e-MDs Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

2.7

Software Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at e-MDs (Austin, TX).

Interview

I spoke to the manager. He was great. Polite and professional. Then I spoke with his manager. He asked some interesting questions. It was actually a good experience. This was quite a few years ago. I have moved positions since my original interview and It has always been a good experience. of course it's easier when you know the people that are interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• The only question I remember besides your normal interview questions was: "If you had a theme song, what would it be?"   1 Answer

Rather Not Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at e-MDs (Austin, TX).

Interview

Initially there was a phone interview. Got called in for an in person and was asked pretty standard questions by two people in the department. Then got called for a third interview by two other department people and asked almost the same questions. I didn't feel like that last one was necessary and it was a bit of a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current position? What do you know about e-MDs?   Answer Question

Software Trainer Interview

Interview

Power Point presentation

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at e-MDs.

Interview

Initial Phone and then face to face interview

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Basic Object Oriented conceptual questions. RDBMS conceptual questions and SQL related questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary raises are rare in this company. So bargain hard when you get chance.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at e-MDs (Austin, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I had a brief but very positive phone screen with the hiring manager about my qualifications and the position description. I was brought in for an in-person interview the next week. The interviews were broken into three segments. The first was a panel interview with the hiring manager, another director of products and the VP of products. Pretty standard product management interview questions about my experience and behavioral questions. The second segment consisted of another panel where I met with the BAs and Product Specialist. This was mostly behavioral questions about my working style to determine how I'd fit with the team. The last segment was a case study where I was asked to work through the steps of how I'd go about designing a UI for a hypothetical new product.

Overall, the interview questions weren't hard - just typical experience and behavioral questions. However, there were several things that made me realize that I wouldn't want to work for this company. I arrived at the interview promptly. I waited in the reception area for about 20 minutes before someone came down to get me. There was no offer of water or refreshments. While I waited, I noticed that the office space is very dated and not what I'd expect from an Austin software company. I was surprised as I had been told that they had just moved in. At one point in my interview with the senior manager team, my question about work environment lead to a really uncomfortable exchange about their Friday theme days and jokes about "gay cowboy Friday". From the office decor and conversation, it felt to me like I had time traveled back to the 1980's.

After the interviews, I was told that they had a few more people to speak with and they would be getting back in touch with me by the end of the next week with a decision. They never did followup and frankly, I was relieved.

Interview Questions

• Would you be happy not being able to work directly with customers?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at e-MDs.

Interview

Was contacted by an HR recruiter, completed a 30min interview, scheduled an on-site interview, then followed up with a final interview with management of the department.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a difficult sale and how you managed to successfully make the sale.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at e-MDs (Austin, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Phone interview followed by 2.5 hour technical interview with three different teams.

Negotiation

I counter offered but there was very little change.