to it. Four people were there including me, a girl that was also being interviewed just turned in her application that day. I wore jeans, a button down floral shirt, and black flats. Two guys were there, one wore purple pants and the other a scarf. (Delia's is a woman's store) The manager said they rarely hire guys. Just be outgoing, and know what you're talking about. I called back a few days after the interview and didn't get the job. If you don't get the job, it's okay. It's now been a month and I have 3 job interviews in two days in the worst time for finding jobs. So don't give up and don't rely on one job interview.

Interview Questions

• Give us 5 sentences on why we should hire you.   View Answer
  • If you could be one famous person for a day, who would you want to be and why? and you cannot say The President.   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at dELiA*s in July 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out my application and then they said that I could come in the next week for an interview at 3. I showed up at 2:50 and there were two other girls waiting while the manager was looking for a clipboard. She had already lost the resume that I submitted with my application, so I gave her a new one. She asked for our names, phone numbers, and then days that we would not be available to work. Then she said she would give us a call on Monday about whether or not we would be given the job. On Monday I did not receive a call so I called them around 4PM. They said they were still deciding and that they would call me later in the week. I waited until Thursday until I called again and she asked who I had interviewed with and she did not remember who I was. She explained that she had already hired too many people and that I should call her two weeks before black Friday to see if they had an opening. Overall a frustrating experience.

Interview Question – When are you available to work?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at dELiA*s in May 2012.

Interview Details – I went in to fill out an application, turned it in right away and was told there was a group interview later that day, so I went. I got there about 10 minutes early and there was already another girl there, so we talked as we waited for the others to arrive. There were 5 of us in total. To start the interview we had to introduce each other, then we were asked questions about ourselves (fun, silly questions at first, then the more serious ones), we had to pick out an outfit, and then we went over stuff about the store.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at dELiA*s

Worked for dELiA*s? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at dELiA*s Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by dELiA*s employees and interview candidates.