eBay Enterprise

Relevance Date Difficulty

Call Center Interview

Call Center
Melbourne, FL

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in October 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online for a call center position. I received an email stating that there would be a job fair coming up. The email gave me a personal invitation to come to the job fair. The job fair consisted of a "cattle call" type of interview, where hundreds of people come to check out the "job fair". I checked in with the receptionist, who gave me an informational packet, and asked me to have a seat and wait for my name to be called.

I sat in a room with nothing but tables, few chairs, and a mass group of people, silent, staring at one another waiting to be called into a personal interview room.

The interviewers were coming in and out of the large room, calling off 3-5 names at a time. I always observe how interviewers dress and talk, to give me an indication of the culture of the company.

My opinion - the interviewers were dressed badly, in fact one was in skin tight jeans and high heels. Not the most professional look. Tacky would be the right word. Only one dressed respectfully.

I was invited into an interview of 3 people, and one interviewer, and one note-taker. We were all asked a series of questions:

1. How many times have you been absent in your last job?
2. Name a time when you gave outstanding service.
3. What vertical (department) would suit you best to work in?
4. What would be your pet peeves?
5. Do you have a problem working odd shifts?
6. Tell us about a time you had to overcome a challenge?
7. How do you relieve stress?
8. Why should I hire you over the other people in this room with you (in front of them)?

other questions as well....This interview went well.

I waited a while after this interview at home for a few days and then was asked to come back and take a skills test. The skills test was easy, mostly how to fill in the blanks on a computer, as you had a caller on the phone (all pre-recorded callers with fake scenarios).

When arriving, I again observed the receptionist, to gain a better view of the company. She was semi friendly, however proceeded to talk badly about someone taking the skills test. She stated to me she thought an older lady was "stupid" because this older gal had a little trouble with the computer. Highly unprofessional of the receptionist.

I left and after a few days found out I passed the test. However, I needed to do a phone interview next. This was the messy part. I was scheduled twice for a phone interview, set aside time in my calendar to accommodate the day/time, and the interviewer never answered the dial in number.

I called to reschedule and after a few days finally got my phone interview set up again, and this time was able to have the interview. Then I was scheduled for yet another phone interview. And...was stood up again. Finally after 3 tries, and 2 more phone interviews, I was exhausted and glad the process would soon be over, however having serious doubts about the company. After a week, I was offered a position pending a credit and background check.

To be honest, I didn't have a good impression of the company, and was disappointed at the whole unprofessional process. The job paid very low as well for the amount of work. Also, I was questioned several times about how much training I would need. I got the impression, they want to hire someone for less pay than they deserved and wanted the person to need little training as well. But I gave it my all, and tried to be respectful and patient.

In the end, the offer was taken back because I didn't pass the credit check. Coming from a financial/banking background, I was really surprised. I was an excellent candidate, and have always been a well liked, trustworthy employee, who never had a bankruptcy, etc. on my credit report (I am not just saying that). My opinion - this company seems unsure of itself, unprofessional, and unorganized. They seem to demand a lot for very little money. I am glad I didn't sign on, with GSI.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had an angry customer on the phone, and you "turned the call around".   View Answer

Reason for Declining – This company seems unsure of itself, unprofessional, and unorganized. They seem to demand a lot for very little money. I am not sad I didn't sign on, with GSI.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at eBay Enterprise

Worked for eBay Enterprise? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eBay Enterprise Call Center interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by eBay Enterprise employees and interview candidates.