Design Engineer Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

447 Companies: 13 of 447

1,016 Interview Questions: 110 of 1,016

Sort by

Sep 17, 2014

Interview Question for Filter Design Engineer at TriQuint:

“Some very detailed questions regarding high frequency simulation.”

Sep 17, 2014

Interview Question for Electrical Design Engineer at Vicor Corp.:

“Here's a datasheet for a chip you've never seen before. Tell me the four most important characteristics and why.”

Interview Question for Design Engineer II at Thermo Fisher Scientific:

“Questions were prepared and documented. Cases dealt with what have you done when you encountered a situation A,B,C and down the line. Such as - what do when given a task which is beyond abilities…”

Interview Question for Senior Mechanical Design Engineer at Seagate Technology:

“The only real technical questions I was asked was some GD&T questions. Its wasn't real hard as it is was based on drawing that I gave them.”

Interview Question for Design Engineer at JLG Industries:

“Explain a time where you had to make a tough decision and how did you get through it?”

Sep 14, 2014

Interview Question for Component Design Engineer at Intel Corporation:

“Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.”

Sep 14, 2014

Interview Question for Component Design Engineer at Intel Corporation:

“It was a CPU question at the gate level ... I have never seen this question in either of my Bachelors or Masters level classes. It was not a question about the CPU Architecture to be clear.”

Sep 10, 2014

Interview Question for Project Engineer - Substation Design at Pacific Gas and Electric:

“Described a situation where you were directed by upper management to make a decision in a non-compliance manner, what did you do?”

Sep 8, 2014

Interview Question for Exterior Design Engineer at Nissan Technical Center North America:

“Why I had left my prior employment.”

Sep 4, 2014

Interview Question for Design Engineer at Honda R & D Americas:

“Please give us a time where you had to research/ask the customer questions in order to understand how to do your job better. I have not had much experience fresh out of college so this was a…”