dd's DISCOUNTS Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

1.7

Store Protection Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS.

Interview

My interview was below average. I was asked a couple questions about previous employment along with why I wanted the job and that was it. Other than that, I was offered the position at the end and my application was placed into background which took about a week.

Sales Associate and Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS (Houston, TX).

Interview

Management called me 2 Hours prior to the interview to come in and have one. Once coming in the store manager and assistant manager give brief questions. Most are open response and not needed very hard to answer.

Interview Questions

• Whats your availability? Who (other than yourself is considered a hard worker) Can you do maintenance (because they don't have any)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS (New York, NY).

Interview

The guy was really nice, very simple questions and I got the job easily, just trying to get nervous and don't stutter. Be coolthey notice when you're nervous.he asked me personal questions

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with working in a fast paced environment ?   1 Answer
    • There's going to be a lot of organizing and re organizing due to people leaving things anywhere, is that something you are okay doing?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS (West Covina, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Arrived 10 minutes before. Waited about 5 minutes until I met the HR manager. The interview was pretty simple. HR Manager told me about the responsibilities of a sales associate and also told me about herself. Also talked about the dress code.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. I got a call one day and had the interview the following day or two. I was asked basic interview questions in person and a following series of questions online. They're specific so be honest with your answers, I think they can tell when people are just giving answers they want to hear, don't make it too obvious.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in February 2015.

Interview

interviewer was very unprofessional , never seen any thing like that in my life . it was like interrogation and not interview .she was asking question and not realizing what she is asking me . if I have many years of experience in retail , that tells you I have done alots in many years of service . just ask me do I know how to hire , don't ask me do you hire ?

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself . in this type of question I don't have to tell you each and every little thing about my life .   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS (Portland, OR).

Interview

It was a simple process, a few basic interview questions: what would you do if you witness internal theft; what motivates you?; what is a great quality about yourself, ...etc.

Interview Questions

• How would your skills benefit us in an everyday business setting?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The manager tried to work with my starting wage, but like others stated before, it is minimum wage sadly.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online, completed an hour long assessment with behavior questions and situational problems. Receive a call a month later had phone interview with Hr, she was great btw. Then DM called had a one on one interview the next day

Interview Questions

• most questions she asked where on the assessment but she said she had to ask them, very scripted. tell me about a time you put a team together   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a month later because it was a new store that was opening. My interview was with the main manager of the store and she asked me why do you want to work here, what do you know about this company, and do you think you would be able to work in a fast environment. I wasn't asked to take a drug test and was accepted for the job that same day. It was fast and easy just go on there website and check what the goal for the company is.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Gate, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS (South Gate, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the process only took one day, I received a called the next day to schedule an interview, In my interview the manager asked me quite a few simple questions, towards the end of the interview he offer me the job and said if I passed the background check he would contact me, which I did n 3 days later I was called for orientation were I was asked to sign paperwork and watched policy, safety videos.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What does fast-paced means to you? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation Retail associates pay is $ 9.00