eBay Enterprise Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014
Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.8

Buyer Interview

Had one interview during the start phase of the company

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

The recruiter never reached out during our set phone screen time, I had to email her to reschedule. After a second change in time due to another "meeting," she emails me at the time of our interview to inform me they have found a candidate. Wasted two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What time are you available to interview?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

One of the strangest interviews in which I've been involved.
    My buddy works there and after a couple emails to and from HR, they brought me in for an interview.
    I met with the hiring manager and things seemed to go really well. I had about 90% of the qualifications in the interviewer seemed interested and engaged. We spoke for about 25 minutes; a good introductory meeting.
    Then...I met with the HR generalist. Yes, AFTER meeting with the guy who was actually hiring for the position.

She was harried and unfocused as she entered the room. She barely looked into my eyes and gave me one of those limp handshakes. She admitted to me that she didn't have time to review this job posting, which was a bit unsettling. This is the head of HR for the company, by the way.

She gave my resume a cursory glance and proceeded to ask me rapid-fire skills questions ("Do you have 5+ years of SQL?", "How would you rate you Office skills?"). She looked up at me, maybe two times. There was very little interaction, throughout the process.

Her portion of the interview lasted 10 minutes, tops.

After that brief Q&A session I felt uneasy, after previously feeling very confident with the guy who actually knew about the requirements for the position.

Here's the kicker: When I arrived home from the interview, there was an email from the HR person waiting for me, saying that I would not be offered the job! Whoa, eBay, how about some professional courtesy? How about some consideration? At least let me get my hopes up.

It was a subtly condescending letter, too; saying something like, "maybe you should apply to something that better matches your skill set and experience," as if I had never heard of or experienced any of the things that were talked about in the interview.

eBay/GSI Commerce: please instruct your HR people to respect all applicants, regardless of their qualifications. Oh, and maybe you should have an HR representative speak to your interviewee, first!

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember. I think they were all answered appropriately.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in May 2014.

phone interview with human resourse, then online programming interview with an engineer, then onsite interview for almost a day with 4 sets of people. 2 people asking algorithm related questions asking to write in the board, then coding test, then lunch interview and then with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Creating an application for 5 Card Draw. Will be asked on site, to check for design pattern skill.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Several rounds of interviews, case style questions, as well as general behavioral stuff. Not any different from any other large, fortune 500 company interview process. Met with several people, at several levels, including the GM of the product, hiring manager, and future team members.

Chief of Staff to Chief Executive Officer of Global Operations Interview

3 hour meeting with the CEO followed by six 1 hour interviews with his direct reports. Very in-depth, but comfortable rapport.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most strategic contribution in a previous position that resulted in unprecedented business results   Answer Question
    Offered $25K less than I desired. I responded with my sincere interest in the job and the assurance that I would exceed expectations as I have proven in past leadership roles justifies my salary at $125K.

Seasonal Customer Service Work From Home Interview

I applied online - interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

I was contacted by Adecco (the staffing agency) the day after I applied. I was then instructed that I would have to drive an hour to meet with the staffing agency for an interview and I was sent e-mails where I filled out all of my payment and tax information (before the interview, mind you). I also had to take a few tests online to determine if I could problem solve, type fast, etc. I drove all the way to the in-person interview that lasted about 10 minutes. It wasn't even an interview then I was told someone from eBay Enterprise was going to call me for a phone interview. The interview was about five questions and very easy.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions. They did ask how this position related to your future goals.   Answer Question

Pick/Pack Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shepherdsville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shepherdsville, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in November 2010.

1 interview, seasonal position. Drug test, one interview, a day of paid training and doing all the required paperwork. They spelled out what they expected of their employees and that was pretty much it. Nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary. After all it was a seasonal position that any monkey with half a brain and and a wee bit of ambition could do.

Customerservice Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

phone interview after a skills assement. Then group interview. very easy.

Interview Questions
    • common quesstions about handling disatisfied customers.   Answer Question
    flat pay rate

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eau Claire, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in August 2008.

I interviewed for a seasonal position and the initial interview was a group interview next to 8-10 other candidates. Interview questioning included basic behavioral questions. After the group interview is a very basic computer-based typing and grammar skills test.

Interview Questions
    • None, all questions were standard behavioral questions ("Describe a time when...") and ethics questions ("What would you do if a co-worker..."   Answer Question
    None.

Worked for eBay Enterprise? Contribute to the Community!