data structures Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

111 Interview Questions: 2130 of 111 Sort by

Dec 5, 2012

Interview Question for Software Engineer at Facebook:

“"Reverse" of the problem if finding k-th smallest element in a tree: I had to find k-th largest.”

Dec 4, 2012

Interview Question for Anonymous at Cavium Networks:

“Please describe what are linked list, binary tree and hash table. What are the differences? What's the average number of nodes I should search before I reach my target (Big O)?”

Nov 16, 2012

Interview Question for Anonymous at Citrix Systems:

“Design stack using double pointers and a simple question on string manipulation”

Nov 6, 2012

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer at Amazon Lab126:

“Reverse words in the string with special punctuation. Some problems about binary search tree.”

Nov 1, 2012

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer at Microsoft:

“You are given an array of integers 'A' and a number 'x'. Find the largest values in 'A' such that it is smaller than 'x'.”

Aug 27, 2012

Interview Question for Anonymous at Expedia:

1 of 1 found helpful

“Give me 5 different ways of finding the median (middle element) of a linked list. For the sake of simplicity, assume the list has odd number of ints. Also mention the runtime for each.

Aug 15, 2012

Interview Question for Software Engineer at TripAdvisor:

“Count duplicates in a binary tree”

Jul 4, 2012

Interview Question for Principal Software Engineer at Zynga:

“Implement a distributed hash table. Discuss how it will scale horizontally, how it might implement redundancy, and what kind of reliability guarantees it can make.”

Jul 4, 2012

Interview Question for Principal Software Engineer at Zynga:

“Suppose you need a chat system with 10M concurrent users, with a dense adjacency matrix. How would you implement a presence and chat system that scales to that kind of user base? Discuss tradeoffs…”

Jun 23, 2012

Interview Question for Anonymous at Amazon.com:

“Write a function that returns the depth of a tree.”