eBay Enterprise

55 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Interview Details – Several rounds of interviews, case style questions, as well as general behavioral stuff. Not any different from any other large, fortune 500 company interview process. Met with several people, at several levels, including the GM of the product, hiring manager, and future team members.

Test Automation Interview

Test Automation
King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in April 2014.

Interview Details – Received e-mail within a few days. Successful HR interview, passed info to hiring manager, was told I'd hear back early next week. After letting that week pass I called for follow-up. Two days later I got a reply - a "we're going with another candidate" form letter. I found that weak.

Interview Question – I knew nothing about the domain or the tools they use. However, an hour on wikipedia to look up the domain and tools allowed me to provide relevant related experience. It was enough to get me through the initial interview.   Answer Question

E-commerce Copy Editor Interview

E-commerce Copy Editor
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in March 2014.

Interview Details – I experienced two phone interviews with this company. They asked very relevant questions with no surprises. They were very friendly and attentive. The first interview was with one person, the second was a conference call with two hiring staff from the department I would have worked with. That's right, I didn't get the job. For some reason the company moved the position across the country. It's a shame really; I would have blown them away. Maybe next time...

Interview Question – There really was no difficult questions. Interviews are never fun. I imagine the feeling is mutual on both sides. I can say that my interview with eBay Enterprise less uncomfortable than most other interview experiences. I never interviewed in person.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator
King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in May 2013.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview, 1 face to face

Interview Question – none really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much

User Experiance Manager Interview

User Experiance Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Interview Details – Interview process is not super stressful. If you have connections or a recommendation in the company it is pretty easy to get a job.

Interview Question – I don't feel like there were very difficult questions   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst
King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in August 2010.

Interview Details – 2 rounds on phone, 2 rounds in person

Interview Question – nothing particularly specific, just needed to show general competence.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – over the phone back and forth on salary

Chief of Staff to Chief Executive Officer of Global Operations Interview

Chief of Staff to Chief Executive Officer of Global Operations

Interviewed at eBay Enterprise

Interview Details – 3 hour meeting with the CEO followed by six 1 hour interviews with his direct reports. Very in-depth, but comfortable rapport.

Interview Question – What was your most strategic contribution in a previous position that resulted in unprecedented business results   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered $25K less than I desired. I responded with my sincere interest in the job and the assurance that I would exceed expectations as I have proven in past leadership roles justifies my salary at $125K.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Interview Details – One of the strangest interviews in which I've been involved.
My buddy works there and after a couple emails to and from HR, they brought me in for an interview.
I met with the hiring manager and things seemed to go really well. I had about 90% of the qualifications in the interviewer seemed interested and engaged. We spoke for about 25 minutes; a good introductory meeting.
Then...I met with the HR generalist. Yes, AFTER meeting with the guy who was actually hiring for the position.

She was harried and unfocused as she entered the room. She barely looked into my eyes and gave me one of those limp handshakes. She admitted to me that she didn't have time to review this job posting, which was a bit unsettling. This is the head of HR for the company, by the way.

She gave my resume a cursory glance and proceeded to ask me rapid-fire skills questions ("Do you have 5+ years of SQL?", "How would you rate you Office skills?"). She looked up at me, maybe two times. There was very little interaction, throughout the process.

Her portion of the interview lasted 10 minutes, tops.

After that brief Q&A session I felt uneasy, after previously feeling very confident with the guy who actually knew about the requirements for the position.

Here's the kicker: When I arrived home from the interview, there was an email from the HR person waiting for me, saying that I would not be offered the job! Whoa, eBay, how about some professional courtesy? How about some consideration? At least let me get my hopes up.

It was a subtly condescending letter, too; saying something like, "maybe you should apply to something that better matches your skill set and experience," as if I had never heard of or experienced any of the things that were talked about in the interview.

eBay/GSI Commerce: please instruct your HR people to respect all applicants, regardless of their qualifications. Oh, and maybe you should have an HR representative speak to your interviewee, first!

Interview Question – Can't remember. I think they were all answered appropriately.   Answer Question

Studio Producer Interview

Studio Producer
King of Prussia, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in May 2013.

Interview Details – They reached out to me about an open position. Flew in for an interview. The communication was very open. Was in constant contact with the HR team throughout the process. The people I interviewed with gave a very detailed message about that they thought of the interview, which is always nice.

Interview Question – What are some of your weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate, but there was no budging on their end.

Worked for eBay Enterprise? Contribute to the Community!