dd's DISCOUNTS

Updated Jan 20, 2015

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online – interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS.

It was a simple process, a few basic interview questions: what would you do if you witness internal theft; what motivates you?; what is a great quality about yourself, ...etc.

Interview Questions
    • How would your skills benefit us in an everyday business setting?   Answer Question
    The manager tried to work with my starting wage, but like others stated before, it is minimum wage sadly.

Store Manager Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in December 2014.

Applied online, completed an hour long assessment with behavior questions and situational problems. Receive a call a month later had phone interview with Hr, she was great btw. Then DM called had a one on one interview the next day

Interview Questions
    • most questions she asked where on the assessment but she said she had to ask them, very scripted. tell me about a time you put a team together   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a month later because it was a new store that was opening. My interview was with the main manager of the store and she asked me why do you want to work here, what do you know about this company, and do you think you would be able to work in a fast environment. I wasn't asked to take a drug test and was accepted for the job that same day. It was fast and easy just go on there website and check what the goal for the company is.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Gate, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Gate, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in July 2014.

I applied online and the process only took one day, I received a called the next day to schedule an interview, In my interview the manager asked me quite a few simple questions, towards the end of the interview he offer me the job and said if I passed the background check he would contact me, which I did n 3 days later I was called for orientation were I was asked to sign paperwork and watched policy, safety videos.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you?
      What does fast-paced means to you?
      Tell me about yourself?

Answer Question
    No negotiation
    Retail associates pay is $ 9.00

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Applied online and received a call back a few days later from the Assistant Store Manager to scheduled an interview. Interviewed with ASM first and SM last. Both were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, they offered to pay minimum wage, as expected but put an emphasis on moving up "fairly quickly" and pay raises based on performance and attendance.

Store Manager Interview

Normal interviewing process that had 3 interviews with reference and background check. Simple but long process and when hired training is very little. Should be familiar with off price retail to adapt easily to processes to be successful.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in April 2014.

I applied online, i was called within a week to come in for interview. I had a second interview with the district manager and I got the job. Questions were asked like "tell me a time when you had to discipline someone"

no room for negotiation

Sdfkjlds Interview

Didn;t really have an interview, just pretty much got the job upon entrance

non negotiated

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covina, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Covina, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in November 2013.

For college recruiting it was a three interview process. They will ask about 10 behavioral type questions all starting with "Tell me about a time" so be ready to give very specific questions based on STAR. If you master that you'll do great.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have a conflict with someone else.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in October 2013.

Very very very easy to be employed here. All you have to say is that you'll get the job done. Applied, called, interviewed, hired, process took one whole day. That easy.

They negotiated about my work schedule, pay was non-negotiable.