eBay Enterprise

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Melbourne, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in September 2011.

Interview Details – When I first interviewed (in 2011), I had answered an ad placed directly by GSI Commerce on the EmployFlorida job board. I was called with an interview appointment - and informed it would be a panel interview. There were multiple interviewers across the table from multiple prospective employees, and each prospective employee answered the same questions in rote from the panel. The following year (2012), the company had farmed out the application process to an employment agency, and it was bungled several times. I went in initially and filled out the application at the employment agency, then waited for an interview appointment. In the meantime, various offices of the same employment agency began calling me asking if I would like to come in and fill out an application. I kept telling them I had already done that and was waiting for an interview appointment. Finally - after a couple of weeks of this, I went by the original employment office and found out they just hadn't done anything with my application and they set up an interview for me then.

Interview Question – The questions weren't particularly difficult. I think they just want to hear if you speak clearly and with good grammar, and if you come across as having an alert, interested demeanor. The only one I remember was to describe a time when I had to handle a situation at work for which there had been no training.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation. It's a simple at-will seasonal position with fairly decent pay.

Developer In Test Interview

Developer In Test
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in March 2013.

Interview Details – I went through 1 general with minimal technical phone screening interview followed by 2 more technical phone interview that involved writing data structure code. Then I had 6 on site deeply technical interview with team leads, managers and a director of QA and development teams. Given I never worked for ebay before, I thought I have provided good answers to questions (problems/issues they they were trying to solve internally at the time of my interview). According to my interviewers, they were impressed with the solutions I have provided them to a couple of problems they were saving. In fact, one of them told me that he would like to use the solution I gave to a problem to a problem they were facing. Overall, I felt it went really well. Few days later, the recruiter informed me that they couldn't make decisions and wanted me to go through a couple of interviews to find me a "better fit" in their organization. Then "a couple" turned to 5 more technical & brain teasers interviews over the phone with leads, managers and a director. Few days later my recruiter informed me that they decided to hire another person.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was asked is that, a search for a specific item returns results in which each result item has several attributes such as seller score ...etc. How do you know the attributes of each result is real users data. How can you trust the data when you don't have anything to compare or validate against?   Answer Question

Principal Performance Engineer Interview

Principal Performance Engineer
King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in March 2009.

Interview Details – They asked a lot of LoadRunner questions and Automation questions. Pretty easy for me but others will struggle if they aren't experts.

Interview Question – Some of the questions were opinionated. Like what's the best metric for performance testing.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – wanted more money

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manager Interview

Manager
King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in June 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter was poised and professional. She knew about the role and genuinely excited. I met 4 people in my first interview that had to be rescheduled due to a client meeting. Each person I met was great--smart personable and busy. Position was filled, but I'll apply again.

Interview Question – I thought the questions were fair, discussions were comfortable   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Interview Details – The recruiter never reached out during our set phone screen time, I had to email her to reschedule. After a second change in time due to another "meeting," she emails me at the time of our interview to inform me they have found a candidate. Wasted two weeks.

Interview Question – What time are you available to interview?   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in December 2011.

Interview Details – Efficient process, interviewers took the time to get to know me, thorough and fast process.

Interview Question – Who from your current employer is going to call and yell at me when I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the offer was compelling and exactly what I was looking for, so I didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Eau Claire, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in August 2011.

Interview Details – After taking a computer test you are called back for a group interview, approximately 5 prospective employees at a time. They asked all of the "canned" questions such as "Give us an instance where you were able to change someone's mind" or "What is your greatest strength/ biggest weakness" The interview process was fairly straight-forward although a bit hectic.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, it was like they took an interview script from the internet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - basically a "take-it or leave-it" type of job

Very Easy Interview

Pick/Pack Interview

Pick/Pack
Shepherdsville, KY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in November 2010.

Interview Details – 1 interview, seasonal position. Drug test, one interview, a day of paid training and doing all the required paperwork. They spelled out what they expected of their employees and that was pretty much it. Nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary. After all it was a seasonal position that any monkey with half a brain and and a wee bit of ambition could do.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Director, Project Delivery Interview

Director, Project Delivery
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in June 2009.

Interview Details – 3 sets of interviews

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. some questions regarding past behavior and functional expertise   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made me an offer, I asked for some perks and we were good

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Interview

Engineer
King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process seemed to go well. There was a phone screen which, in retrospect, should have been a warning. There was only one formal interview; it was probably the easiest interview I've ever had. Because I was trying to escape a nightmare job, I asked if I could come in for a day and spend some time with them. They said yes. I came in for a day and had a pretty good time. I doubt they'll let anyone do that these days.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. The standards are low.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for more money. I went through a recruiter that was a very bad negotiator. Later I found out that a co-worked made $50,000 more than me. I wasn't happy.

Interviews for Top Jobs at eBay Enterprise