eBay Enterprise Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview with outside consultant - felt more like a course certification exam than interview. Interviewer was more focused on methodologies, like pmp course methods than real world experiences

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (Melville, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

First there is a phone screen which is conducted by a internal recruiter. Once you make it through the phone screen the recruiter puts you in contact with the hiring manager. After you speak with the hiring manager they will either have you in for a group/panel interview or not call you back. There were 5 people on the panel who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• What what kind of Project Management tools do you use? What is the average project lifespan of the projects you oversee?   Answer Question

Fraud Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (Allentown, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

First step was interviewing over the phone with an HR representative who then decided if I should go on to speak over the phone with the head of the Fraud Risk Analyst division. If that went well, they ask you to come in to interview in person with a three person panel of employees and managers.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my knowledge of what the company did for businesses.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Interview

The usual - HR screen, Phone interview, In-person round of interviews. Interviews were short with interviewers have very differing views of the role. HR and phone interviews were well-structured but in-person seemed like the team had already made a decision and were just going through the motions. In-person interviewers would have run out of questions if I'd not kept the momentum going. Disappointing overall.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through the internet job search and received an email from the recruiter. Later she called me after few follow up and after discussing the salary and other information she schedule the telephonic interview and i was done with that. After clearning that they schedule half day interview with the team .. there was 5 rounds of the interview and i satisfied each and every one. After 2 days i received a confirmation from the recruiter that i did well in the interview and she want to initiate the background check, which took about a week. After background check HR was missing for about a week and after one week she called me to discuss about the offer, we discussed the details about joining timelines and salary , she told me that she will talk to the hiring manager and get back to me with an offer. For about one week she just disapper, after one week i sent here an email and she revert back that They are revising the offer for me. Till 1 week there was no communication i sent her 2 reminders but she didn't get back to me. After 1 week i thought of sending a thank you note to the hiring manager to get the actual status of the job, I sent a nice email to hiring manager though linked in on satuday. After few hours i received a reply from the HR saying sorry that she couldn't get back to me and she mentioned that Offer is still getting revised. On next monday i receive an emil from the HR saying that position is got cancelled and becuse of that they can't go further. I checked the job status online in their system and it was showing the job status as open. I feel very low after that because it took exactly 2 months for this overall process and for 1 month they kept me hanging that they are revising the offer. (May be they were looking for some cheaper resource during that period.)

Interview Questions

• It was a very drill down interview and they asked question related to automation , rest full services, core java, and design questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer, Quality Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a response right away from a Talent Acquisition rep and setup a phone interview right away. The phone interview consisted of two software engineer developers running the interview which was weird since I was expecting someone with Quality Assurance Software testing experience to run the interview. The interview was all Software Developer based questions (I'm not a developer, nor did the job description or my resume state ANYTHING about coding software only) . The interview done by the developers was also done on a speaker phone so the questions were muffled and had to be repeated due to the audio going in and out as a speaker would do. So basically the job description should had stated they were looking for a software developer not a QA Analyst software tester. One of the gentlemen interviewing actually admitted they were looking for someone that USED to be a developer and did nothing but coding. If that's the case put it in the description!

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise in September 2014.

Interview

I got an email and a telephone interview was scheduled.The interviewer mostly concentrated on the projects that I have worked on.I was looking for the Intern Position, but it's a full time position.So I was not selected for the second interview. But I feel that the interview was good.I didn't feel any difficulty.

Call Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (Melbourne, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

You get lead to believe you are going to be hired....5 interviews later, they do not hire you or anyone else.... they do not hire you unless you are an entry level worker. If you are a polished professional, forget it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation with a customer and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (Melbourne, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied via the website and got a phone call the next day to setup an interview at the end of the week The interview was quite easy, just completed online assessments and background check before the day. Came in with my resume in hand and then got interviewed for the position.

User Interface Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

I had a phone interview, take home technical test and in-person interview with four different people. I was told that I should be prepared to work 45-50 hours per week, and more at crunch time. The process was very slow, but pleasant.