data structures Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

107 Interview Questions: 1120 of 107 Sort by

Mar 22, 2013

Interview Question for Intern at NetApp:

“Personally, I found the brain-teaser about finding the lightest ball (mentioned above) the hardest. But my interviewer was more interested in my way of thinking and of approaching the problem and not…”

Feb 16, 2013

Interview Question for Backend Engineer at Gild:

“The platform reject any kind of trivial solution so they must scale to be considered correct.”

Feb 10, 2013

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer Intern at Amazon.com:

“I was asked two questions.
Q 1. You are given two version numbers of a software, like Version 10.3.4 and Version 10.3.41. Write a program to find out which of the version numbers are the latest. If…”

Feb 1, 2013

Interview Question for Software Engineer - New Grad at IXL Learning:

“There's a monthly raffle in a middle school. A winner is picked for each grade. How would you store and then select a random winner each month?”

Jan 27, 2013

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer II at Microsoft:

“Design a scheduler to run many functions at different times. It needs to (obviously) be thread-safe. Each task which is scheduled to run will have a time stamp, containing a desired execution time…”

Dec 8, 2012

Interview Question for Financial Software Developer at Bloomberg L.P.:

“Given 10 cups to locate the bottle poisoned wine from a batch of normal ones, you can make any mixture of them and test your mixtures by mouses. However the density of poison in the mixture, the…”

Dec 5, 2012

Interview Question for Software Engineer at Facebook:

“"Reverse" of the problem if finding k-th smallest element in a tree: I had to find k-th largest.”

Dec 4, 2012

Interview Question for Temp Verification Engineering Intern at Cavium Networks:

“Please describe what are linked list, binary tree and hash table. What are the differences? What's the average number of nodes I should search before I reach my target (Big O)?”

Nov 16, 2012

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer Intern at Citrix Systems:

“Design stack using double pointers and a simple question on string manipulation”

Nov 6, 2012

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer at Amazon Lab126:

“Reverse words in the string with special punctuation. Some problems about binary search tree.”

Glassdoor is your free inside look at data structures interview questions and reviews. All 107 interview questions posted anonymously by employees and interview candidates.