eBay Enterprise Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.8

Costumer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

Fairly easy we had a group interview with some eBay vertices and they chose people based on experience, personality and computer skills. It was a breeze. They're a lot of people who didn't have any job experiences and or were shy so they kind of left those people out

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had an upset costumer and what did you do to resolve their issue?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at eBay Enterprise (Brunswick, GA) in November 2011.

Interview

The only thing I remember is that it was a group interview. Not hard at all just be yourself..The only thing I remember is that it was a group interview. Not hard at all just be yourself..

SME Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at eBay Enterprise (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Contacted by freelance recruiter working for the company, after having initial conversations with hiring manager. Was referred by a colleague that I had worked with in the past. There was a lot of turn-over in the company, but a lot of opportunity. Decided to go through the hiring process after talking with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Actually don't remember any specific questions other than validating skills from resume. Conversations had been held prior to the recruiter conversation, so the interview was more like checking off something on a procedure list.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not a lot of negotiation. The salary range was appropriate and we settled near the top of the range without much push back.

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Interview

The usual - HR screen, Phone interview, In-person round of interviews. Interviews were short with interviewers have very differing views of the role. HR and phone interviews were well-structured but in-person seemed like the team had already made a decision and were just going through the motions. In-person interviewers would have run out of questions if I'd not kept the momentum going. Disappointing overall.

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Went through an initial phone interview with the recruiter that included scheduling a phone interview. Post the phone interview, it took almost 4 weeks to hear anything regarding next steps. Finally had an opportunity to meet with the team during my onsite interview. During said interview, I was required to present my findings on a sample data set to the team. Left feeling confident.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is the most important aspect in analytical reporting?   1 Answer

Was offered the "absolute highest" that the team could do which is about 20% lower than the industry standard. When I attempted to negotiate, they rescinded the offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Interview

Initially got a phone call and then followed a Skype interview. I couldn't make up in the skype interview well. I was waiting for a few weeks to get the result.

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

screened via agency; tested by agency in basic Word/ Customer service questions. If you've ever worked in customer service , you'll be fine. Don't try too hard. Two weeks of training with min passing scores required on tests. Training is 8 hrs a day for 2 weeks plus 2 breaks & lunch.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in September 2014.

Interview

I got an email and a telephone interview was scheduled.The interviewer mostly concentrated on the projects that I have worked on.I was looking for the Intern Position, but it's a full time position.So I was not selected for the second interview.

But I feel that the interview was good.I didn't feel any difficulty.

Campaign Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at eBay Enterprise (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Got a call from HR for a short interview. HR person was pleasant, gave a detailed description of job requirement and answered my questions regarding the job and what was required of the candidate to do the job well. I had actually applied for a different job and was deemed suitable for this instead because of the skills needed. Went for the interview a few days later and it was one of the worst interview I've ever attended. There were 3 parts. A skills test, interview with the Client Lead and one with the team. Client lead was weird, trying hard to be the good cop and your cool buddy. He wants to be on your side, and claims that he is different from the rest but when I asked what they did for fun, he kinda clammed up. The team consisted of a snarly project manager and one other nice team mate. These are the people the candidate will be working with. The project manager had very poor bedside manners, I've never been so insulted to be interviewed by anyone my whole life. I was so offended by her lack of professionalism that I gave up and decided that I was never going to work for this team ever. She was rude. Also, for a fairly simple job that only required HTML and CSS skills, they seemed bent up on the fact that I've never worked on a EDM software. Which was weird when they had me do a test on Dreamweaver. An editor is an editor, NO?? I was also asked questions regarding my age and marital status and children. Seemed like it could be a deciding factor in their decision making.

Interview Questions

• I'm not kidding about these questions.
      From client lead: Do you believe in aliens?
      From Queen B: Are you married? Do you have kids? How old are you?

Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through the internet job search and received an email from the recruiter. Later she called me after few follow up and after discussing the salary and other information she schedule the telephonic interview and i was done with that. After clearning that they schedule half day interview with the team .. there was 5 rounds of the interview and i satisfied each and every one.

After 2 days i received a confirmation from the recruiter that i did well in the interview and she want to initiate the background check, which took about a week. After background check HR was missing for about a week and after one week she called me to discuss about the offer, we discussed the details about joining timelines and salary , she told me that she will talk to the hiring manager and get back to me with an offer.

For about one week she just disapper, after one week i sent here an email and she revert back that They are revising the offer for me. Till 1 week there was no communication i sent her 2 reminders but she didn't get back to me.

After 1 week i thought of sending a thank you note to the hiring manager to get the actual status of the job, I sent a nice email to hiring manager though linked in on satuday. After few hours i received a reply from the HR saying sorry that she couldn't get back to me and she mentioned that Offer is still getting revised.

On next monday i receive an emil from the HR saying that position is got cancelled and becuse of that they can't go further. I checked the job status online in their system and it was showing the job status as open.

I feel very low after that because it took exactly 2 months for this overall process and for 1 month they kept me hanging that they are revising the offer. (May be they were looking for some cheaper resource during that period.)

Interview Questions

• It was a very drill down interview and they asked question related to automation , rest full services, core java, and design questions.   Answer Question