eBay Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview was approx 20-25mins, face to face interview was just over an hour. Mainly example based questions, give me an example of when you went over and beyond, tell me when you dealt with a difficult customer

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Austin, TX recruiter is amazing! Called after 3 days for a phone interview-The recruiting team will communicate the STAR Behavior Interview- Need to give very specific examples. Phone interview was 30 minutes. Everyone was very friendly and informative. Onsite listened to calls of the position was applying for and also onsite simulation testing including typing test. Successful and met with team leader.

Interview Questions

• A time when you did not meet goals... A time when you had poor customer service experience... A time when you had to learn a new skill on the fly... Be very specific... Do homework on company values   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I passed the phone interview but not the in person interview that included a computer assessment. The assessment included a simulation and a typing test. Candidates must be able to evaluate situations and rate other customer service representatives' performances.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

Quick phone interview followed by a face to face interview. The phone interview is done by the talent acquisition dept. Then there is a skills and typing test. If you pass all the requirements you receive an in person interview by a manager.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions: name a time when you went above and beyond. What skills set you apart from others.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

The interview process was easy and comfortable. Went through a temp agency and they screened every hire. It wasn't a hard interview. Asked questions pertaining to customers. Also asked questions on different scenarios.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT) in December 2013.

Interview

Very easy questions, took a small test to make sure you were able to listen and type data at the same time. The overall process was very easy. The only thing that I have not liked so far is the back ground check is very extensive and they require proof of a lot of things.

Negotiation

There was none... They tell you the pay and all that in advance.

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT).

Interview

Before an interview, they email you with some tests. Typing test, Internet test, and a basic quiz. Then they have you write down references, and make sure these people KNOW about it, because ebay emails them right away for the references to take a quiz about you. After you pass all that you get an interview. I thought my interview went well, and they said the would get back to me in a few days after checking my background and credit......still no call.....still no email...nothing....I had 8 people from their background check department emailing me because NO ONE communicated....finally they told me I didn't get the position..after 2 weeks...

Interview Questions

• When did you have to break the rules to make a customer happy...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT) in November 2011.

Interview

you start with one person and then they ask you to wait for who usually will be your boss to evaluate you. You then are asked to take a computer test to make sure you can pass that. If you can then it is usually your boss's boss to do the last interview

Interview Questions

• when a customer does not like the answer you give them and get angry, how do you de-escalate the member   1 Answer

Negotiation

they offered higher than what I was expecting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT) in March 2011.

Interview

Great, hard, but i was well prepared. Asked 6 or 7 questions. Had to complete a skills test and a typing test. Then the interview process. Met with a Team Leader. He was awesome! Loved the experience and would recommend to a friend.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT) in January 2011.

Interview

Had an interview over the phone asking basic questions. After phone interview I took a typing test and had a 1:1 interview. Very simple.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you ran into confrontation with a co-worker and how you resolved it   Answer Question