Data Engineer Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

59 Companies: 13 of 59

See the latest Facebook Jobs

64 Interview Questions: 110 of 64 Sort by

Jul 8, 2014

Interview Question for Healthcare Data Engineer at SCIO Health Analytics:

“"Why are you wasting my time if you are not prepared to accept an offer today?"”

Jul 5, 2014

Interview Question for Data Engineer at Apple:

“create market basket output from sql.”

Jun 10, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at J.D. Power:

“Most of the questions were personal type questions - "tell me about your background," and about how I would handle different scenarios.”

May 28, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Square Root:

“There weren't any difficult questions. Folks were nice about the whole process, though the process lasted quite a while (over 4 weeks).”

Apr 30, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Epic Systems Corporation:

“The most challenging question was: Tell me about a time when something didn't work out the way you wanted it to. Difficult because it was so open-ended and I hadn't really prepared for it.”

Apr 30, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Think Big Analytics:

“Most people get too focused on the details. Be confident. if you know the answer right away you are probably correct - don't second guess yourself. Also, show your work, Think Big likes to understand…”

Apr 1, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Facebook:

“A lot of SQL questions. General knowledge about how you would handle large amounts of data.”

Mar 30, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at TransUnion:

“Given a multiple projects how would you prioritize them?”

Mar 21, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Comcast:

“Nothing out of the order if you know your stuff”

Mar 13, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at C3 Energy:

“Be ready for mathematical formulation questions. Whiteboard coding is a must. The culture is more buttoned-down than the typical jeans-and-tshirt tech startup.”

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Data Engineer interview questions and reviews. All 64 interview questions posted anonymously by employees and interview candidates.