dd's DISCOUNTS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
South Gate, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and the process only took one day, I received a called the next day to schedule an interview, In my interview the manager asked me quite a few simple questions, towards the end of the interview he offer me the job and said if I passed the background check he would contact me, which I did n 3 days later I was called for orientation were I was asked to sign paperwork and watched policy, safety videos.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?
What does fast-paced means to you?
Tell me about yourself?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation
Retail associates pay is $ 9.00

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS

Interview Details – Normal interviewing process that had 3 interviews with reference and background check. Simple but long process and when hired training is very little. Should be familiar with off price retail to adapt easily to processes to be successful.

Negotiation Details – No

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, i was called within a week to come in for interview. I had a second interview with the district manager and I got the job. Questions were asked like "tell me a time when you had to discipline someone"

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no room for negotiation

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in February 2012.

Interview Details – fast and quick, relatively easy. ask you the usual behavioral question..how to deal with an unsatisfied customer. what are your weaknesses, what are your strengths

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for dd's Discounts.   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA

I applied online - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in March 2011.

Interview Details – The Interview was short and with determination

Interview Question – There were no difficulties or Question that could not be answered.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – During that time, the offer was only for seasonal position; yet, I was offered a permanent part time position.

Sdfkjlds Interview

Sdfkjlds

Interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS

Interview Details – Didn;t really have an interview, just pretty much got the job upon entrance

Negotiation Details – non negotiated

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Covina, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in November 2013.

Interview Details – For college recruiting it was a three interview process. They will ask about 10 behavioral type questions all starting with "Tell me about a time" so be ready to give very specific questions based on STAR. If you master that you'll do great.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you have a conflict with someone else.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in September 2012.

Interview Details – Be well dressed and be on 20 minutes early.

Sacramento, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interviews are brief and calculating. Low pay & night hours to being with. Do not balk at being asked if you have open availability.

Interview Question – Questions regarding open availability really are meant to weed out persons who truly would not be able to be reliable.   View Answer

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate
Vallejo, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in April 2013.

Interview Details – Apply at RossStores.com and if you qualify they will call you in for an interview. It took about 2 weeks from the time I applied for them to call me for an interview. You come in for that interview, they ask you some typical interview questions (What do you know about dd's? Why do you wanna work here? Tell me about yourself.), and if you make it for a second interview that is basically your background check (meaning you are highly considered!). If you pass the background check they will call you for a job offer.

Interview Question – It was sorta terrifying that the store manager was at the second interview! You gotta impress HIM to get in! (He's really nice it's just a little intimidating because he's the big boss, you know?) When he asks you what do you know about dd's DON'T say it is a discount or a bargain store! (Even though it is...lol) He somehow sounded offended/appalled/flabbergasted by that & tried so hard to prove me wrong on that despite I memorized that word for word right from their website career page.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A.

Interviews for Top Jobs at dd's DISCOUNTS

Worked for dd's DISCOUNTS? Contribute to the Community!