e-Builder

Relevance Date Difficulty

Middle Management Interview

Middle Management
Plantation, FL

I applied online and interviewed at e-Builder.

Interview Details – After hearing many negative things about e-Builder, I was hesitant to apply, but I needed a job. I was surprised when they boasted about winning a South Florida "best employer" award. Hmmm.

This company is pretty full of themselves, including their recently redesigned office space, which I found cold, sterile, and unwelcoming - no warm and fuzzy here.

After having to complete a a series of skills and behavioral/psychological tests online, they schedule a half-day interview, with about 7 people - total overkill, like I was interviewing for a CEO position. Many of their questions were redundant, so the answers were, too.

I was given no meeting agenda, so was blindsided when I walked into a rotating interrogation by numerous managers (I thought I'd just be meeting the people I spoke with on the phone). Having no written itinerary to refer to, I knew no one's name, responsibility, or email address for thank yous.

They emphasized the long hours and demanding clients, and that they have more work than they can handle. They seem to value "responsiveness" to clients more than employee morale and turnover rate. Heavily male-dominant office and industry. In general, they were stiff and arrogant. I did not feel comfortable there. Since the job description was well matched with my experience, I was expecting an offer and was prepared to decline.

Very Easy Interview

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Plantation, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at e-Builder.

Interview Details – The initial communication was through a recruiter. My information was then passed on to a manager who called to conduct a phone interview. This was followed by a face to face interview with the manager. The interview lasted a little over an hour and consisted of questions concerning B2B inside sales experience, employment history questions and so on. Very typical questions and I was given the opportunity to ask a lot of questions about the company. The Manager was very friendly and professional and had intelligent answers to all of my questions. This interview was to possibly be followed up with one more interviews however I decided a career path other than telemarketing. As far as telemarketing or "inside phone sales" goes this seems like a great career path if that is your cup of tea.

Interview Question – The toughest question for me was and often is, "Why do you want to work for our company?" This is an amazing question if one is being interviewed for their dream job. However, if you are simply trying to find a close fit to your dream job or more commonly trying to get your foot in the door so that you can just make a living while you figure out what your dream job is, it can be tricky to be sincere answering this question. Without really knowing the company it can be difficult to treat an interview as though you are in the running for the CEO position at Google. The rest of the questions were very standard and anyone applying to this company for a starting position such as inside sales will do fine to relax and be yourself. It really was one of the more enjoyable interviews that I have been to.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I am not an entry level business professional. That was nearly 20 years ago for me. For all of you who are going to interview at Ebuilder.net here are a few tips: Dress for success, be professional, prepare questions for the interview, do your homework on the company, and relax. This is standard entry level business. It will be a great learning experience one way or another. This company seems to have the foresight to treat their prospective new hires as professionals. So many companies require 5+ interviews, drug testing, and your first born child all of which seems to take 58 years before you have a solid answer as to your employment status. This can be very frustrating while one is in the process of gaining employment. It is great to see a company that gives their new hires the courtesy of professionalism. The Hotel industry and many others could learn a lot from ebuilder concerning the hiring process. Good luck to all you!

Product Marketing Interview

Product Marketing
Plantation, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at e-Builder in April 2013.

Interview Details – Initial contact was from the VP of Marketing, with whom I spent almost an hour talking to before getting an onsite interview. There was an online test before the onsite interview an one during the onsite interview. One interview was done via video conference with the person running engineering, There also interviews with marketing and sales people and professional services.

Interview Question – The online tests were timed and were difficult to complete. Many of the questions were around problem solving and ethics.   Answer Question

Interviewed at e-Builder

Interview Details – Lenghty process, a lot of behavioral interviewing and skills testing

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to say “no” to a customer, co-worker, or supervisor because you didn’t think saying “yes” would be appropriate.   Answer Question

Plantation, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at e-Builder in September 2011.

Interview Details – A recruiter from e-Builder initially messaged me through Linkedin. I ignored the message for a couple months before responding. My curiousity got to me and I finally wrote back. A few emails were exchanged and then I agreed to a phone interview with the recruiter. This interview was rather informal and we mostly discussed details of the position I would be interviewing for. He then asked for a writing sample to forward to the hiring manager. A phone interview with the hiring manager was to be arranged if he approved the writing sample. I had the phone interview with the hiring manager which I though went very well. I never heard back after the phone call, but was notified that they promoted from within when they responded to my thank you note for the interviews.

Interview Question – What is the salary at your current position?   View Answer

Plantation, FL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at e-Builder in July 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very challenging; however, I found that to be well suited for the position I was interviewing for. The team manager clearly explained, that interviewing for the position in question, required challenging criteria due to the nature of the position. I successfully met the requirements and was later hired in the first week of August. Currently, as a business analyst, I can reflect back to the interview process and confirm that the methods utilized by my manager were on point, considering the challenges I overcome each day. E-builder is a great company to work for and they only hire those that want to succeed in their position and as a person. By placing emphasis on having the core values including but not limited to: hardwork, honesty, integrity, this organization is creating champions that will succeed no matter where life takes them.

Interview Question – What, based on your experience, would typically prevent you from achieving your goals.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was content with what they offered me for the position, so a negotiation was not necessary.

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate
Plantation, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at e-Builder in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was first contacted via email for a phone interview, and it was followed by a face-to-face interview. I was interviewed by two people (each at time) and was given a difficult task to do in Excel. I was told prior that I would have to do a task in excel, word, and a proofreading test, but obviously I was given only one task. I didn't think I did too well on the task, however, I felt like the interviews went really well. I was told that I would get a follow up within two business days, and if not I can follow up. I did and no one responded back to me. I was really disappointed with the lack of character of the hiring manager. I was asked many behavioral-task based questions and some basic interview questions like why should we hire you?

Interview Question – tell me about a time when you had to use your detail oriented skills   View Answer

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at e-Builder in September 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview with President. Brought in and interviewed by two other reps. Than interviewed with President and Founder.Given a skills test which consisted of math and personality test. Provided an offer later that day.

Interview Question – If you want to a restaraunt and it was 15 min pror to close and waitress said she could serve you what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. $40,000 Base and activity bonuses. The activity bonus is based on number of hours spent on phone. 2hrs daily, 3 hrs daily or 4hrs daily. f average 2 hrs daly you were paid salary equivalent to $45k, f 3 hrs $50k, and 4 hrs, $55k.

Worked for e-Builder? Contribute to the Community!