dd's DISCOUNTS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in February 2012.

Interview Details – fast and quick, relatively easy. ask you the usual behavioral question..how to deal with an unsatisfied customer. what are your weaknesses, what are your strengths

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for dd's Discounts.   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA

I applied online - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in March 2011.

Interview Details – The Interview was short and with determination

Interview Question – There were no difficulties or Question that could not be answered.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – During that time, the offer was only for seasonal position; yet, I was offered a permanent part time position.

Sdfkjlds Interview

Interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS

Interview Details – Didn;t really have an interview, just pretty much got the job upon entrance

Negotiation Details – non negotiated

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Covina, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in November 2013.

Interview Details – For college recruiting it was a three interview process. They will ask about 10 behavioral type questions all starting with "Tell me about a time" so be ready to give very specific questions based on STAR. If you master that you'll do great.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you have a conflict with someone else.   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interviews are brief and calculating. Low pay & night hours to being with. Do not balk at being asked if you have open availability.

Interview Question – Questions regarding open availability really are meant to weed out persons who truly would not be able to be reliable.   View Answer

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Vallejo, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in April 2013.

Interview Details – Apply at RossStores.com and if you qualify they will call you in for an interview. It took about 2 weeks from the time I applied for them to call me for an interview. You come in for that interview, they ask you some typical interview questions (What do you know about dd's? Why do you wanna work here? Tell me about yourself.), and if you make it for a second interview that is basically your background check (meaning you are highly considered!). If you pass the background check they will call you for a job offer.

Interview Question – It was sorta terrifying that the store manager was at the second interview! You gotta impress HIM to get in! (He's really nice it's just a little intimidating because he's the big boss, you know?) When he asks you what do you know about dd's DON'T say it is a discount or a bargain store! (Even though it is...lol) He somehow sounded offended/appalled/flabbergasted by that & tried so hard to prove me wrong on that despite I memorized that word for word right from their website career page.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A.

Associate Interview

Interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS

Interview Details – Got a call not even a week afte turning in y application online. Maager made me wait since there were other candidates. I was asked basic questions and they were very easy. Manager was very laid back.

Interview Question – Describe how you would deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

Retail Associate

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interview questions are basic and work related experience. After completing interview background checks are completed.

Interview Question – The does the organization of the store effect the store performance   Answer Question

Marietta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in May 2012.

Interview Details – Tell me about yourself?
Why do you want to work for us?
Tell me about a time you to deal with an irate customer?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Why is recovery so important?
Describe what great customer service is?

Cashier Interview

Anaheim, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in June 2011.

Interview Details – Was very simple I showed up at the building in which they were conducting interviews and they asked my the basic question.
-personality
-why you would eb a good person for the team
-etc.
interview was very easy especially ebcause it was a brand new store and they needed to hire a lot of people

Interview Question – Describe a way in which you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for dd's DISCOUNTS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at dd's DISCOUNTS interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by dd's DISCOUNTS employees and interview candidates.