eBay Enterprise

Updated Oct 1, 2014

2.9

Test Automation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in April 2014.

Received e-mail within a few days. Successful HR interview, passed info to hiring manager, was told I'd hear back early next week. After letting that week pass I called for follow-up. Two days later I got a reply - a "we're going with another candidate" form letter. I found that weak.

Interview Questions
    • I knew nothing about the domain or the tools they use. However, an hour on wikipedia to look up the domain and tools allowed me to provide relevant related experience. It was enough to get me through the initial interview.   Answer Question

E-commerce Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in March 2014.

I experienced two phone interviews with this company. They asked very relevant questions with no surprises. They were very friendly and attentive. The first interview was with one person, the second was a conference call with two hiring staff from the department I would have worked with. That's right, I didn't get the job. For some reason the company moved the position across the country. It's a shame really; I would have blown them away. Maybe next time...

Interview Questions
    • There really was no difficult questions. Interviews are never fun. I imagine the feeling is mutual on both sides. I can say that my interview with eBay Enterprise less uncomfortable than most other interview experiences. I never interviewed in person.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in May 2013.

1 phone interview, 1 face to face

not much

User Experiance Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Interview process is not super stressful. If you have connections or a recommendation in the company it is pretty easy to get a job.

Buyer Interview

Had one interview during the start phase of the company

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in August 2010.

2 rounds on phone, 2 rounds in person

Interview Questions
    • nothing particularly specific, just needed to show general competence.   View Answer
    over the phone back and forth on salary

Chief of Staff to Chief Executive Officer of Global Operations Interview

3 hour meeting with the CEO followed by six 1 hour interviews with his direct reports. Very in-depth, but comfortable rapport.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most strategic contribution in a previous position that resulted in unprecedented business results   Answer Question
    Offered $25K less than I desired. I responded with my sincere interest in the job and the assurance that I would exceed expectations as I have proven in past leadership roles justifies my salary at $125K.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at eBay Enterprise.

One of the strangest interviews in which I've been involved.
    My buddy works there and after a couple emails to and from HR, they brought me in for an interview.
    I met with the hiring manager and things seemed to go really well. I had about 90% of the qualifications in the interviewer seemed interested and engaged. We spoke for about 25 minutes; a good introductory meeting.
    Then...I met with the HR generalist. Yes, AFTER meeting with the guy who was actually hiring for the position.

She was harried and unfocused as she entered the room. She barely looked into my eyes and gave me one of those limp handshakes. She admitted to me that she didn't have time to review this job posting, which was a bit unsettling. This is the head of HR for the company, by the way.

She gave my resume a cursory glance and proceeded to ask me rapid-fire skills questions ("Do you have 5+ years of SQL?", "How would you rate you Office skills?"). She looked up at me, maybe two times. There was very little interaction, throughout the process.

Her portion of the interview lasted 10 minutes, tops.

After that brief Q&A session I felt uneasy, after previously feeling very confident with the guy who actually knew about the requirements for the position.

Here's the kicker: When I arrived home from the interview, there was an email from the HR person waiting for me, saying that I would not be offered the job! Whoa, eBay, how about some professional courtesy? How about some consideration? At least let me get my hopes up.

It was a subtly condescending letter, too; saying something like, "maybe you should apply to something that better matches your skill set and experience," as if I had never heard of or experienced any of the things that were talked about in the interview.

eBay/GSI Commerce: please instruct your HR people to respect all applicants, regardless of their qualifications. Oh, and maybe you should have an HR representative speak to your interviewee, first!

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember. I think they were all answered appropriately.   Answer Question

Studio Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in May 2013.

They reached out to me about an open position. Flew in for an interview. The communication was very open. Was in constant contact with the HR team throughout the process. The people I interviewed with gave a very detailed message about that they thought of the interview, which is always nice.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate, but there was no budging on their end.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in September 2011.

When I first interviewed (in 2011), I had answered an ad placed directly by GSI Commerce on the EmployFlorida job board. I was called with an interview appointment - and informed it would be a panel interview. There were multiple interviewers across the table from multiple prospective employees, and each prospective employee answered the same questions in rote from the panel. The following year (2012), the company had farmed out the application process to an employment agency, and it was bungled several times. I went in initially and filled out the application at the employment agency, then waited for an interview appointment. In the meantime, various offices of the same employment agency began calling me asking if I would like to come in and fill out an application. I kept telling them I had already done that and was waiting for an interview appointment. Finally - after a couple of weeks of this, I went by the original employment office and found out they just hadn't done anything with my application and they set up an interview for me then.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't particularly difficult. I think they just want to hear if you speak clearly and with good grammar, and if you come across as having an alert, interested demeanor. The only one I remember was to describe a time when I had to handle a situation at work for which there had been no training.   View Answer
    There's no negotiation. It's a simple at-will seasonal position with fairly decent pay.