eBay Enterprise Interview Questions

2.9

E-commerce Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in March 2014.

I experienced two phone interviews with this company. They asked very relevant questions with no surprises. They were very friendly and attentive. The first interview was with one person, the second was a conference call with two hiring staff from the department I would have worked with. That's right, I didn't get the job. For some reason the company moved the position across the country. It's a shame really; I would have blown them away. Maybe next time...

Interview Questions
    • There really was no difficult questions. Interviews are never fun. I imagine the feeling is mutual on both sides. I can say that my interview with eBay Enterprise less uncomfortable than most other interview experiences. I never interviewed in person.   Answer Question

User Experiance Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Interview process is not super stressful. If you have connections or a recommendation in the company it is pretty easy to get a job.

Buyer Interview

Had one interview during the start phase of the company

Chief of Staff to Chief Executive Officer of Global Operations Interview

3 hour meeting with the CEO followed by six 1 hour interviews with his direct reports. Very in-depth, but comfortable rapport.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most strategic contribution in a previous position that resulted in unprecedented business results   Answer Question
    Offered $25K less than I desired. I responded with my sincere interest in the job and the assurance that I would exceed expectations as I have proven in past leadership roles justifies my salary at $125K.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at eBay Enterprise.

One of the strangest interviews in which I've been involved.
    My buddy works there and after a couple emails to and from HR, they brought me in for an interview.
    I met with the hiring manager and things seemed to go really well. I had about 90% of the qualifications in the interviewer seemed interested and engaged. We spoke for about 25 minutes; a good introductory meeting.
    Then...I met with the HR generalist. Yes, AFTER meeting with the guy who was actually hiring for the position.

She was harried and unfocused as she entered the room. She barely looked into my eyes and gave me one of those limp handshakes. She admitted to me that she didn't have time to review this job posting, which was a bit unsettling. This is the head of HR for the company, by the way.

She gave my resume a cursory glance and proceeded to ask me rapid-fire skills questions ("Do you have 5+ years of SQL?", "How would you rate you Office skills?"). She looked up at me, maybe two times. There was very little interaction, throughout the process.

Her portion of the interview lasted 10 minutes, tops.

After that brief Q&A session I felt uneasy, after previously feeling very confident with the guy who actually knew about the requirements for the position.

Here's the kicker: When I arrived home from the interview, there was an email from the HR person waiting for me, saying that I would not be offered the job! Whoa, eBay, how about some professional courtesy? How about some consideration? At least let me get my hopes up.

It was a subtly condescending letter, too; saying something like, "maybe you should apply to something that better matches your skill set and experience," as if I had never heard of or experienced any of the things that were talked about in the interview.

eBay/GSI Commerce: please instruct your HR people to respect all applicants, regardless of their qualifications. Oh, and maybe you should have an HR representative speak to your interviewee, first!

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember. I think they were all answered appropriately.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise.

The recruiter never reached out during our set phone screen time, I had to email her to reschedule. After a second change in time due to another "meeting," she emails me at the time of our interview to inform me they have found a candidate. Wasted two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What time are you available to interview?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in June 2013.

Recruiter was poised and professional. She knew about the role and genuinely excited. I met 4 people in my first interview that had to be rescheduled due to a client meeting. Each person I met was great--smart personable and busy. Position was filled, but I'll apply again.

Interview Questions
    • I thought the questions were fair, discussions were comfortable   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in May 2013.

1 phone interview, 1 face to face

not much

Studio Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in May 2013.

They reached out to me about an open position. Flew in for an interview. The communication was very open. Was in constant contact with the HR team throughout the process. The people I interviewed with gave a very detailed message about that they thought of the interview, which is always nice.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate, but there was no budging on their end.

Developer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in March 2013.

I went through 1 general with minimal technical phone screening interview followed by 2 more technical phone interview that involved writing data structure code. Then I had 6 on site deeply technical interview with team leads, managers and a director of QA and development teams. Given I never worked for ebay before, I thought I have provided good answers to questions (problems/issues they they were trying to solve internally at the time of my interview). According to my interviewers, they were impressed with the solutions I have provided them to a couple of problems they were saving. In fact, one of them told me that he would like to use the solution I gave to a problem to a problem they were facing. Overall, I felt it went really well. Few days later, the recruiter informed me that they couldn't make decisions and wanted me to go through a couple of interviews to find me a "better fit" in their organization. Then "a couple" turned to 5 more technical & brain teasers interviews over the phone with leads, managers and a director. Few days later my recruiter informed me that they decided to hire another person.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was asked is that, a search for a specific item returns results in which each result item has several attributes such as seller score ...etc. How do you know the attributes of each result is real users data. How can you trust the data when you don't have anything to compare or validate against?   Answer Question