deVere Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.6

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at deVere Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I had only one phone interview, and discussed my resume and had to tell the employer a little about myself. I was asked if I knew what the company does and made some small talk.

Interview Questions

• Not many difficult questions. Mostly asking why you think you would fit in, what they do, and what you want to get out of the internship. Pretty basic stuff, nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got a call two days later and said yes.

Graduate Wealth Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at deVere Group (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I recently did an assessment day with the deVere group for the Graduate Wealth Advisor role, I hope this will help those who are interested.

The application process was probably the easiest I have done so far.
    Online application: just a CV upload and a 5-minute form
    Attend the graduate webinar
    Multiple choice personality quiz
    15-minute telephone interview
    3 1/2 hour assessment day (in a Heathrow conference room)

The assessment day is set very well to extract the personalities well suited to a sales role. You don’t even need to do much research about the company because they won’t test you on it.

It was split into 5 parts: introductory presentation, team project, debate, interview, practice call and 30second elevator pitch

Introductory presentation
    There were around 15-20 graduates there. We were told to introduce ourselves, grab some water and watch a short presentation where a recruiter told us a bit about the role. He sold some dreams talking about how you if you made 1 deal a week you could potentially earn 200k in the year. They then split us into groups of 4 for the tasks.

Team project
    Team project was to come up with any company you want that will make enough money to pay your investor back £20,000.

Debate: The recruiter will give you a topic for the first debate such as best supermarket/crisp/television show/football club etc. Each person will have to say why their ____ is the best. One of you will suggest the topic for the next debate.

Interview
    It sounds a lot worse than it is. The recruiter will fire quick questions at you; why deVere, why Finance, what is your chosen location and why. Interview lasted 5 minutes then you are given a very strange quiz, probably testing common sense. Questions like D is to B as F is to …? Personally I think its just to keep you busy while the others have an interview

Practice call
    Arguably the most difficult part and the most important for them. They want to see how you sound on the phone selling products. The recruiter gives you a phone and a script and walks out of the room, you call him and try to sound as though you're not reading from a script.

30 second elevator pitch
    At the end, all of the graduates form a semicircle. We are given a brief that our boat is sinking and we will need to throw some people off. You are given a random profession (such as ballerina, shopkeeper, candlestick maker, Christmas tree decorator etc) and about 1 minute to prepare a pitch for delivery in front of everybody, saying why they should save you. This part is also very important to them. After that everybody says 2 people they would throw off the boat.

After all of that, the recruiter showed us some photos of the current graduate teams (a lot less people than I expected), he went through each one and said which location they were in but I found it particularly unethical when he showed us which graduates had quit/been fired for the group to laugh at. For example 2 graduates were fired because they had a ‘9-5 attitude’ even though they were on track to earning 70K p/a. I found it threatening, companies have a responsibility to uphold some integrity. If I work for a company, I would appreciate that they didn’t expose me like that.

OFFER?
    You are marked out of 10 and if you make it over 7, you pass. They said they can decide within 20 minutes of you leaving the room which grads they will take on. They get back to you fairly quickly which is nice. I got my result the next day. Good idea to collect some numbers from the other graduates so that you know when the successful people have been told.

Anyway if you feel you have the gift of the gab or you have done sales/telesales before, or you can hold a foul-mouthed conversation about football/Formula 1, no doubt you will fit right into their culture. I had already made up my mind about the company before i went to the assessment day but wanted practice for another assessment day coming up. Good Luck ;)

Interview Questions

• List these in order of importance to you; money, travel, ambition   1 Answer

International Wealth Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at deVere Group (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

CV scan, if successful a webinar which gives information about the programme and what the process is for applying. Then express interest to continue. Psychometric tests online which are simple. Then a phone interview- if successful an assessment centre which is the final stage.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Stand your ground.

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at deVere Group.

Interview

Recruiter found my cv online, I then got invited to
    1. Webinar invitation
    After the webinar, which is extremely exciting and motivating, You get the option to express interest or not, I decided to take it to next stage. Then....
    2. Telephone consultation with internal recruiter
    You get to discus what you liked about the webinarcand a shorter interview process is conducted. Then...
    3. Face 2 face interview (aptitude test and formal question answer session)

Graduate Trainee Wealth Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at deVere Group (Heathrow, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Staggered process, can be as long or as short as you wish and is fairly flexible. Initial steps are to apply online, submitting a CV and filling in one or two questions. If you are successful you will be sent an online McQuaig test to do, which is merely rapid fire quick word-based questions, nothing too dramatic or difficult. After that, if successful, you will be invited to a presentation day at one of their UK venues, usually central London, Manchester or Heathrow Airport, at which a lot will be explained about the company and the grad scheme. This will be delivered by the Head of the Grad training scheme and one or two more senior figures from the scheme and recruitment side of things will be in attendance. After that, which I don't see how anyone can fail as it is ostensibly just sitting down, you will be invited to have a 20-30 minute telephone interview with a member of the recruitment team, who will analyse your ambitions and will ask fairly straightforward questions in a relaxed manner. The final step is the assessment day, which consists of 3/4 group activities and a very quickfire interview.

Interview Questions

• In order of importance what is most important for you; money, ambition or travel?   1 Answer
    • Why should we invest the £50,000 necessary to take on a new grad for this scheme in you?   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at deVere Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

10 minute interview, felt shorter.

Started with basic questions about you, your educationa and background. The generic job related questions are asked, why you are interested in Finance and deVere in particular etc.

Interviewer asked about prior examples of initiative and drive.
    All in all not too different from oter interviews.

However, the interviewer sounded very arrogant. Didnt feel like they listened to the answers at all and everything felt rushed. Normally an interviewer will talk a little bit about the scheme, which in turn motivates you to do better, because you'll WANT the job. But in this case, i didnt at all. I felt demoralised after the interview, and wasnt keen on working in a company where the recruitment team didnt show any enthusiasm.

It may sound silly, but it was the first time i felt this way.

Interview Questions

• Why deVere?

Why Finance?

Can you give me an example of a time where you had to be convincing?

What traits do you think we look for in a candidate for this positon?

Answer Question

The company didnt seem interesting, even with all the perks that were specified on the spec. The company also dosent really have a great reputation with graduates. It didnt seem like a place one starts to develop.

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at deVere Group.

Interview

They where really nice . To good to be true. 3 interviews then a induction in Malta . You have to do research and role play I am still awaking feed back . You pay for your own flights but they provide accommodation , breakfast and lunch

Interview Questions

Interview

Group Meeting - Watched a 2 hour powerpoint, no form of assessment
    Phone Interview - 10 mins long maximum, asking regular competency based questions
    Assessment Centre & Final Interview - A few persuasive tasks in groups and a 1-on-1 interview with head of recruitment

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to pursued someone you're right?

To be honest all the questions were straight forward and competancy based

Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Interview

Initially was communicated through an email from HR after application and then a short telephonic round. Later there was 1 hour face to face interview and then orientation upon being selected.

Interview Questions

• Very basic about finance and investment and also about International financial market.   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Heathrow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at deVere Group (Heathrow, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to a conference call where someone from HR explained the interview process and answered questions. Then there was a telephone interview with basic questions such as when have you shown leadership skills. Then there was an assessment centre and I was in a group of about 20 people. There was an English and maths test, group exercises and a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions in the telephone interview and in person were very basic, generic questions you will have been asked a hundred times before. The most unexpected task was role play: I had to stand up in front of the whole group and explain why, as a plumber, the group should vote for me to stay as we were stranded on an exotic island. This is where you have to make some sort of joke or interesting comment, and this is where I failed. I had 2 minutes to think and tried to explain a made up way of distilling sea water. Complete flop.   1 Answer