dd's DISCOUNTS Interview Questions

1.6

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Gate, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Gate, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in July 2014.

I applied online and the process only took one day, I received a called the next day to schedule an interview, In my interview the manager asked me quite a few simple questions, towards the end of the interview he offer me the job and said if I passed the background check he would contact me, which I did n 3 days later I was called for orientation were I was asked to sign paperwork and watched policy, safety videos.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you?
      What does fast-paced means to you?
      Tell me about yourself?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation
    Retail associates pay is $ 9.00

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Applied online and received a call back a few days later from the Assistant Store Manager to scheduled an interview. Interviewed with ASM first and SM last. Both were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, they offered to pay minimum wage, as expected but put an emphasis on moving up "fairly quickly" and pay raises based on performance and attendance.

Store Manager Interview

Normal interviewing process that had 3 interviews with reference and background check. Simple but long process and when hired training is very little. Should be familiar with off price retail to adapt easily to processes to be successful.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in April 2014.

I applied online, i was called within a week to come in for interview. I had a second interview with the district manager and I got the job. Questions were asked like "tell me a time when you had to discipline someone"

no room for negotiation

Sdfkjlds Interview

Didn;t really have an interview, just pretty much got the job upon entrance

non negotiated

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covina, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covina, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in November 2013.

For college recruiting it was a three interview process. They will ask about 10 behavioral type questions all starting with "Tell me about a time" so be ready to give very specific questions based on STAR. If you master that you'll do great.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have a conflict with someone else.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in October 2013.

Very very very easy to be employed here. All you have to say is that you'll get the job done. Applied, called, interviewed, hired, process took one whole day. That easy.

They negotiated about my work schedule, pay was non-negotiable.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in August 2013.

The interviews are brief and calculating. Low pay & night hours to being with. Do not balk at being asked if you have open availability.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding open availability really are meant to weed out persons who truly would not be able to be reliable.   View Answer

Associate Interview

Got a call not even a week afte turning in y application online. Maager made me wait since there were other candidates. I was asked basic questions and they were very easy. Manager was very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in April 2013.

Apply at RossStores.com and if you qualify they will call you in for an interview. It took about 2 weeks from the time I applied for them to call me for an interview. You come in for that interview, they ask you some typical interview questions (What do you know about dd's? Why do you wanna work here? Tell me about yourself.), and if you make it for a second interview that is basically your background check (meaning you are highly considered!). If you pass the background check they will call you for a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • It was sorta terrifying that the store manager was at the second interview! You gotta impress HIM to get in! (He's really nice it's just a little intimidating because he's the big boss, you know?) When he asks you what do you know about dd's DON'T say it is a discount or a bargain store! (Even though it is...lol) He somehow sounded offended/appalled/flabbergasted by that & tried so hard to prove me wrong on that despite I memorized that word for word right from their website career page.   View Answer
    N/A.