dunnhumby

43 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Data Analyst Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at dunnhumby in November 2013.

Interview Details – The entire hiring process is really fast. Applied online, and got an email the very next day asking me to take an assessment test. The test had 2 parts - basic numerical problems and logical reasoning. The actual questions were quite easy, but the difficult part was time management. Don't linger on any question for too long. A week later, got contacted by a recruiter and arranged a phone interview in 10 days. In the phone interview, they mainly asked questions about past experiences and technical skills, also a few easy behavioral questions, like "tell me a time you have to push hard for your opinion", "give me three words how your team members describe you". A week later, the recruiter contacted me again to schedule an on site interview at their Cincinnati HQ, which consisted a dinner with recent graduate employees the night before, two 45 mins 1-to-1 interview, and a case study. I had 45 mins preparing for the case study, and 45 mins presenting it to an interviewer in informal conversations. 2 days after onsite, got a call offering the position.

Interview Question – how tall is willis tower (tallest building in Chicago)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They actually called me and asked for my desired pay level, and tried to match it.

Analytics Intern Interview

Interviewed at dunnhumby

Interview Details – Phone interview. They were very delayed in getting back to my emails to initially set up the interview, and I ended up with about 24 hours notice.

Interview Question – Explain your favorite game in 10 sentences or less.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Oxford, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at dunnhumby in October 2012.

Interview Details – I contacted them through my school's career website and was accepted for an interview. I had two interviews, one with an HR woman who was great, nice and an easy interviewer. Then I entered a room with two men, both software guys, who were complete jerks. They would ask a question, not necessarily technical, I would reply, and that would be the end of the dialogue, no feedback or additional questioning like a typical 'conversation'. They really made an effort for the interview to be uncomfortable.

Interview Question – It was a technical question, they posed a situation where Krogers has two water bottles, and wants to promote one over another. In this case, Kroger Brand over Ice Mountain. They then give a background of the consumer that purchases water bottles and what they look for. The question comes at the end of the background where they ask how you would sell more of the Kroger brand without eating away too much at the Ice Mountain brand.   Answer Question

Client Lead Interview

Client Lead

Interviewed at dunnhumby

Interview Details – You really need to understand what it is they do and have a grasp for how important the culture is there. I would have been perfect for the position but I did not answer one of the questions they asked me correctly. As soon as I walked out of the interview the right answer immediately came to me. Funny how that works. I didn’t get an offer but if you have a Type A personality and can think on your feet then this would be an excellent opportunity. I’m very interested in this industry so I’ll most likely end up working for one of their competitors. Bottom line: Be prepared for the unexpected and stay relaxed. Best of luck!

Interview Question – Asked how much I knew about their company   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at dunnhumby.

Interview Details – Applied online, then took an online critical reading/quantitative analysis test they required. Had an on campus interview, but was not contacted further for an office interview.

Interview Question – Why do you believe dunnhumby has worldwide clients and reached such a large scale when there are so many other successful strategic advice/consulting companies?   View Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at dunnhumby.

Interview Details – I had a pvhone interview that consisted of some basic questions on my prior experience and what amountedbto a verbal "test" on a particlar subject matter.

I then met with seven individuals in a five hour on-site interview. These people were heads of the areas my responsibilities would touch and a non-manager I would work closely with in thise areas. The questions I was asked were a combination of examples of my prior work and how I dealt with certain sitations as well as behavioural topics. Thye were more interested in if I would fit culturally.

I was provided lunch and several breaks.

Interview Question – How wouldnI deal with a situation where an executive would ask me to do something that would deliver a large revenue to the business, but would not be in the best interest of the customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no opportunity to negotiate. I was told they always give out the best possible offer and do not negotiate.

Project Management Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at dunnhumby in May 2012.

Interview Details – I did not do a phone screen as I was an employee referral. I had a 2 hour interview with 3 individuals at the same time. I then met with someone else which they added at the last minute about an hour before the interview. The questions were pretty straight forward but I do not believe I was the right fit for the position.

Interview Question – most questions were straight forward   Answer Question

Data Director Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at dunnhumby in July 2010.

Interview Details – I would say my interview was atypical of msot at dunnhumby. This was a management position, so they were more interested in experience and cultural fit than technical skills.

Interview Question – It has been awhile - but I think my position on working with a remote manager. It was not necessarily difficult because I have done this before, but it seemedd to be the most critical.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Advice is read the web site and understand teh corporate values - this company lives these values - they are not just words.

Clien Lead Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at dunnhumby in February 2011.

Interview Details – After speaking to the HR rep on the phone, I was sent a one page business case for which to create a presentation using fictional data. The 5 hour interview began with me presenting to 3 people, then I had 4 one-on-one interviews after that. You need to be the right fit for this company. I was not. I felt the mood of the place was very elitist. If you are a type-A personality who will constantly be striving for your boss's job, then maybe this is the place for you.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the interview was that they expected me to come in there and tell them exaclty how they do business. I've been exposed to what they do, but not worked with it directly. So I did not get it 100% right.   View Answer

N/A Interview

Cincinnati, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at dunnhumby in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed over a period of 4 hours with 3 different interviewers. Did an excellent job of exposing the culture and type of people that work here. While I did not receive an offer, I was very impressed with what I saw. Would recommend looking here.

Interview Question – One of the interviewers did not ask questions, wanted me to ask him questions. Go prepared with competent and intelligent questions to ask.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at dunnhumby

Worked for dunnhumby? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at dunnhumby interview questions and advice. All 43 interview reviews posted anonymously by dunnhumby employees and interview candidates.