drillinginfo

Relevance Date Difficulty

GIS Technician I Interview

GIS Technician I

Interviewed at drillinginfo

Interview Details – Interviewed by three team members, follow up in person interview with the same team members. Standard questions, make sure you have a good "weakest" answer. Looked for the right fit on aptitude and on personality. A week later was offered a job and started a few weeks after that. Pretty simple interview process.

Interview Question – Standard Behavioral questions, strongest/weakest, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Project Manager II Interview

Project Manager II

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at drillinginfo in February 2014.

Interview Details – After applying online, the first point of contact was an initial phone screen (30 min) with one of the senior members of the PMO office. Questions were general and about what I was looking for and employment history. The next step was another 30 min phone screen with the same senior member and the PMO director. We again reviewed my employment history and I was asked some skills questions regarding project management and behavioral questions about how I handled tough situations as a project manager (e.g difficult team members).

The final step was an on-site interview. This was a series of two panel interviews over 2.5 hours and where things got tougher. The first hour was with the PMO office team members (4 people) and I was asked more behavioral questions (e.g. introducing organizational change, handling difficult people in meetings, time that I failed). The second hour was with key leaders for each of the technical areas (5 people) which centered on my background and experience. The last half hour was a 1x1 with the PMO director where I had the opportunity to ask any final questions.

Overall I felt communication throughout the process was good and I was well informed and read into what they are looking for. The panel interviews were rather dry so it was hard to get a sense of the culture. Each person felt they really enjoyed the people they worked with but I could not get a read for that.

Interview Question – I had a number of questions around dealing with difficult people - how to keep project team members who don't get along and how to handle people who dominate meetings I am leading.   Answer Question

Senior Reporting Accountant Interview

Senior Reporting Accountant
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at drillinginfo in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was efficient and pleasant. I first met who would be my Controller as well as the company recruiter. They were very easy to talk to and the interview felt relaxed on my end. The second interview was at the company headquarters. I met the Controller again as well as the CFO, two financial analysts, and a sales manager. I also had the chance to walk around the office to get a good feel of it. The interview was long but having the chance to talk to so many people allowed me to get their take on how they liked working there, both professionally and personally.

Interview Question – My interviews were mostly behavioral and more focused on getting to know my personality to see if I was a good fit at DI. The most difficult question I received was "What is your favorite movie."   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Corporate Counsel Interview

Corporate Counsel
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at drillinginfo in October 2011.

Interview Details – Where are you on the scale of job, career, cause, mission.

Interview Question – Any reason why we wouldn't hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company made an offer, and I immediately accepted it.

GIS Technician III Interview

GIS Technician III
Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at drillinginfo in August 2010.

Interview Details – Heard about job through college advisor, but they will also post on job boards and craigslist. Emailed resume and cover letter to head of GIS department, was sent a personality test of sorts that I took online. Interview took place at office; I took a "GIS test" to prove I had knowledge of basic ArcGIS functions. Was told I was not a suitable candidate at the time via email, but then was called back a few weeks later and offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Since it was an entry level job, there was no negotiation.

Sales Interview

Sales
Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at drillinginfo in March 2012.

Interview Details – Pyscholocgical/Personity screening test followed by panel phone interview and In person Interview

Interview Question – Why do have so much difficultly x, y, and z/whatever it is that your profile says you MIGHT be/might have difficulty with, stated as a fact. e.g. Why are you so overly concerned with your social status in the office? why would people say that about you?   View Answers (2)

Data Entry Specialist Interview

Data Entry Specialist
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at drillinginfo.

Interview Details – Online assessment of skills and typing ability followed by a phone interview with HR. After the phone interview there was a one on one with the hiring manager and then about a week later a phone call with the offer.

Interview Question – How do you manage stressful situations?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at drillinginfo in May 2011.

Interview Details – Meet with 2 executives and some software developers. The talk is casual, but I am not sure whom they are looking for (the software developer OR the developer who is also capable of mathematical modeling OR the developer who is also capable of both mathematical modeling and petroleum modeling???). Really confused...

Interview Questions

Worked for drillinginfo? Contribute to the Community!