e-MDs

Interview Details – Power Point presentation

Interview Question – Generic interview questions   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at e-MDs.

Interview Details – Initial Phone and then face to face interview

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Basic Object Oriented conceptual questions. RDBMS conceptual questions and SQL related questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary raises are rare in this company. So bargain hard when you get chance.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at e-MDs in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had a brief but very positive phone screen with the hiring manager about my qualifications and the position description. I was brought in for an in-person interview the next week. The interviews were broken into three segments. The first was a panel interview with the hiring manager, another director of products and the VP of products. Pretty standard product management interview questions about my experience and behavioral questions. The second segment consisted of another panel where I met with the BAs and Product Specialist. This was mostly behavioral questions about my working style to determine how I'd fit with the team. The last segment was a case study where I was asked to work through the steps of how I'd go about designing a UI for a hypothetical new product.

Overall, the interview questions weren't hard - just typical experience and behavioral questions. However, there were several things that made me realize that I wouldn't want to work for this company. I arrived at the interview promptly. I waited in the reception area for about 20 minutes before someone came down to get me. There was no offer of water or refreshments. While I waited, I noticed that the office space is very dated and not what I'd expect from an Austin software company. I was surprised as I had been told that they had just moved in. At one point in my interview with the senior manager team, my question about work environment lead to a really uncomfortable exchange about their Friday theme days and jokes about "gay cowboy Friday". From the office decor and conversation, it felt to me like I had time traveled back to the 1980's.

After the interviews, I was told that they had a few more people to speak with and they would be getting back in touch with me by the end of the next week with a decision. They never did followup and frankly, I was relieved.

Interview Question – Would you be happy not being able to work directly with customers?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at e-MDs in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by 2.5 hour technical interview with three different teams.

Negotiation Details – I counter offered but there was very little change.

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Inside Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at e-MDs.

Interview Details – Was contacted by an HR recruiter, completed a 30min interview, scheduled an on-site interview, then followed up with a final interview with management of the department.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had a difficult sale and how you managed to successfully make the sale.   Answer Question

Worked for e-MDs? Contribute to the Community!