Development Engineer I Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

15 Companies: 13 of 15

See the latest Expedia Jobs

86 Interview Questions: 110 of 86 Sort by

Aug 17, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer I at Amazon.com:

“The most difficult question was one in which I had to design a specific algorithm off the top of my head, and really had no clue where to start. It wasn't inherently difficult, I just wasn't…”

Jul 30, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer I at Amazon.com:

“Design your own hashmap in Java.”

Jul 29, 2014

Interview Question for Development Senior Engineer I at Zimmer:

“The most difficult questions were about the development process that I was unfamiliar with. Once I realized that these questions were asked to determine my own abilities of recognizing my knowledge…”

Jul 28, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer I at Amazon.com:

“can't say the detail, but one DFS question about matrix adjacent numbers max. different interviewer tends to have question that they designed.”

Jul 14, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer I Intern at Amazon.com:

“Question were not the difficult ones, but the sub-questions asked on them were tricky.
1st interview question: It was scenario based coding question. Asked to code it in whatever language you want…”

Jul 9, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer I at Classic Vacations:

“There were unexpected questions from cross department peers, although the questions sounded non-threatening and friendly, but they were not entirely friendly. There were several of them and I could…”

Jun 29, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer I at Expedia:

“There wasnt any difficult questions but there were some unexpected questions by one of the interviewer.”

Jun 13, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Amazon.com:

“You have an MxN matrix and a robot trying to go from top-left to bottom-right.. Write a program that calculates the shortest path from top-left to bottom-right that does not go through a negative…”

May 27, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Amazon.com:

“I'm still waiting feedback.”

May 18, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Amazon.com:

“Standard and simple questions, no tricks.”