e2v

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Engineer Interview

Chelmsford, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at e2v in January 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out application in sept 2012 . Nothing until jan . Telephone interview was then arranged for end of january . Very nice telephone interview , much more relaxed than usual ones . Relaxed questions and more about you and your requirements than just competence stuff. I then attended an assessment centre a week later . Was given a remit for a ten minute presentation to give to an audience which turned out to be two assesors. They were very relaxed again and easy to talk to . The assessment centre started at 9.30 and finished at 3.30 . First was a meeting with other candidates 8 altogether on my day and then straight into first interview . This was with two managers including a materials engineer which is my discipline . Again very relaxed and easy going , took about an hour and asked a few more competency questions and also some technical questions on electronics which stumped me a little as was not really my area of expertise . The questions were chosen to start with but they then led to other questions designed to see how much knowledge you had regarding the areas they were interested in you working at . This was followed by a tour of the facility and you get to meet other graduates from the year before which was very good . After a lunch break it was straight into the presentation part , after your presentation the two assessors quized you on various parts of your presentation and also on things like design etc . This then followed with a presentation from the company about their products . Finally the group task took place which we were split into two groups and taken to a seperate room . There were around 6 assessors sat around watching the whole time , the task involved reading a booklet with e mails and a description of the task . You had 15 mins to read the booklet in silence and then 45 mins to work together to attempt the task . The task could not be fully completed within the time i feel but that is the whole point . This was the end of the day then . I was told to expect a call by the wed of the next week with a decision and to fill in an expenses form for travel etc .
The following week I heard nothing and then eventually got an e mail saying there was a delay in the decisions and everyone would be notified by the following wednesday . I heard nothing on this date and so a week later I sent an e mail to chase up my expenses and then ten mins later recieved a rejection e mail and still no reply about recieving monies back . As of today I still have no expenses returned and no reply to my e mail. Apart from this though the experience with E2V was a pleasant one for the process.

Interview Question – All the technical questions on magnetrons and ccd which I had not covered in any of my courses as it was materials.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for e2v? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at e2v interview questions and advice in Chelmsford, England. All interview reviews posted anonymously by e2v employees and interview candidates.