doyenz Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at doyenz

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at doyenz in February 2012.

I initially had a phone screen with the Ops Manager who told me about the job and asked me some questions about my experience listed on my resume. I was invited in for a in person interview with the Ops manager and CSO. The interview lasted 2.5 hours. My recruiter attempted followup with them for 2 weeks and they finally told the recruiter I didn't have a aggressive enough approach to do battle. 2 more weeks went by and the recruiter called to say they wanted to discuss a 2-3 month project with no option to come on full time. I declined the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about RAID 1+0 vs RAID 0+1?   View Answer
    • How would you present a layout a specific amount of servers, storage and switches in a DC to managers for approval?   View Answer

They still haven't found that person they need to fill the full time role. I thought it was odd that they initially didn't want to hire me but thought I was good enough to come in and do a 2 month project of the same work with no contract to hire offer.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at doyenz in August 2011.

One phone screen with some simple Java, SQL, ad UNIX questions, and then followed with an onsite with two engineers and 2 project managers. People are sophisticate an knowledgeable. The enthusiasm towards the company and the product can be sensed during the conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Scan a file and count how many lines contain the world "something". Write in 3 programming languages.   View Answer
    I'm not good at negotiation, and I feel that they are fair to me in the offer, so I accepted it.