dd's DISCOUNTS Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in October 2013.

Very very very easy to be employed here. All you have to say is that you'll get the job done. Applied, called, interviewed, hired, process took one whole day. That easy.

They negotiated about my work schedule, pay was non-negotiable.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in July 2014.

Applied online and received a call back a few days later from the Assistant Store Manager to scheduled an interview. Interviewed with ASM first and SM last. Both were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, they offered to pay minimum wage, as expected but put an emphasis on moving up "fairly quickly" and pay raises based on performance and attendance.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Gate, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Gate, CA

I applied online and the process only took one day, I received a called the next day to schedule an interview, In my interview the manager asked me quite a few simple questions, towards the end of the interview he offer me the job and said if I passed the background check he would contact me, which I did n 3 days later I was called for orientation were I was asked to sign paperwork and watched policy, safety videos.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you?
      What does fast-paced means to you?
      Tell me about yourself?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation
    Retail associates pay is $ 9.00

Store Manager Interview

Normal interviewing process that had 3 interviews with reference and background check. Simple but long process and when hired training is very little. Should be familiar with off price retail to adapt easily to processes to be successful.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in April 2014.

I applied online, i was called within a week to come in for interview. I had a second interview with the district manager and I got the job. Questions were asked like "tell me a time when you had to discipline someone"

no room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in February 2012.

fast and quick, relatively easy. ask you the usual behavioral question..how to deal with an unsatisfied customer. what are your weaknesses, what are your strengths

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in March 2011.

The Interview was short and with determination

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficulties or Question that could not be answered.   View Answer
    During that time, the offer was only for seasonal position; yet, I was offered a permanent part time position.

Sdfkjlds Interview

Didn;t really have an interview, just pretty much got the job upon entrance

non negotiated

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Covina, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covina, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in November 2013.

For college recruiting it was a three interview process. They will ask about 10 behavioral type questions all starting with "Tell me about a time" so be ready to give very specific questions based on STAR. If you master that you'll do great.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have a conflict with someone else.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at dd's DISCOUNTS in September 2012.

Be well dressed and be on 20 minutes early.

Worked for dd's DISCOUNTS? Contribute to the Community!